Travis Cloke - Dog act or Brain Fart? How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

MildNecessaryCommabutterfly.gif
How the hell people think there's no secondary movement with his leg is beyond me. His whole leg jolts upwards with force and moves right in direction towards Smith's head as he comes forward. Absolutely hilarious reading some of these comments

Agreed. His knee extends out with force and his left leg separates out to connect with the face. All while falling back..it's an unnatural movement.

Nothing against Cloke but it's a dog act to nail someone in the face with cleats. A couple more inches to the side and he could have been concussed anyway.

Agreed. His knee extends out with force and his left leg separates out to connect with the face. All while falling back..it's an unnatural movement.

Nothing against Cloke but it's a dog act to nail someone in the face with cleats. A couple more inches to the side and he could have been concussed anyway.

He's quite clearly adjusting his body out of the way of White who is running into kick the ball off the ground. His eyes and head rolling towards the location of the ball as his legs moved away indicates he was aware White was closing in.

Have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's quite clearly adjusting his body out of the way of White who is running into kick the ball off the ground. His eyes and head rolling towards the location of the ball as his legs moved away indicates he was aware White was closing in.

Must have eyes in the back of his head to see White there... :rolleyes:

The best bullshit excuse I have read all thread. Might even fly! :D

Please, so many racists at the game last night booing Mitchell because he's white.

Shocking scenes.
Off subject, just why were they booing him? I asked my daughter (we sit in the aisle next to the cheer squad) and she has no idea either, what's he done to piss people off?

Off subject, just why were they booing him? I asked my daughter (we sit in the aisle next to the cheer squad) and she has no idea either, what's he done to piss people off?

Can only think that taunting Essendon with the jab was the reason.

Stupid if that's the case. Deserves a medal for that :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only think that taunting Essendon with the jab was the reason.

Stupid if that's the case. Deserves a medal for that :thumbsu:
Ha, honey, as a died in the wool Collingwood supporter, I'm telling you now, that ain't it!
I thought it was just the best! Except he apologised!

Ha, honey, as a died in the wool Collingwood supporter, I'm telling you now, that ain't it!
I thought it was just the best! Except he apologised!

Yeah it was a shame he apologised. Should have given them the middle finger instead.

Unless there's something I'm forgetting from previous games or something he did in the first 5 minutes that I missed that was the only explanation I could come up with.

Or ears and basic goal awareness.

Nothing in it (fine at most for big fella clumsiness) - if it were Roughead, something tells me you all would be singing a different tune.
And if it were you wouldn't be either?

Fact is that he is facing towards Smith and his leg clearly jolts out and his foot cops him right in the face. We can only speculate on his intentions but the action and consequence of said action are indisputable here.

Contact is high, impact isn't liable to be anything less than medium due to Smith being opened up and needing to leave the field for medical attention. I believe he also has a nice black shiner now too. Whether it's graded intentional or careless is likely the difference between 3 down to 2 or 2 down to 1.

Frankly I don't care if he gets off without even a fine for this. We've played and beaten the Pies without our best key forward in the side and unless we meet in finals won't play you again this year. Hawks have nothing to gain by seeing Cloke suspended where as Collingwood have a lot to lose. I'm simply offering my opinion on the matter as I saw it live and on replay and it involves a player from my team.

I don't usually see players land on their back... then naturally roll up on to their neck and kick their legs out as high as another human's face. I'd say it's more of a deliberate motion.

I don't usually see players land on their back... then naturally roll up on to their neck and kick their legs out as high as another human's face. I'd say it's more of a deliberate motion.
Nah, apparently Cloke's game sense and hearing is so good he could tell exactly where the ball was in relation to Jesse White running and knew the only way to make way for him to come in and kick the ball into goal was to throw that left leg out into the space that just so happened to be occupied by Isaac Smith's face.

Perhaps he was protecting himself from the standard hawthorn tactic of falling heavily on the player on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back