Tyson Edwards Brownlow plunge

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this have anything to do with the publicity he received on Footy Classified last night?

They highlighted his incredible odds of 500-1 on the program and spoke at length about him being a possible Brownlow chance.

They had a thing on Footy Classified about him last night being $501 for the Brownlow, that would've done it.

Does this have anything to do with the publicity he received on Footy Classified last night?

They highlighted his incredible odds of 500-1 on the program and spoke at length about him being a possible Brownlow chance.

Could have hit the nail on the head there, nothing like a bit of publicity to get the dollars flowing. Personally i think anyone backing him is throwing there money away.

Gary Lyon mentions him as a Brownlow smokey and then people scurry off to bet on him.

Good to see we all think for ourselves.

Gary Lyon mentions him as a Brownlow smokey and then people scurry off to bet on him.

Outside the local TAB this afternoon -

sheep.jpg

When the footy classified thing went to air Edwards was 1001 to 1 on sportsbet within 30 mins he was 50 to 1. He is now 21 to 1. Not sure what Garry’s form is like but the punters seemed to like his recommendation.

wonder how many people got on him with the odds at $501 after it was mentioned on FC last night

Not many. A few from the Crows board had a look while the show was on, within 20 minutes he'd come right in, or betting was suspended on all the sites they checked.

Not likely to win it, but 2001, 1001 and 501 to 1 odds are far too silly not to put a tenner each way on him.

Outside the local TAB this afternoon -

sheep.jpg
Pretty much.

He's never gotten greater than 16 votes in the Brownlow, and while that may be an injustice in itself, and he is having a good year..... nope.

He'sstill only 3rd or so in our B&F and may get some ripped off him by Thompson, Porps, Vince and Tippett.

Would be a great fairytale, but nope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't agree more.

Nothing annoys me more then when this happens on the horse races:

Spend my time studying the form & coming up with a good priced roughie, only for one of the TV/Radio experts to spruik it.

Then watch in horror as the black sheep cause the odds to tumble.

Hence the experts 'value' pick is no longer value but the black sheep still think they're onto something.

For what it's worth, I've already mentioned on another thread that Edwards' stats reveal he has got next to no chance. I believe that Scott Thompson is the best value Adelaide player (currently 1000-1 with TAB Sportsbet).

isnt there an option on betfair (i think its that one) where say if you get on someone at $500 and they tighten to say $20, you can cash in and make some money.
I remember hearing something like that. Im not sure though, not really into online betting. Would rather go to a TAB.

also i dont think Edwards has a chance. If i was a betting man id put it on Thompson if i had to pick a Crows player, he usually polls pretty well and gets a lot of the ball.

he racks up the votes with ease every year
That's just the point - he doesn't.

With credit to Texas Ranger, in a thread on the Adelaide board:

2008: 10 votes
2007: 5 votes
2006: 12 votes
2005: 16 votes
2004: 6 votes
2003: 2 votes
2002: 10 votes
2001: 1 votes
2000: 4 votes
1999: 2 votes
1998: 0 votes
1997: 0 votes
1996: 0 votes
1995: 0 votes
Career = 68 votes

That's just the point - he doesn't.

With credit to Texas Ranger, in a thread on the Adelaide board:

2008: 10 votes
2007: 5 votes
2006: 12 votes
2005: 16 votes
2004: 6 votes
2003: 2 votes
2002: 10 votes
2001: 1 votes
2000: 4 votes
1999: 2 votes
1998: 0 votes
1997: 0 votes
1996: 0 votes
1995: 0 votes
Career = 68 votes

it shows the umpires dont like the way he plays the game. the year he got 16 votes. cuz won with 21

Worth a punt as he's had some standout games but if you were to put money on an Adelaide player I'd be Scotty Thompson. Umpires love this bloke and he's having a very consistent year. If his odds really were 501-1 at TAB that is an absolute steal.

Worth a punt as he's had some standout games but if you were to put money on an Adelaide player I'd be Scotty Thompson. Umpires love this bloke and he's having a very consistent year. If his odds really were 501-1 at TAB that is an absolute steal.

Thompson is out to $1001/$251

Remove this Banner Ad

Back