Toast Travis Boak - Captain Courageous

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...luential-players/story-fndv8s6g-1227168637068
Port Adelaide skipper Travis Boak headlines SA football’s 10 most influential players
PORT Adelaide captain Travis Boak is the most influential player in South Australian football.

If I were selecting 10 players from Port Adelaide and Adelaide to form the backbone of the best AFL side from the two clubs for 2015 — like a schoolyard pick — Boak would be No. 1.
The 26-year-old midfielder is the complete package.
An all-Australian in the past two seasons — his first two as Power skipper — Boak is an elite midfield runner who not only wins in and outside ball but inspires his teammates with his courage and ability to stand up in the big moments.
More ..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...luential-players/story-fndv8s6g-1227168637068
upload_2014-12-28_20-57-30.png

Power captain Travis Boak splits Jared Polec and Ollie Wines.

Port Adelaide skipper Travis Boak headlines SA football’s 10 most influential players
PORT Adelaide captain Travis Boak is the most influential player in South Australian football.

If I were selecting 10 players from Port Adelaide and Adelaide to form the backbone of the best AFL side from the two clubs for 2015 — like a schoolyard pick — Boak would be No. 1.
The 26-year-old midfielder is the complete package.
An all-Australian in the past two seasons — his first two as Power skipper — Boak is an elite midfield runner who not only wins in and outside ball but inspires his teammates with his courage and ability to stand up in the big moments.
More ..
View attachment 100101

Power captain Travis Boak splits Jared Polec and Ollie Wines.
s**t list, no way is Walker 4

And on Dangerfield - "In full flight, no-one in SA football is better to watch".

While nobody can doubt Dangerfield's match winning abilities when in full flight there's plenty I'd rather watch. He's a see ball, get ball, smash through opponents type of player. For the ideal mix of power, grace and footballing nous it's hard to go past Hamish Hartlett when in full flight.

Talia is over rated. He's no better than 'Pate, and 'Pate rebounds better than he does. If umpires really start cracking down on scragging defenders he's in a bit of trouble. Hombsch will go past him within two years as well.
I just compared Talia & Hombsch stats on Footywire. Going by those stats he is already ahead of Talia. In two years time he will be a bloody good player for us. He will be 22 in march next year.

I just compared Talia & Hombsch stats on Footywire. Going by those stats he is already ahead of Talia. In two years time he will be a bloody good player for us. He will be 22 in march next year.

Talia can beat his man as well as any defender in the league, be he doesn't run off his man and create or help out his team mates the way Carlile and Hombsch can and do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talia can beat his man as well as any defender in the league, be he doesn't run off his man and create or help out his team mates the way Carlile and Hombsch can and do.
That's right. How many times have we seen Hombsch mark the ball forward or on the wing to repel an attack and then get back quickly. Sometimes I have had to rewind play just to see where he came from to get there lol
He even had a shot on goal Fremantle game...

Last edited:
Love how it goes Port-Crows-Port-Crows like as if their players are even close to ours. If I was doing it, it would look something like this:

1. Travis Boak
1. Robbie Gray
3. Patrick Dangerfield
4. Chad Wingard
5. Taylor Walker
6. Rory Sloane
7. Ollie Wines
8. Hamish Hartlett
9. Sam Jacobs
10. Justin Westhoff

Daniel Talia wouldn't even rate in the top 20.

Love how it goes Port-Crows-Port-Crows like as if their players are even close to ours. If I was doing it, it would look something like this:

1. Travis Boak
1. Robbie Gray
3. Patrick Dangerfield
4. Chad Wingard
5. Taylor Walker
6. Rory Sloane
7. Ollie Wines
8. Hamish Hartlett
9. Sam Jacobs
10. Justin Westhoff

Swap Wines and Sloane around and you pretty much have the same list as me.

Talia, lol.

1. Travis Boak
1. Robbie Gray
3. Patrick Dangerfield
4. Chad Wingard
5. Taylor Walker
6. Rory Sloane
7. Ollie Wines
8. Hamish Hartlett
9. Sam Jacobs
10. Justin Westhoff

Probably about right in terms of pure consistency and runs on the board, but Hammer's upside > Sloane's.

So much...questionable love for Trav here! ;P
Has Travis had a girlfriend since being drafted? I had a friend speculate about his sexuality just yesterday.
He's had a girlfriend for over 4 years now but it's been on and off for about 6 month now. They're back seeing each other but it's not "officially" on again, they're still working through things. The girl I'm talking about was the one that appeared with him in the Fertilizer about a year ago (for the ones who remember). I know because she is my mates niece. She is not into the football scene, that's why she has only gone to the Brownlow once with Travis, since then she's told him to take Paul Stewart haha.

He's had a girlfriend for over 4 years now but it's been on and off for about 6 month now. They're back seeing each other but it's not "officially" on again, they're still working through things. The girl I'm talking about was the one that appeared with him in the Fertilizer about a year ago (for the ones who remember). I know because she is my mates niece. She is not into the football scene, that's why she has only gone to the Brownlow once with Travis, since then she's told him to take Paul Stewart haha.
I would've thought even not being into footy she would be attracted to the glitz and glamour (dressing up, hobnobbing etc), guess not each to their own.

I'd swap Boak with Gray.

As much as I love Boaky, there are things we saw Robbie do week in week out this year, that nobody in this league should be able to do. The man is simply a freak- GAJ like.

Boak is there as the complete package - Player, captain, inspirational leader of men. He's clearly the most influential, important player right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back