Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bombers chasing Dangerfield, Boak, Sidebottom

I have it on good authority that Maxwell never said sorry, so I guess the discussion now is what number will he wear?

Given he'll be challenging Willie Dick for the best name at EFC, I think we would have to give him number 2.

Ricky Dyson will just have to accept it.

Re: Marcus Marigliani

They're the Ferals!
The FERALS!
They're gunna get ya they're the Ferals!!

081126_now.jpg

Saw him play Sandy and the week after for VFL v's WAFL.
To me he looks to have a very good footy brain, is polished and obviosly has the build to play afl.

From what i've seen, easily looks to deserving of a few senior games to see what he can do.

Re: Time's up for Neagle+Laycock?

Both are list cloggers (among others) and until we can weed out these guys, we will be nothing but an average side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Laycock have the talent?

Yes!

Does he have the body?

No!

Does Neagle have the talent?

Does he have the mental capacity to play good 'consistent' football at the highest level week in week out?

No!

The sooner we get rid of them both, the more time we will be able to put on the incoming players that will fill there positions.

No doubting there ability at all, we have all seen glimpses, it is far too periodical for the people to fathom, so; with this in mind, both will be moved on in the not too distant future IMO.

RE: 3 changes for the year: Laycock (Uncontracted), Atkinson (Delisted), [Third player undecided just yet].

Laycock is still needed and in 1-2 years will be valuable (remember Hille before 2006? Exactly) Put Hille in forward permanently and have Laycock/Ryder rotate.

*Drools*

Exactly. In 2004, Hille was putting in the same kind of performance that Laycock in back in 08. If Hille had missed 05 through injury, wouldn't we have looked pretty silly for dropping him. It's a cliche, but it's true- big men take time.

Exactly. In 2004, Hille was putting in the same kind of performance that Laycock in back in 08. If Hille had missed 05 through injury, wouldn't we have looked pretty silly for dropping him. It's a cliche, but it's true- big men take time.
A more apt analogy would be: had Hille missed both 05 and 06 through injury would we have looked silly?
And frankly, I don't think Hille would've come on as he has if he had missed those 2 years of development.

Yeh a nothing story. But if we were to get one of these, we'd have to give up our first pick as well as someone decent or someone with great potential (someone we'd want to keep).

We'd have to consider trading say Reimers, Monfries, Jetta, Still, Daniher, Myers, Neagle, Davey, Hocking.

I'd probably be happy to offer up one of these blokes plus our first pick to get one of these blokes. Sure I really want to keep ALL of these blokes and see the majority of them as best 22 players, but if you want quality, you need to offer quality.

He's not listed for Bendigo this week??? Any connection with Grant's suspension or are they just resting him prior to unleashing the beast at AFL level? Can't wait... might be handy for DT too! :thumbsu:

LOL at rumors in ?May..

Like someone said on page 1, "It's just Hutchy.. trying to make it look like he's researching".

The three players mentioned, will almost certainly not going anywhere anytime soon..

Dangerfield is happy in Adelaide, the Crows have done everything in their powers to make him as happy as they can to keep him.

Boak is a future superstar. As it stands, I do not see us actually getting him. As silly as it sounds, we are not in ' the premiership window', so if it does come to end of season and player 'x' nominates a team, I see them nominating a Collingwood (stock standard really), a St.Kilda (such a powerhouse club that is close to a premiership) or even a Hawthron (still in there window) before us. As was stated when trade rumors were circling last year, how many players have come out and publicly stated they want to come to Essendon in the past say, 5 years?

Do not get me wrong, I would love any of the three forementioned players, but, at the other end of the straw the club and player are ultimately the ones who have the last say..

I would actually go after some of these guys..

Tom Swift
Luke Shuey
Koby Stevens
Jack Steven
David Armitage

... the list could go on..

And then you have some already established players in state leagues, the ilk of Myles Sewell, Ed Curnow and Michael Stockdale, who I think will all get drafted (Stockdale especially, seems like the perfect fit for us small lock down defender who uses it really well, 20 y.o).

Bit off track but yeah :rolleyes:

Atkinson Delisting

Looking around on BF and wondering why the majority of posters think that Atkinson will get delisted.

He has had a great year and is unique to our backline. What has he done this year to warrant a bashing, even a delisting

Im just annoyed that we have to confidence in the bloke and he is one of my favorites down at EFC.

Re: Atkinson Delisting

Looking around on BF and wondering why the majority of posters think that Atkinson will get delisted.

He has had a great year and is unique to our backline. What has he done this year to warrant a bashing, even a delisting

Im just annoyed that we have to confidence in the bloke and he is one of my favorites down at EFC.
I personally am not an Atkinson basher. I enjoy watching him play and am happy he's keeping his spot for now.

I do think it's not looking good for him at the end of the year however, as 3 players must come off our list every year, and I can't see anyone other than Laycock who should be culled. Atkinson and Lonergan I think are the most expendable.

Perhaps you should have a look at all the players whose contract expires this year, and tell us who else should be culled?
The alternative, which of course may happen, can be a turnover of players through GC stealing 1 of our players, and/or trade week.

Re: Atkinson Delisting

did some noice things last night, on the improve as many have been of late:thumbsu:...they put something in the water down at windy hill:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back