Analysis Training Watch - Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for posting here as I may or may not be particularly welcome but for some rather odd reason the AFL has decided they want Josh Dunkley training at the Hawks for some reason

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-05/academy-players-at-clubs

If you guys could have him spend a lot of time around Sam Mitchell it would be really appreciated :)
Your club has been banned from selecting Acadamy players or have them train with you unless you immediately give up your COLA :)
Hope that helps!

Your club has been banned from selecting Acadamy players or have them train with you unless you immediately give up your COLA :)
Hope that helps!

Are you taking the Mickey here Steven Tyler or being serious?:confused:....If Serious, then Sauce???....If pulling the Flogs arm (And no other Flog deserves it more than RUNVS ) then Well Done!;)

And I notice, none at the swans. Seems like the Swans have really pissed the AFL off and are giving Josh the opportunity to take a look at a really good club :D especially when you consider his old man is not exactly enamoured of the Swans

Are you taking the Mickey here Steven Tyler or being serious?:confused:....If Serious, then Sauce???....If pulling the Flogs arm (And no other Flog deserves it more than RUNVS ) then Well Done!;)
Just being facetious
Wish it were true though!

Sorry for posting here as I may or may not be particularly welcome but for some rather odd reason the AFL has decided they want Josh Dunkley training at the Hawks for some reason

If you guys could have him spend a lot of time around Sam Mitchell it would be really appreciated :)

Apparently it's still up to the Player to nominate for Father/Son, so I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet sweet-cheeks!

Apparently it's still up to the Player to nominate for Father/Son, so I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet sweet-cheeks!

He is quite keen on playing for the Swans. He was in the rooms after the 2012 grand final apparently and he has a few photos of him standing next to Goodes on his twitter page I think so for now he wants to be a Swan. Just odd that he is training with the Hawks. Not the Hawks fault of course as you guys are just doing what the AFL have asked you to do.

Apparently it's still up to the Player to nominate for Father/Son, so I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet sweet-cheeks![/QUOTE
It would sit uneasy
He is quite keen on playing for the Swans. He was in the rooms after the 2012 grand final apparently and he has a few photos of him standing next to Goodes on his twitter page I think so for now he wants to be a Swan. Just odd that he is training with the Hawks. Not the Hawks fault of course as you guys are just doing what the AFL have asked you to do.

If this is true... It sits uneasy with me.

Was he in the Cola rooms this year?

To be honest I am not sure about that. It is possible he was in the rooms but given that we lost there was not nearly the media coverage in the Swans rooms at the end of the 2014 grand final as there was at the end of the 2012 grand final. Also might be the case he came into the rooms after the match in 2012 to celebrate with the team. There was no celebrating in 2014 so he probably simply went home (if he was there).

Doesn't concern me one little bit to have a likely future Swans player participate in a Hawks training session. After all we let their entire best 22 join in a Hawks training session about 3 months ago. Longmire has just recently said that they'll learn a lot from that experience of being witches hats (paraphrasing a little).

Doesn't concern me one little bit to have a likely future Swans player participate in a Hawks training session. After all we let their entire best 22 join in a Hawks training session about 3 months ago. Longmire has just recently said that they'll learn a lot from that experience of being witches hats (paraphrasing a little).
Don't forget we gave them 3 players as well...if it wasn't for a late Adam Goodes goal in the 2nd quarter no Sydney player would have scored a goal to the halfway point of that training run.

Maybe Dunkley is a dickhead, we all know how the Swans and particular supporters feel about a certain policy.

Mission accomplished???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... you'd think perhaps Spang is the most vulnerable with Frawley on board.
Spang will get a reprieve when Frawley gets a 4 week soft tissue from the increased HFC training loads. Just like when we broke down McEvoy, Lake, Hale, Gibson & Burgoyne early in their respective first seasons with us.

Spang will get a reprieve when Frawley gets a 4 week soft tissue from the increased HFC training loads. Just like when we broke down McEvoy, Lake, Hale, Gibson & Burgoyne early in their respective first seasons with us.

Don't really forsee a problem in the choices between all of Frawley/ Spangher & Lake for the key defensive posts....Lake will be lucky to play 15 Games & with Frawley getting the odd rest here & there to keep him refreshed, that leaves a good 15 games for Spangher!

We are in a nice position of having the extra year to develop both Heatherley & Brand as replacements down the track!....Win/Win!....By the time the Spangh reaches 30 they should both be well ready!

Interesting point, I wonder if it's the loads or just doing things differently.

One thing that does interest me is Frawley's Charles Atlas physique, which with the exception of Schoey(& I'm not sure how that has worked for him), is a bit out of kilter with how we condition our players. I wonder if they're happy for him to continue to be the big beast or whether they will try to encourage him of the benefits of stripping some of it off.

Where's Realhawk? What's weird is that Realhawk may well have been right re soft tissue injuries but it might be a case of no pain no gain - which is quite easy to say after two flags.

I think you will fined at the end of the year what $ydney already know and that is Dunkley is probably ranked only an outside chance to be in $ydneys top three choices. The $wans already have to bid on at least two $swans academy players, with Mills being touted up there with the likes of Heeney, so unless Dunkley jumps a lot in the pecking order this year the $wans will be bidding well over the odds to get Dunkley with other bids just about predetermined already.
Also goes to mention that if the $wans have a successful year this year that they will be picking up Mills with a pick outside the top ten for a player that will more than likely be rated inside the top ten by most. Ahh the free hits keep coming.

Hopefully he then follows in the path of Spangher, Simpkin, Ross, Gunston, Ceglar...

Hopefully he then follows in the path of Spangher, Simpkin, Ross, Gunston, Ceglar...
Good point.

May I counter that by putting Gunston, Ross and Ceglar aside as they came to us with an Andrew Russell training age of under 3 years, these guys are still green and being built up.

Of the senior recruits; Spangher, Simpkin, Frawley, McEvoy, Lake, Hale, Gibson & Burgoyne.
They all came to us with at least 6 years of training age at other clubs.
Of these guys Spangher (Syd, WCE) and Simpkin (Geel) both came from clubs with highly regarded high performance & fitness regimes.
Presumably meaning they were more prepared for the step-up to our system compared to the guys from StK, WB, Norf & Port.

Of our 8 senior recruits we have managed to break down 5 of them in their first seasons.
2 have played much less senior (intense) game time due to being in an out of the 22 as depth and also one of these guys is a professional sub.
1 has yet to play a senior game for us.

5 of 7 is a pattern not a coincidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back