Ty Vickery & Ben Griffiths

Remove this Banner Ad

Brrrrt brrrt : "Hello Roosey speaking"
"What picks you got this year" :D
After Melbourne trade pick 3 and 13 for Hogan got back pick 20 from Gws when they refused to bidd on Viney which allowd Melbourne to get in 2 nd round.

Last edited:

If Collingwood had a quality second forward to Cloke (Not Jesse White), and Witts was being offloaded in a trade, I would bring Vickery in as that 3rd tall forward ruckman who kicks 25-30 goals in 25 games and averages about 10-15 hitouts a game.

But unless Reid is fit, or we recruit another player, I doubt we woukd have the luxury to play Vickery as our 3rd tall, and I believe being the second tall would be to much for him.

Vickery would demand a late first rounder based on other recent trades.

And Griffiths I'm not impressed with, would take a second rounder or package him in a deal somewhere, maybe lions.
Surely you're taking the piss, vickery is worth no way near a late first rounder. Griffith on the otherhand, could command an early second

So Jesse White would get a late first rounder ?

View attachment 156662

(Note This is the avg so games difference doesn't matter)
This.
Find it amazing the rumour is Collingwood are heavily into Vickery.

Why bother when they have White who statistically is very similar? No reason to pursue him.

If if this thread is right and Vickery would only command a late second rounder, why would we trade him?
He's contracted for another year.
Makes so sense.

I think he stated Vickery. Not just any forward/ruck, so you're the one making that statement..
I believe Vickery has more upside than White. A couple of years younger and improving. White has peaked. imo.

Depends on the suitor, but I reckon Vickery would warrant a higher pick than White. Some might disagree, that's their opinion. It's a bit meaningless what we think on here. But young, decent prospects with room for improvement will always find a home and clubs will pay according to demand and needs. And which club they deal with. I think Sydney were glad to have White off their books to free up some $'s with Franklin coming in, similar to Mumford moving.

Jesse White has peaked? When

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 25 to 40.

There was that game he carved up the Lions at the SCG. Kicked four goals, including at least one great side step of Patfull (IIRC). Horrible game to be at.

Surely during the warm up against Lions cardboard cut outs? If not its a one game peak

So when Dawes was traded for pick 20 he'd been an important contributor as back-up to Cloke in a premiership year and then as runners up the next year. Despite being ordinary in 2012 he played every single game. Vickery's older than Dawes was and was still dropped to the VFL this year. Yet Vickery's going for more than Dawes did (who was hugely overpriced)?

Vickery is s**t. I'd take Griffiths for our second though. Don't know why Richmond would want to get rid of him, he looks decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back