Player Watch Tyler Brown - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for a dedicated thread to discuss Tyler Brown

Joins us in the SSP having previously played at Collingwood

Highlights include (from the article): "brings experience from five years in the AFL system" and "comes from a very good football family"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, it's "a good football family" - which is hard to argue, given that his old man played 250+ games, and is a premiership player for Collingwood.
And a two time All Australian, Collingwood Captain and always starred in State of Origin games against us.

"Good football family". So they could all be a bunch of tosspots, but they're all good at football.
I think many here would prefer it that way...

Personally, I think the whole "good family" thing is relevant for the draft - not so much for a player who has already been in the system for 5 years.

Good luck to him, not the player I would of gone for but hope he proves me wrong.
Who would you have gone for?

I'd have given an 18 year old a crack personally.

Probably running back/winger Jonti Schuback who has top end speed, agility and a laser boot.

SA lads Shaun Bennier and Brodie Tuck as KPD development might have been worth a shot as would 20 year old athletic ruck/forward Toby Murray.

Obviously our recruiting team rate Tyler Brown to sign him up this early though so you would think we've been tracking him closely in the AFl/VFL?

Of course maybe there was another suitor as it seems hasty to sign him so early?

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of faith in midfielders who couldn't find the ball consistently after 5 years in an AFL system
Tyler Brown is a long shot .....disappointed after 5 years, his body is still undeveloped ....what does that tell us

Probably running back/winger Jonti Schuback who has top end speed, agility and a laser boot.

SA lads Shaun Bennier and Brodie Tuck as KPD development might have been worth a shot as would 20 year old athletic ruck/forward Toby Murray.

Obviously our recruiting team rate Tyler Brown to sign him up this early though so you would think we've been tracking him closely in the AFl/VFL?

Of course maybe there was another suitor as it seems hasty to sign him so early?

That’s the surprise. Has barely been at the club 5 minutes and we have locked him in. Must have been tracking him for a while and liked him given he doesn’t appear to be a standout need for us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or we made another poor decision ;)

You seem to be disagreeing with a few selections lately 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back