Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Apparently Freo are very interested in luring this talented medium sized forward back home, who is showing quite a lot of promise for Hawthorn this season after an injury riddled start to his career.

Dare say I would assume the Hawks are keen to keep him, but I do wonder if Hawthorn would consider offering him to West Coast as part of a package to try trade for Harley Reid.

But i firmly reckon he would be perfect for Freo and their list and age demographic.

Apparently Freo are very interested in luring this talented medium sized forward back home, who is showing quite a lot of promise for Hawthorn this season after an injury riddled start to his career.

Dare say I would assume the Hawks are keen to keep him, but I do wonder if Hawthorn would consider offering him to West Coast as part of a package to try trade for Harley Reid.

But i firmly reckon he would be perfect for Freo and their list and age demographic.
Eagles would want Hawks first plus future first plus Brockman in exchange for Reid.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Source?

I am aware of a few Big Footy Freo fans expressing interest, but I haven't heard anything from those in the know.

A few writers from AFL.com/Vic Media have been posting tidbits about Freo keen on Brockman for a few weeks now.

Eagles would want Hawks pick 1 plus future first plus Brockman in exchange for Reid.

That's what I am thinking. Depends on how much Hawthorn value/rate Reid.

I would do that deal myself.
Not going to argue the merits of talent of the trade, but I don't believe we're at the stage of our rebuild where we can offer multiple bites of the cherry for a single bite. Need to keep getting talent in and putting a heap of eggs into one basket is incredibly risky. Anyone is simply an ACL/headknock/injury/desire away from never reaching their heights.

Would personally love to keep Brocky as he's starting to show exciting traits at AFL level and with Luke in his twilight years, we don't have a surplus of exciting small forwards. Could understand if the pull of WA is strong, however.

A few writers from AFL.com/Vic Media have been posting tidbits about Freo keen on Brockman for a few weeks now.
Can you link us to one?

Brockman as steak-knives in a Harley Reid trade is just a deal proposed by Hawks supporters who've spent too much time watching the HR highlights video. He's clearly happy at the Hawks, which is no guarantee that he'll stay, but if he was really desperate to go home, last year was the perfect opportunity.

I can see Freo potentially offering more money and luring him home to play in a top 8 side, but I don't think simple go-home factor is going to get it done here. I'd ignore all rumours unless they come from people with good info from either of those clubs.

It's not just the go home factor, it's the "I am the only one with children in the side and it's twins and the security and family support in Perth will be much better"

But I'll reserve my thoughts on what I think of Brockman as a player and how he projects because I want him at Fremantle and if I talk up how I see his career looking it will be strange when I also suggest a token pick swap for him.

Hawthorn will need to put a long term deal on the table for him to have any value in a trade.

*en hell, getting sick of seeing/hearing about Harley Reid and how he's worth 3-5 first rounders.

On Tyler, would like him at WC and they were very keen on him in 2020. Whether he's keen on them, who knows. Hard one to value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just the go home factor, it's the "I am the only one with children in the side and it's twins and the security and family support in Perth will be much better"

But I'll reserve my thoughts on what I think of Brockman as a player and how he projects because I want him at Fremantle and if I talk up how I see his career looking it will be strange when I also suggest a token pick swap for him.

Hawthorn will need to put a long term deal on the table for him to have any value in a trade.
You mean the family living in Melbourne?

Didn’t you also say last year that Jack Bowes and pick 6 to hawthorn was a going to happen according to one of you "sources"?

Sam Mitchell and his wife spend a lot of time with Brocky and his family, because despite being the only player on the list with kids, Brocky has something in common with the coach being that they both have twins.

He's shown fantastic signs this season and I really hope he's loving life in Melbourne right now and chooses to sign on.

It's not like there'll be anyone with children in the side at freo next year either though.

Don’t think the contract will be a problem, I’m sure if he wanted it he’d get 3 years on pretty good money with us. If you’re offering more you can pay up. We know we’ve got an extremely good player on our hands.

*en hell, getting sick of seeing/hearing about Harley Reid and how he's worth 3-5 first rounders.

On Tyler, would like him at WC and they were very keen on him in 2020. Whether he's keen on them, who knows. Hard one to value
He is a hard one to value. Very young of AFL games still. Have the feeling his value will increase a lot from here until the end of the season..

Very close to shai Bolton , His mum also wants him to stay and make a go of it In Vic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back