Player Watch Tyler Brown - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Skewed a little bit by Medisub games?
Possibly, but even when he played full games, he didn't find much of the ball.

However, was playing more outside, whereas we plan on using him more on the inside.

I think its Brown, Magden and Keane to lure Buckley to replace Nicks.
Haha, all you need for Buckley is to double Nick's wage.

Why would you want Buckley anyway? He has never had any team career success.

What about Fagan? Do you think he would be a good option?

I think its Brown, Magden and Keane to lure Buckley to replace Nicks.

We would we want Buckley?

His game plan sucked, slow ball movement, too defense focused and low risk taking

Collingwood did a massive bounce last year purely on improved and better coaching

Not to mention, no way is Buckley leaving Victoria to move to Adelaide

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His game plan sucked, slow ball movement, too defense focused and low risk taking

Collingwood did a massive bounce last year purely on improved and better coaching

Buckley an impressive media performer so has a comfy gig for eternity I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley an impressive media performer so has a comfy gig for eternity I think.
Agree - he's a far better media performer than a coach.

Agree - he's a far better media performer than a coach.
Bees dick from a flag, other finals appearances. Suffered what most coaches do when they are there too long.

A couple of years in the media to observe and come up with fresh ideas.

I’d prefer him to Nicks. At least listening to him wouldn’t be as painful

Bees dick from a flag, other finals appearances. Suffered what most coaches do when they are there too long.

A couple of years in the media to observe and come up with fresh ideas.

I’d prefer him to Nicks. At least listening to him wouldn’t be as painful
He was given a premiership list though... & one of the best resourced clubs.

I think we can do better for a coach.

Last edited:
He was given a premiership list though... & one of the bear resourced clubs.

And made a prelim in 2012 and then finals.

It was 2018 when he made the GF and again prelim in 2019.

Sure there might be better coaches but none out there with experience. A newbie could be a gun but you’ve got to find them.

I wouldn’t be upset if we replaced Nicks with Bucks. Would give our club a high profile too with interstate interest in our results.

Is it too much to suggest getting Brown and Madgen was merely a complicated way to get Keene to sign?

To me, Keene is the only true prospect here.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Q: How did the opportunity come about to join the Club?

I just had a few chats with people back home, including Marty Clarke (Irishman who played for Collingwood), then with a spot opening up at the Crows, the opportunity just came from there.

I also knew Tyler Brown and a few of the other boys at the Crows - Izak Rankine, Chayce Jones, Jackson Hately and Ned McHenry - from the AIS Camp that we went to in 2018.

Q: How did the opportunity come about to join the Club?

I just had a few chats with people back home, including Marty Clarke (Irishman who played for Collingwood), then with a spot opening up at the Crows, the opportunity just came from there.

I also knew Tyler Brown and a few of the other boys at the Crows - Izak Rankine, Chayce Jones, Jackson Hately and Ned McHenry - from the AIS Camp that we went to in 2018.
So yes, I guess?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was given a premiership list though... & one of the best resourced clubs.

He was. But it was Mick Malthouse team. Tough (and wrong) situation for him to be thrown into.

I was more impressed with his 2018/2019 seasons when the team was his after 4 years out of the finals.

Disagree. In 2018 - Pies were the 3rd highest scoring team and in 2019 they were 7th. Sure he was strong defensively, but I don't think thats a bad thing.

You sure it was that?

When Bucks got sacked - they were 4-9 in 2021 with a 1-4 record in games being decided by 12 points or less.

In 2022 - the Pies were an incredible 11-1 in games decided by 12 points or less.

That ain't coaching - thats an incredible good run of luck (which coincidently ran out in the finals when they lost two finals by a combined 7 points.

Lets see what happens this season before we claim its better coaching. Collingwood might have their own little Sando spike - who knows.

I thought he was a good coach. Seems very intelligent. I think he would have learnt a hell of a lot from his almost 10 years as a head coach at Collingwood. I think the players love him, he is fantastic within the media, great for the club image and sponsorships.

I debate that he hasn't had any career success - Was 90 seconds away from a grand final win and 30 seconds from back to back grand final appearances. Made the finals 5 times out of 10 seasons.

Would be interesting to see how he would approach our list as well. Completely different side than what he was used to at Collingwood. We are looking to have a very very talented forward line and an average midfield group, which was the complete opposite of what he had at Collingwood.

Depends on the racism baggage TBH.

I think he has done really well. Took over a side that finished 15th, 17th, 17th in the three years preceding him. Had two years at the bottom then finished the next four seasons with 15+ wins (I know he won 14 in 2020, but in my mind 14 wins from 17 games is equal to a 15 win 22 game season).

The question surrounding him is how his team performs in finals.

He has played 9 finals. Lost 6 and won 3 with 4 of those losses coming by 30+ points.

Its a massive massive season for Fagan. It has to be Grand Final or bust IMO. With the list he has and now they have added Gunston, Dunkley & Ashcroft its all or nothing.

No. He wasn’t great as a CEO either. 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back