Traded Dylan Stephens [Traded with #25 to North for #44 and F-EoF]

Remove this Banner Ad

It is Stevie J talking Dylan Stephens on MMM today. 1:11:50 in. Take that for what it's worth.

'He will be representing the Kangaroos in 2024'

I disagree if a team is willing to sacrifice performance and attendance money and success to try and build a long term team then I have no issue them being rewarded

Not many teams are willing these days to go through long term pain for long term gain

Many prefer quick fixes and middling out which we did in the past
I truly dont really know how to respond to this post, I must have typed out then deleted 5 replies to you.

To be clear, you are arguing because North have chosen to sacrifice being competitive, they deserve additional help from the AFL?

I truly dont really know how to respond to this post, I must have typed out then deleted 5 replies to you.

To be clear, you are arguing because North have chosen to sacrifice being competitive, they deserve additional help from the AFL?
I’m saying 11 wins in 4 years
A modern unprecedented low gets you at least a start of first round priority pick and then some

Engineered.

I’m saying 11 wins in 4 years
A modern unprecedented low gets you at least a start of first round priority pick and then some
That's a different proposition to what you said. In a discussion about AFL assistance, you have said North should be rewarded AFL assistance because they chose to be uncompetitive?

That's a different proposition to what you said. In a discussion about AFL assistance, you have said North should be rewarded AFL assistance because they chose to be uncompetitive?
True it’s 2 seperate things

So I’ll go back to the hypothetical if a team chooses to be s**t call it a form of tanking and choose sustained uncompetitiveness then yes I do believe they should be compensated after awhile

Not many teams will choose to be s**t for long even with that carrot after say 4 years

So I’ll go back to the hypothetical if a team chooses to be s**t call it a form of tanking and choose sustained uncompetitiveness then yes I do believe they should be compensated after awhile

Not many teams will choose to be s**t for long even with that carrot after say 4 years
The use of the words rewarded and compensated make it sound like you think what North have done the last few years is a good thing. I'll just say I strongly disagree with your position and move on

I certainly agree with you it is a form of tanking.

So what you're saying is that every other club should be penalised for being more competitive than North in the last few years 🤔

The use of the words rewarded and compensated make it sound like you think what North have done the last few years is a good thing. I'll just say I strongly disagree with your position and move on
We don't all agree. I think you should try to win every game you play regardless of anything as we did in round 23 beating the Suns and not getting pick 1

No, what he’s saying is that’s the rules.
Plenty of folk seem to think North are breaking the law or some such.

Had we kept those 10 or so and kept finishing mid table . It would have caught up eventually. As in about now.

Our issue was we were to honest, plenty know that and others don’t like acknowledging it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, what he’s saying is that’s the rules.
Plenty of folk seem to think North are breaking the law or some such.

Had we kept those 10 or so and kept finishing mid table . It would have caught up eventually. As in about now.

Our issue was we were to honest, plenty know that and others don’t like acknowledging it.
What is the rules?

What is the rules?

Successive s**t years and you can be awarded PP's. If you ask of course, which is what we've done.

Had Brad Scott been smarter, he could have sorted it last yr, with and end of first this year. But as Essendon fans will soon realise he aint nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

Successive s**t years and you can be awarded PP's. If you ask of course, which is what we've done.

Had Brad Scott been smarter, he could have sorted it last yr, with and end of first this year. But as Essendon fans will soon realise he aint nearly as clever as he thinks he is.
You sure are allowed to ask for assistance, no one (with a brain) will debate that but that is not the same thing as being discussed here. Very very happy to move on because I’m going to have move a bunch of posts shortly

and in either one of those two years he has won more games than anyone else on your list.

To reward failure and punish success is a downward spiral.. I reckon north should cough up one of its picks given as part of the assistance the afl gives. Getting a future end of 1st round pick is unfair to the rest of the comp, but a fair trade for Stephens
I dont know how its relevant about him winning more games. Not really an argument. Talking about a clubs success doesn't change that value.

Any chance of a discussion about Dyl?
Hasn't consistently shown he deserves a spot in the best 22. You could say he's had very little consistency of selection which is fair but he also hasn't really stepped up and made himself undroppable. North don't have a great selection of picks in his range so I would be hoping for a pick upgrade or a future pick. It would be nice to try and get their pick 14

Any chance of a discussion about Dyl?
Hasn't consistently shown he deserves a spot in the best 22. You could say he's had very little consistency of selection which is fair but he also hasn't really stepped up and made himself undroppable. North don't have a great selection of picks in his range so I would be hoping for a pick upgrade or a future pick. It would be nice to try and get their pick 14
Whenever he's had a run of games, hes shown improvement game by game, so may just need a better run of games which he'll get at North. A good player with elite running ability (both top end speed and endurance), as he develops more strength, he'll become more damaging. A former p5 and a very good person.
A good pick up for North. He won't let them down and may well play the next 200 games.
Unfortunately for Stephens, he was stuck behind McInerney, Gulden and Campbell.
Swans would prefer to keep him and have had a contract in front of him all year. I reckon the'll be wanting something decent in return. p14 - maybe an upgrade from the Swans p30. I heard a rumour that North may get a future end of 1st round compensation pick, which seems like a fair trade
I dont recall North using the PSD over the previous few years, hopefully Clarko doesn't change that

Whenever he's had a run of games, hes shown improvement game by game, so may just need a better run of games which he'll get at North. A good player with elite running ability (both top end speed and endurance), as he develops more strength, he'll become more damaging. A former p5 and a very good person.
A good pick up for North. He won't let them down and may well play the next 200 games.
Unfortunately for Stephens, he was stuck behind McInerney, Gulden and Campbell.
Swans would prefer to keep him and have had a contract in front of him all year. I reckon the'll be wanting something decent in return. p14 - maybe an upgrade from the Swans p30. I heard a rumour that North may get a future end of 1st round compensation pick, which seems like a fair trade
I dont recall North using the PSD over the previous few years, hopefully Clarko doesn't change that
I'd love 30 to 14 or a future end of 1st but on exposed form that just seems like a really high price for a team who could easily use the PSD. Granted very few teams actually do use it but the threat of it definitely weakens the swans position. (See Jordan Dawson)

I would think a future 2nd with a 4th going back might be more realistic. I don't see the swans using many picks this season at the draft so if there was a way to consolidate picks and move up the draft order I'm sure that would be of interest.

I'd love 30 to 14 or a future end of 1st but on exposed form that just seems like a really high price for a team who could easily use the PSD. Granted very few teams actually do use it but the threat of it definitely weakens the swans position. (See Jordan Dawson)

I would think a future 2nd with a 4th going back might be more realistic. I don't see the swans using many picks this season at the draft so if there was a way to consolidate picks and move up the draft order I'm sure that would be of interest.
We won't use the PSD, but we won't use a first rounder either. Assistance might change things, but it will likely be either a straight swap for 39 or our F2 with something coming back.

Future 2nd is approx Pick 20. For a player that isn't best 22, has played a handful of good games and is far from a certainty of becoming a consistent AFL level footballer.

Whilst I appreciate he was a former early pick & I don't see North burning bridges by not picking up the phone and walking him to the PSD. It doesn't really make sense for a club that is in as dire position as North is, requesting draft assistance from the AFL, to offer up something like Pick 20 for Dylan Stephens, despite having all leverage.

If North were to do that, they may as well pack up shop, because there's no way they're getting off the bottom of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back