Tredrea All Australian selector

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Schulz has been leading the Coleman for a while now, you'd think he'd still make it even if he doesn't end up winning it. Buddy at CHF and Jay at FF.

Gray will be in a forward pocket, Boak should get there as well with a good end to the season.

Schulz will need to top 3 in the Coleman IMO and his opponents are coming fast.

If we snap out of our form slump he'll be in for sure.

Its easy for Tredders. Rule of thumb, no selecting a player who was omitted due to form through the season, or a player who has missed 5weeks of footy through injury/suspension (unless he is a freak)

Hombsch Jonas Impey
Broadbent Trengove Pittard
Kornes Hartlett Ebert
Gray Westhoff Wingard
Gunston Shulz Bruest

Lobbe Boak Wines

Ablett White Polec Franklin

Hinkley (Clarkson missed 5 games so can't be coach)

Easiest side to select for AA I would think.

You guys do realise that Tredders isn't going to be biased towards Port or any other team in particular, he's one of the fairest personalities in football media. Although I do agree that Schulz and Gray and definite AA's with Boak a slim chance. I don't think Bobby will get it though, even though he deserves it - shutdown roles aren't appreciated that much by most of the footy world, so hopefully a smart footballer like Tredders will help uncover a few hidden gems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys do realise that Tredders isn't going to be biased towards Port or any other team in particular, he's one of the fairest personalities in football media.

It's not necessary that he be biased, he just needs to remember that we actually exist.

You guys do realise that Tredders isn't going to be biased towards Port or any other team in particular, he's one of the fairest personalities in football media. Although I do agree that Schulz and Gray and definite AA's with Boak a slim chance.
Boaks a certainty to back up his first AA jumper from last year, some media people in Vic are even suggesting he could be the AA captain though that's probably unlikely given he plays for an interstate side.

A few Coleman medalists haven't made the AA side. Scotty Cummings definitely didn't. Reckon their are 3 or 4 others. need to look up my AFL Season Guide to confirm which players missed out.

1999 Scott Cummings wins Coleman - Matthew LLoyd picked at FF - doesn't make team
2005 Fraser Gehrig wins Coleman with for 2nd consecutive year - Barry Hall picked at FF - doesn't make team
2012 Jack Riewoldt wins Coleman - Tom Hawkins picked at FF - doesn't make team

2007 Jonathon Brown wins Coleman but is picked at CHF - Pav at FF
2013 Jarryd Roughead wins Coleman but is picked at FP - Cameron at FF

Through the last four weeks where we have struggled, boak and Gray are the only ones who have continued their good form. They will make the AA team, Boak as captain.

Schulzy will make it if he wins the ColemanColeman

Through the last four weeks where we have struggled, boak and Gray are the only ones who have continued their good form. They will make the AA team, Boak as captain.

Schulzy will make it if he wins the ColemanColeman
yep, agree.

Ebert was on track for the AA squad but he has dropped off, it is unbelievably hard to make it as a midfielder anyway.

If Lobbe finishes off well he may push for the squad.

Schulz shouldn't get a spot. He has been a shadow of the player he was in '12 and '13 IMO.

Gray yes. Carlile yes. Boak will need to finish the year without dropping off in output.
bit harsh and I'm not following you re Schulz.. in any case, the Coleman medallist always gets the AA nod.

I think Talia may be in front of Carlile unfortunately.

AA is for Boak's to lose I would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back