List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In this draft a player like Jack Graham could slide to 64.

There is nothing more exciting than having young players with unknown potential walk in to a club with top facilities, staff and players to help them develop.

Just remember, Butler, Castagna, Broad, Lambert, Short, Grimes and Graham were all players that didn’t go high in the draft; 6 are premiership players and the other will be.

Also our depth will come from within from players that are already at the club.
Look for more game time from Baker, Bolton, Balta, Markov and Menadue

I dont know about everyone else but I would rather give game time to the above than Miles, Lloyd and C.Ellis.

If by keeping Llyod it means Baker and Bolton miss out on games than I know who I would be keeping or giving game time next season.

Agreed its around that range but for that pick may as well kept him. I highly doubt we will bring in a player at 64 who can do more than Lloyd. Bloke can play forward and midfield and have an impact
Yes for that pick we might as well have kept him. But he isnt guaranteed a game in our side. He is at the dogs. We did the right thing by him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We blinked first...!?!!!
tenor.gif

Do you realise that when you are in the premiership window 18 year olds with no AFL experience could take on average 2-3 years to produce what these VFL fringe players can produce. This is keeping in mind that they are mature players that have been in our system for a number of years are needed to help you win another premiership.

You dont get rid of 3-4 depth and say 3-4 blokes coming into the system this year will be able to produce the same output we have been good at drafting but not that good
That logic is very 2005. 18 year old kids these are almost all AFL ready. We are not asking them to be world beaters in their 1st season but rather equal our depth which they will. Some may even be better than our depth while others may be better than our starting 22.

Farewell bongs - you provided our one and only highlight of 2016 and managed 50 odd games whilst permanently choonged which is a feat in itself. Much respect and all the best at the doggies

Hopefully we are looking to pick up one of these two to replace him from the upcoming rookie draft
View attachment 573977
Classsssss...

not 'ready to step in for a medium-long term injury and play a major role in the midfield of a flag contender' deep

Theres always a few in every draft - especially inside mids who traditionally are the ones that seem to be able to step up to the level bc of their more mature physique, and theyre the types we'll definitely be targeting this draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back