List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which fringe players would you trade, so that we can keep a pick? Don't say Aarts.

Yes - Soldo (19), Castagna (30), Dow (30), Mansell (30)
No - Ross (19), Graham (19), Ralphsmith (30)

I'd trade Soldo, but I'd rather keep Ross or Graham than pick 19.
I'd trade Castagna, Dow or Mansell, but I'd rather keep Ralphsmith than pick 30.

Which fringe players would you trade, so that we can keep a pick? Don't say Aarts.

I'd trade Castagna, Dow or Mansell, but I'd rather keep Ralphsmith than pick 30.
I wouldnt trade Dow

I think we have enough picks to get the 2 GWS boys and the delisting of any of the above players would mean taking a kid at a late pick and doubt they would be the quality of the above players and we already have 2+ years development into these boys and they provide mature depth next 3 years

Just do the deal with our picks , Keep our players and only take the 1 kid in the draft (KPP or Ruckman)

I was excited until I realised it was SOS who said it.
Show a bit of respect for the man who recruited Lachie Plowman.

Twice.

In total he recruited nine players twice. That's backing yourself.

Taranto is slightly better and younger but Hopper is contracted so their trade cost is about the same IMO. Mid 1st and a bit each.
Hopper being contracted is not a plus for the club that has to get that contract off its books.

This board has absolutely crucified SOS for having generally no idea and making terrible trades, but as soon as he says something that fits a narrative we like, we lap it up like it's gospel.

Never change you lot.
The man recruited Jono O'Rourke. With pick 2. And sold him two years later for pick 19 when it was obvious he was dogshit. He's a genius.

I grew up in Geelong (Lara).
Ah, Lara. The Dandenong of Geelong. No one from Geelong would say Lara is Geelong.
"I'm from Melbourne."
"Oh, whereabouts?"
"Seymour."
"Hmm."

Twice.

Hopper being contracted is not a plus for the club that has to get that contract off its books.

The man recruited Jono O'Rourke. With pick 2. And sold him two years later for pick 19 when it was obvious he was dogshit. He's a genius.

Ah, Lara. The Dandenong of Geelong. No one from Geelong would say Lara is Geelong.
"I'm from Melbourne."
"Oh, whereabouts?"
"Seymour."
"Hmm."
****n hell hahaha

Some of your best work here

Twice.

"I'm from Melbourne."
"Oh, whereabouts?"
"Seymour."
"Hmm."

Close enough. But yes Lara is now pretty much a suburb of Geelong. And who gives an F about Geelong beyond it's home to the team I most want to not win the premiership.

Second, I love the feeling of cognitive dissonance in supporting SOS. He did a great job on Carlton's list, and I deeply mean that - he did a great job :heartribbon:.

Third, GWS is between a rock and a hard place. They have to lose Hopper and Taranto, this year. If both say Richmond, then GWS doesn't have much wiggle room or ability to play hard ball. Hard ball = hurting themselves :D. So we'll see what happens. But I suspect the Tigers will offer a decent trade, and that's all. GWS can agree or negotiate, and hope that they don't screw up the trade. Not a strong position for the Giants.

So here's hoping that the trade happens for less than what i think is likely fair. I'm really hoping that my trade ability is below even SOS's.

Just some advice on Big Footy. Trash talk and fantasy concepts are what you get. Don't bite, all it means is that you'll get more trash talk.

I grew up in Geelong (Lara) and I know it's just a small city. But it's fun for people to trash talk the opposition. And Geelong is so easy to trash talk. Moe by the sea etc. And if you don't take it personally it's funny.
Met a good mate of mine who now lives in Brisy and his rellies,all Tigers from Corio.

Pretty much where I sit.

Richmond should just avoid trade week this year until late afternoon on the last day

Just go in 1 hour before
Go to the bathroom clean up
Get some biscuits and coffee
chit chat with the boys a bit

Say Hi to the GWS boys and tell them what our offer is and walk away
they have no choice and have to clear cap space

Do Castagna, Dow and Mansell have any value ? Only player with value on your list aside Soldo is Graham and I would be open to trade him if we get hopper and Taranto. Can’t get anything good if you’re not willing to give up something good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Graham and think he has a pretty long future in the game and would be happy if that's with us. But if we're bringing in taranto and hopper and we decide that Graham is no longer best 22, I don't think we can afford to have his salary (~$500k) in the reserves given how tight our cap will be. I wouldn't be happy to see him gone but a future 2nd from Essendon and ~$400k saved per year would probably be for the best

Just a few things

RE:SOS
I wonder if he would have the same valuation if he was list manager of GWS ?
He just likes to please the listeners and become popular and there are alot of Richmond supporters , Taranto is easily worth #12 + #19 and GWS have every right to demand that and if we can get him for less then thats a bargain Hopper for F1+#30 is also about the value and again anything less is a win
Taranto +Hopper for all our picks would be a win win and if we get junk back even better.

I would love to keep Soldo but thinking he will have suitors and he will be thinking its time to move to get games and maybe more cash and i dont blame him to be honest sometimes you just need to move to further your career similar to Markov in a way. Richmond would not hold him back and will facilitate the trade 2nd rounder would be a pick in the 30's this year and for a contracted player thats about right

Gws may not be interested in SOLDO as he is too similar to what they have St Kilda , Hawks , Geelong , Carlton or maybe the Power
Surely Soldo worth a pick in the 20s! CCJ went to North for pick 19 last year and then couldn't get a game there.

Close enough. But yes Lara is now pretty much a suburb of Geelong. And who gives an F about Geelong beyond it's home to the team I most want to not win the premiership.

Second, I love the feeling of cognitive dissonance in supporting SOS. He did a great job on Carlton's list, and I deeply mean that - he did a great job :heartribbon:.

Third, GWS is between a rock and a hard place. They have to lose Hopper and Taranto, this year. If both say Richmond, then GWS doesn't have much wiggle room or ability to play hard ball. Hard ball = hurting themselves :D. So we'll see what happens. But I suspect the Tigers will offer a decent trade, and that's all. GWS can agree or negotiate, and hope that they don't screw up the trade. Not a strong position for the Giants.

So here's hoping that the trade happens for less than what i think is likely fair. I'm really hoping that my trade ability is below even SOS's.
See, you're making too much sense to be from Geelong. I bet you've never even rooted a sheep, been made redundant from the hubcap assembly line or shanked anyone for a point of meth.

Lol SOS. This is the guy who thought he got the recruit of the century in Liam Stocker.

Surely Soldo worth a pick in the 20s! CCJ went to North for pick 19 last year and then couldn't get a game there.
CCj went for 19 because of potential and thats about it and north over paid

Soldo will be 27 with a knee injury and for a 204cm big man that carry's 105kgs in the Ruck thats not a great sign

I wouldnt want to be giving up more than a pick #40 for Soldo if he was coming to my team

See, you're making too much sense to be from Geelong. I bet you've never even rooted a sheep, been made redundant from the hubcap assembly line or shanked anyone for a point of meth.

Well I did get made redundant from Ford. Sort of.

Working on the line there made me want to go back to uni and finish my degree.

Sheep, hmm, more kiwi thing that.

And meth, well I leave that up to you.

CCj went for 19 because of potential and thats about it and north over paid

Soldo will be 27 with a knee injury and for a 204cm big man that carry's 105kgs in the Ruck thats not a great sign

I wouldnt want to be giving up more than a pick #40 for Soldo if he was coming to my team

We gave them a few picks in the 50s along with CCJ for a pick that could have been anywhere between 20 and 25.

Likely to be no better than 21 after Ashcroft bid and North compo pick at end of 1st round

Considering they offered Taranto a new contract while Hopper is still under contract suggests they have the money to keep one of them comfortably. They'd make it work if they had to, just as they would have when they matched geelongs bid for Jezza and forced them to trade.

Are you saying Soldo is worth pick 19? Not a chance. Soldo, Ross, Graham and Ralphsmith if traded could allow us to hold on to pick 30 at best. None of them would amount to pick 19. The rest not even pick 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back