Player Watch Tyler Brown - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this lad off half back the key to releasing Dawson?
No, we have plenty of defensive options to release Dawson.

The plans for Brown are as an inside midfielder.

Probably not. This one seems more along the lines of us throwing another dart at a bigger mid then any geniune, long term, plan.

Hamill or Milera might be the great hope for releasing Dawson into a luxury position. That said, I can't say I feel all that confident on anyone competing for a HBF spot at the moment. Outside of Parnell, but he's locked down a back pocket role.

He's not playing before Schoenberg or Pedlar in the midfield at this point given Pedlar is training with the forwards. Hately would need to lift his game if he wants to play AFL on a regular basis.

Not that Hateley has a spot but they are the two competitions for a role. The others are all different and better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know much about him but from those highlights it at least looks like he's a 2 way runner, can kick and looks composed. That's an advantage over a lot of our mids.

Hasn't cost us anything so is basically a free hit that has addressed one of our issues. Still leaves me scratching my head regarding our KPD though.

Don't know much about him but from those highlights it at least looks like he's a 2 way runner, can kick and looks composed. That's an advantage over a lot of our mids.

Hasn't cost us anything so is basically a free hit that has addressed one of our issues. Still leaves me scratching my head regarding our KPD though.
The KPD area is something I wouldn't be surprised if we wait until the MSD for. Give Butts, Murray, Worrell, Doedee, Borlase etc the opportunities as tall defenders and then work out if it is still an area we want more depth in.

Who let the Daws out... who, who? 🎶🎵🎶🎶

joey-goes-out-gif.406267

Jeez you can see why we would've liked him from those highlights. Works hard, chases and tackles with intent. Nicks loves that. Seems acceptably quick and has a good leap. Seems adept up forward too, we seem to be into mids that can do both. Good kick.

Hopefully he also has a good tank.

I think we recruited him as he covers a few bases. At minimum he's been in the system a while and so doesn't take us backwards on our already young/inexperienced/not many pre-seasons group. He should be able to provide cover in SANFL and AFL and not make us worse. Replaces Seed about as cheap as we can do it.

On the upside, might be the big mid we're looking for, that might be a strength of his that he never got to showcase at the Pies. Sounds like he's been held back for various reasons at the Pies. I also think McCrae is very much fit in or goodbye and doesn't have much tolerance for people not fitting in, as in not coaching around that in the moment (mummying them if you like) nor for keeping them on the list. Hope that lack of patience and tolerance might be gold for us, it won't be the first son of a pies great we've got a lot out of after Collingwood rejected them.

I said the same about Keays when we selected him :)
What about Gibson and Crocker?

Look I hope I’m wrong and he’s developed an ability to win the ball and has a great career for us.

Interestingly we told him we might pick him up as a rookie but didn’t, we also told Turner the same thing so we must have planned on 2 further list changes which didn’t eventuate, I’d say McAsey and Crouch not finding homes screwed us.

We obviously preferred Dowling and Bond to Brown, whilst a couple of years away for them, is the intention Brown plays midfield before:

Laird, Keays, Schoenberg, Soligo, Sloane, Pedlar, Taylor, Rachelle, Rankine, Dowling and Bond? Or is he just depth?

What about Gibson and Crocker?

Look I hope I’m wrong and he’s developed an ability to win the ball and has a great career for us.

Interestingly we told him we might pick him up as a rookie but didn’t, we also told Turner the same thing so we must have planned on 2 further list changes which didn’t eventuate, I’d say McAsey and Crouch not finding homes screwed us.

We obviously preferred Dowling and Bond to Brown, whilst a couple of years away for them, is the intention Brown plays midfield before:

Laird, Keays, Schoenberg, Soligo, Sloane, Pedlar, Taylor, Rachelle, Rankine, Dowling and Bond? Or is he just depth?

At this point Brown is probably is just depth with a low % of being something more.

Still, it's a long season and if he gets hot in the SANFL, you'd imagine opportunities would open themselves up pretty quickly. After all, Brown does offer a point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back