Player Watch Mark Keane - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the AFC Mark Keane. 194cm and 96kg Irish ex Collingwood defender, who have kindly developed him for us. Will turn 23 in March. Has been described by those with expertise as having 'outstanding game sense, kicking and contested marking'. I like this signing and believe, form what I have read, that Mark has considerable upside. Read about some earlier observations and assessment here: Euro Combine: Irish talls impress, new 20m record

Well done to the club in getting this lad, he sounds an exciting prospect.
I hope he settles in easily in Adelaide as I reckon he should be able to see some opportunities at our club to play AFL

Welcome to the AFC Mark Keane. 194cm and 96kg Irish ex Collingwood defender, who have kindly developed him for us. Will turn 23 in March. Has been described by those with expertise as having 'outstanding game sense, kicking and contested marking'. I like this signing and believe, form what I have read, that Mark has considerable upside. Read about some earlier observations and assessment here: Euro Combine: Irish talls impress, new 20m record
He might be putting some pressure on Murray for his spot if he has game sense and kicking skills

I wonder if our two Irish girls (now one) in the AFLW we're in his ears selling the club. Looks promising and was cheap!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frampton for sure, but don’t think we picked up Keane just for 2023 but to see if he has potential for an Afl career
Reading the Irish press revealed two key points for me
Firstly, the guy is a natural athlete with an excellent all around build who is highly competent in at least three codes (AFL, Irish football and hurling).
Secondly, he left Collingwood with a year left on his contract citing home sickness (COVID lockdowns in Melbourne had an influence) and a desire to play the Irish sports again.

Watching some clips of him, he is genuinely explosive in speed and power. He looked to my eye to have potential beyond just a KPD. But I'm judging that on half a dozen highlight clips.

Overall, a gun for hire type who might become heart and soul in time. Likely to be a quicker and more agile version of Nick Murray.

I love he's been in the system for three years at Collingwood and is physically "ready".

So an Irish lad eh.. One who’s played and excelled at those fxxkn crazy irish sports hurling and gaelic footy so 1) you know he’s a hard nut, 2) you know he probably loves a fight, 3) you know he wont take a backward step 4) you know he’s more than likely half mad..

He and Murray should get along..

So an Irish lad eh.. One who’s played and excelled at those fxxkn crazy irish sports hurling and gaelic footy so 1) you know he’s a hard nut, 2) you know he probably loves a fight, 3) you know he wont take a backward step 4) you know he’s more than likely half mad..

He and Murray should get along..

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s from Cork, “Culchie “( so expect him to drive a tractor to training) came over for a combine ( which given he was from Cork, he probably thought was something tractor related)with some other lads, he was picked, kicks off either foot, loves a fight both on or off the field and doesn’t like any snitches…so I expect the guy who dobbed on him at the hurling copped a shillelagh up the back door post match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back