Traded Dylan Stephens [Traded with #25 to North for #44 and F-EoF]

Remove this Banner Ad

It is Stevie J talking Dylan Stephens on MMM today. 1:11:50 in. Take that for what it's worth.

'He will be representing the Kangaroos in 2024'

Seems like Billy Hartung all over again. Minus the fwit dad.

Seems like Billy Hartung all over again. Minus the fwit dad.

wash your mouth out. Admittedly Billy was more anchovy sized than a big fish. Nonetheless Hartung remains a famous fish trawled by nmfc over the years.

wash your mouth out. Admittedly Billy was more anchovy sized than a big fish. Nonetheless Hartung remains a famous fish trawled by nmfc over the years.

His dad reckons he's Moby Dick.

McKay might nominate Sydney on 700k because he wants to play finals which would only be band 2. North negotiate by offering Stephens for pick 16 getting Sydney to add more cash to get band one. Sure other clubs might offer McKay more cash but I think Sydney may not. Its just an idea.
The AFL will not allow it.

St kilda and Adelaide attempted something similar with Dunstan and Crouch. Was banned. AFL appears to be getting more vigilant about manipulation.

Be part of the Mackay deal when North match the bid because Sydney don't offer him enough for band 1 .

Mackay + 39 for 11 + Stephens

Last edited by a moderator:
Be part of the Mackay deal when norf match the bid because Sydney don't offer him enough for band 1 .

Mackay + 39 for 11 + Stephens

More likely to be part of the Grundy deal with Mackay not on our hit list anymore, I think there will be 2nd/3rd round picks needed for the Grundy trade if we are taking on the Dees salary share.

I wouldn’t rule us out trading for future picks either, as there are a couple of academy boys coming through next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5th year coming up. Most games played in a season 15 in his 3rd year and 13 in his 4th. Depth player at best.
Reference point Acres got a 3rd round pick- older but more important to team at time
Bedford got a 4th round- relatively comparable in recent season

5th year coming up. Most games played in a season 15 in his 3rd year and 13 in his 4th. Depth player at best.
Reference point Acres got a 3rd round pick- older but more important to team at time
and in either one of those two years hes won more games than anyone else on your list.

To reward failure and punish success is a downward spiral.. I reckon north should cough up one of its picks given as part of the assistance the afl gives. Getting a future end of 1st round pick is unfair to the rest of the comp, but a fair trade for Stephens

On that basis McKay is worth a half eaten pastie

and in either one of those two years hes won more games than anyone else on your list.

To reward failure and punish success is a downward spiral.. I reckon north should cough up one of its picks given as part of the assistance the afl gives. Getting a future end of 1st round pick is unfair to the rest of the comp, but a fair trade for Stephens
Failure is rewarded every year . The bottom team getting pick 1 the top team getting pick 18 So success is also punished evey year if we want to get technical.

If your plan is to bottom out you shouldn't be rewarded
Priority picks I'm referring to
I disagree if a team is willing to sacrifice performance and attendance money and success to try and build a long term team then I have no issue them being rewarded

Not many teams are willing these days to go through long term pain for long term gain

Many prefer quick fixes and middling out which we did in the past

If our plan was to bottom out we would not have won our last game. Can't wait to clean up in this draft Bright future ahead that's why so many are so concerned about the picks we are getting See you all late in September in a year or two.
Didn't you finish bottom the 2 previous years

If our plan was to bottom out we would not have won our last game. Can't wait to clean up in this draft Bright future ahead that's why so many are so concerned about the picks we are getting See you all late in September in a year or two.

If they extend the regular season a few weeks sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back