Trade time

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller and a 2nd round pick for a class midfielder 20-25 years old. Jamar to Richmond for a 2nd round pick(17?)- pass to midfielders club. Thinking Richmond need a ruckman to help out Simmonds, we can develop Johnno. We dont need Miller and can get some class with a quality midfielder. We also need a Dale Morris type of player so Brucey doesn't need to back to play on Brad Johnson type players. Prepared to swap Ferguson, Godfrey, Warnock. In our situation we need to entertain any trade to get better.

What is vital though prior to trade season is we have a coach for 2008 whether thats Danners or not. I think the saints were disadvantaged this year. We really need to plan for 2008 now. We have the basis for a good side with Neitz, Bruce, McLean, Sylvia, White, Robertson, Johnstone, Moloney, McDonald, Rivers, Green, Carroll, Bell, Bartram, Davey all worthy of being in a premiership side. If we can add a versatile backman and a class midfielder and have a good run with injury we can get back up the ladder as early as next season- especially with a shake up in the coaching department as well.

we need to focus on getting what we need. a gun midfielder and a centre half forward... not easy to get though. as good as robbo is he isnt a chf and we have several good onballers but no-one that stands out like judd, stevens, power, ball etc. our closest is bruce and he is more of a utility. next would be johno and he is just lazy. maybe big jonathon brown will come down and bring power or black with him? haha,im sure mathews would take ferguson and a draft pick....:thumbsdown: :D

David Mundy is not a no name, you should watch more football. I'd have him in a heartbeat for Rivers.

I dont think Jared is going to develop into the player we all thought after his rising star award. He just doesnt seem to be big enough to take the best forward. I hope I am wrong. But saying he is not tradeable is wrong.

You've got to be kidding me?? Rivers for mundy?? Rivers is easily in our top 3 players in terms of importance to our team, no way is he going anywhere. Plus mundy is just a rebounding defender, something we have plenty of. If we had to trade rivers for some bizarre reason, it would be for another solid CHB.

who is likely to be delisted at this stage??? looking at our list i see alot of average type players in & out of the team..

who is likely to be delisted at this stage??? looking at our list i see alot of average type players in & out of the team..

Bizzell and Holland both look likely to be cut at the end of the season. They will turn 31 years old next season and are finding it hard to keep a place in the senior side.

Wheatley's career is surely at the cross roads and he will be under pressure to retain a spot on the list. Personally I am not a big fan and would like to see him go.

Brown and Ward will be 31 and 30 next year. Along with Bizzell and Wheatley, they all have to compete with a number of young players for the two or three 'rebound defenders' spots.

Godfrey could be another looked at, but his form has improved recently and until we develop another tagger, I have a feeling he will stay.

That is six players right there under the pump. All of them will be +27 years old next year, which doesn't exactly mean they are old, but some room must be made to blood the younger players and they look most vulnerable.

Plus, there are always one or two young players who are cut without being given a chance - Gianfagna, Van Schaik, Campbell, Molan, Newman, Clark, Poyas, Carson, Fisher, Walsh, Ayres and Robbins just to name a few (all from the rookie list since 2002) :eek:

Godfrey could be another looked at, but his form has improved recently and until we develop another tagger, I have a feeling he will stay.
No-one trades my Godders.

Biggest cult hero since 426 left us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus, there are always one or two young players who are cut without being given a chance - Gianfagna, Van Schaik, Campbell, Molan, Newman, Clark, Poyas, Carson, Fisher, Walsh, Ayres and Robbins just to name a few (all from the rookie list since 2002) :eek:

Whatever happened to Fisher? I could give two shits about the VFA so I've got no idea if he's still playing.

Maybe when I work out who the **** John Meesen is...

Your a joke mate

Rivers is tradeable but not for some guy no one has ever heard of.

Another dud tall, just want we need.
:rolleyes: Such ill-informed opinions.

Meesen is 20 years of age and has the potential to develop into a quality ruckman. How many ruckmen were dominating at that age? I bet you've all been impressed with Hamish McIntosh this season? Pick 9 and barely showed a thing until his 4th season with the Roos. Well Meesen is currently injured and due back in 3 weeks, but if he was fit chances are he would be playing AFL at the moment instead of Griffin. Just you wait.

Meesen is 20 years of age and has the potential to develop into a quality ruckman. How many ruckmen were dominating at that age? I bet you've all been impressed with Hamish McIntosh this season? Pick 9 and barely showed a thing until his 4th season with the Roos. Well Meesen is currently injured and due back in 3 weeks, but if he was fit chances are he would be playing AFL at the moment instead of Griffin. Just you wait.

that may be true, but the fact of the matter is that rivers is what holds our defense together, without him we're alot worse down back... unless we had another quality key backman come through, we really couldn't afford to trade him...

I'd trade people like Godfrey, Bizzell and Wheatly i a heartbeat but in reality we're hard;y going to get anything with them. To make some steps perhaps we should think about trading Travis or Yze. They're both great players but we have people to fill their void and i know how much the opposing clubs rate them.

Thanks for the Drummond, but we are sick of having ruckmen with "potential".

We want the real thing.

I'd trade people like Godfrey, Bizzell and Wheatly i a heartbeat but in reality we're hard;y going to get anything with them. To make some steps perhaps we should think about trading Travis or Yze. They're both great players but we have people to fill their void and i know how much the opposing clubs rate them.

if by travis u mean trav johnson youve got to be kidding. he will be the leader of our midfield in the next few years. a quality midfield at that. johnson,mclean,bate,jones,sylvia,bruce,green,davey...all capable midfielders. johno just adds that touch of class that we need. he just needs a kick up the backside every now and again. as for yze being traded,if i was a club i wouldnt take him,his getting past it. its not like your gonna get anyone decent for him. the only way i would trade trav was if i was gonna get someone "judd like" out of it.

Johnstone should already be the leader of our midfield, and it is debatable whether he is (if we even have one).

But there is no doubt that in by 2008-09, McLean will be our best player hands down (he could've been there right now if not for injury).

I can't see someone that is so inconsistant like Johnstone is being the leader of our midfield. He's rarely produced this year and i wouldn't mind seeing what we could get for him. This is his tenth year in the midfield i think if he was going to stand up it would've come before this.

Trade all of the following if we could get some value for them;
GREEN C JOHNSON JAMAR FERGO MILLER WHEATLEY YZE
BIZ WHEATLEY BROWN

we need to trade some of our dead wood and try and get some strength and hardness through our midfield. thats what i meant about thommo. we really need someone tuff on ball. we just need to get him back!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back