10 - Lonergan
9.5 - Christensen
7 - Podsiadly, Corey
5 - T.Hunt
4.5 - Mackie
3 - Smedts
2 - Scarlett
1 - J.Hunt, Stephensen

I think Selwood is getting marked quite harshly here. Was clearly our best over the year.

don't agree as Taylor was really brilliant for us and he took over the reigns of Scarlett and even added offensive scoring to his bow.
Selwood stood out early but as the team improved midway through the year he began to falter only slightly because he had Kelly, Duncan, Corey lifting their games around him.

Mackie was another who had a terrific season.
I'm very surprised Taylor didn't make the All-Australian squad.
For out-marking his opponent, there was none better and you'd look back to Brian Lake in his prime and to me that is where Taylor was in 2012 :thumbsu:

In retrospect Selwood's year has been mildly overrated on this forum. He was quality of course, as per usual, but while I was perusing his stats on AA night it was surprising to realise how many middling performances he had this year.

In retrospect Selwood's year has been mildly overrated on this forum. He was quality of course, as per usual, but while I was perusing his stats on AA night it was surprising to realise how many middling performances he had this year.

And thats where stats can be misleading. He may not have had as many disposals as he has in previous seasons, but hes been relied upon for his work at the bottom of packs so much more this season than in any other season.

He's been absolutely immense.

rounds 1-11
73% disposal efficiency, 26.5 touches & 14.5 contested, 5.5 tackles, 6.5 clearances, 1.5 clangers, 0.7 goals & 1 goal assists

rounds 13-elimination final
67% disposal efficiency, 25 touches & 12.5 contested, 5.5 tackles, 7 clearances, 3.5 clangers, 0.5 goals & 0.7 goal assists.

Pretty much the most consistent player in our team all year long but his clangers stats from RD13-EF jumped considerably.
You'd reckon if we had Ling this year then he would averaged around 27 disposals per game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back