Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How’s Will Phillips going?
cbc kc GIF by Kim's Convenience

Whilst we are all applying our BF phd in medicine and sports science, my thesis is that it is wind drag and he needs some kind of stabilisation to more efficiently cut through wind resistance. I propose he wear this to assist hin:

View attachment 1915784
Does he have to wear the dog as well? Does the dog qualify as having an extra player on the field?

If we drafted Tsatas over Wardlaw there’d be two things that would happen.

1) those campaigners would win a final this year

2) Brady Rawlings goes missing after being sacked from the North Melbourne Football Club

I would be the most petty campaigner that I would call in and email and physically drive down to Arden St and abuse the whole football department for the f*** up.

The one thing we have got right and history will look favourably on was landing Sheezel and Wardlaw in the one draft when that piece of s**t walked out on us.

The fact that we made Dodoro draft Tsatas when they are crying out for an inside midfield bull is exactly the type of s**t North should be doing.

We killed it

2) Brady Rawlings goes missing after being sacked from the North Melbourne Football Club

I would be the most petty campaigner that I would call in and email and physically drive down to Arden St and abuse the whole football department for the f*** up.

The one thing we have got right and history will look favourably on was landing Sheezel and Wardlaw in the one draft when that piece of s**t walked out on us.

The fact that we made Dodoro draft Tsatas when they are crying out for an inside midfield bull is exactly the type of s**t North should be doing.

We killed it
To be fair, the likes of Humphries and Phillipou were available for Essendon. Both of these are explosive but seem to have had much more rounded games than Tsatas at junior level.

I have a medical question. I have a dog that has started limping so should I put the mutt down or take the thorn out of his paw?
You should have foreseen the thorn issue arising and never taken the risk. You could have got a goldfish. How often do they get thorns in their paws? Why would anyone take a risk on a dog when you could get a boring pet like a goldfish...

We killed it

******* running home a huge blessing in disguise

To be fair, the likes of Humphries and Phillipou were available for Essendon. Both of these are explosive but seem to have had much more rounded games than Tsatas at junior level.
Dodoro's reputation as a master drafter cum trade wizard is one of the most curious things in football given they haven't won a final for a generation

True. Tsatas was next best available though. And they would have been silly not to go for him.
Which is why the Wardlaw selection was elite.
We found our Cunnington replacement and we forced them to add a player that they have half a dozen of already.

Its as much as win-win as you can get for us.

Track watchers!!! Can we get reports on those who are coming back from (or currently have) slight niggles please?

E.g. Comben, Ford, Scott, Wardlaw, Tucker, Greenwood, Archer
The only missing body is GW.

Logue running. Free away from the main group with Archer, although Archer was involved in the drills later on.

Everyone else, Ford, Tucker, Scott, Comben seems to be out there training normally.

I think I briefly saw GW on the boundary in a training T shirt talking to staff, very brief rum, then went in.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue running. Free away from the main group with Archer, although Archer was involved in the drills later on.

Everyone else, Ford, Tucker, Scott, Comben seems to be out there training normally.

I think I briefly saw GW on the boundary in a training T shirt talking to staff, very brief rum, then went in.

Probably just testing how it felt to run on the grass, I had a badly rolled ankle when I played once and it felt fine walking or jogging on concrete but when the surface shifts it is a bit different, just gives you some feedback if you are 95% or 100%.

rum-jack-sparrow.gif

Georgie on the rumbos! Must be party time.

Interesting comments by Charlie on one of the podcasts. He said that Powell had a role change to be a defensive mid. I did notice he was constantly manning up against the Pies at clearances. I assume he will be tasked with defending the clearance while the likes of LDU and Wardlaw attack the clearance. Will likely reduce his clearance numbers but should be around the ball a lot more.

Interesting comments by Charlie on one of the podcasts. He said that Powell had a role change to be a defensive mid. I did notice he was constantly manning up against the Pies at clearances. I assume he will be tasked with defending the clearance while the likes of LDU and Wardlaw attack the clearance. Will likely reduce his clearance numbers but should be around the ball a lot more.
And hopefully means he’s ’playing his role’ & stays in the team. I really want him to make it.

He’d be an annoying player to play against, from a defensive point of view, cause he’d really hurt you going the other way, even on the transition he’d be likely involved, so you’d have to be alert the whole time.
He could be involved for a couple of plays and create a couple of goals.

Well, preseason is officially over for us.

Lots to like about our squad for 2024. Still a lot of room for improvement too.

Things I like:
  • Few of our guys who have been on the list for a couple years are looking good and like they're ready to take that next step. Tommy Powell, Josh Goater, Charlie Lazzaro, etc.
  • Our young guys in Sheezel, Wardlaw, Duursma, McKercher and the like are incredibly exciting. The future is blindingly bright.
  • I think everyone was concerned about our tall defenders, but I've seen enough from Pink and to a lesser extent Kal Dawson that I think we can manage until Logue returns mid-year.
  • If Xerri stays healthy, he will hold down the * position well.
  • Larkey looks to have another big year ahead of him.
  • Jaidyn Stephenson started last year well but finished in a bit of a slump. But throughout preseason he's looked good. Importantly looks like he's lifted his forward pressure nicely.
  • The Clarko structure and gameplan is easy to see, and once our list has a good consistent run with it, North all is going to be very exciting.
Things I still have concerns about:
  • Quite a few of our players are still struggling with poor skills + disposal. It's holding us back too often.
  • We still badly need better talls. CCJ doesn't fill me with confidence, and Comben can't seem to stay healthy.
  • Consistency is going to be a challenge for our midfield. We know what they're capable of, but throughout preseason too often we saw guys like LDU, Phillips, Lazzaro, Powell (etc) go missing for stretches.
  • With Simpkin's concussion and LMac's interrupted preseason (and lack of form last year) there's a real chance we go into round 1 without either of our captains. Opportunity for young guys to step up, but a little worried about the on-field leadership.
  • We only have one Harry Sheezel. I wish we had 22 of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back