MMA-UFC UFC 213

Remove this Banner Ad

funny to see how far Robbie has came in 2 years, that fight where he broke his hand am fought on to win (just) has turned him into a warrior can't be broken..

be scared Bisping, you fluked a belt good luck to ya mate but you are a eye eyed boxer about to be reaped :D

Super performance today by Whittaker on 1 leg - even 2 rounds down at that point, about 4 minutes into the 3rd I think he had to be considered favourite. It's shocking how badly Romero gassed.

What a missed opportunity with the November card being in Sydney. Whittaker vs Bisping could've damn near topped the 193 event - especially if Cyborg were able to back up in time to fight Anderson.

I haven't even seen whether the Sydney event is a PPV or fight night, but if it's a PPV headlined by the undisputed middleweight match I think I'll probably have to go. (Which kind of sucks, cos I hate Sydney)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a performance that was. Unbelievable heart.

I actually scored the first and third for Rob but I was cheering and supporting more than I was scoring. Will have to watch it again.

Can't believe we have a world champ (interim schminterim). Huge for the sport in this country and huge for us fans.

Stoked!

Hope his knee isn't too bad. Didn't look like an ACL.. hope I'm right!

The anti-wrestling of Rob is insane. To be able to stuff the majority of an olympic silver medalist's take downs like that, and the few takedowns that Yoel did get weren't clean, he had to work insanely hard and grind one out. Take away his wrestling and all his striking capabilities go right out the window

So happy for Rob and his team
His wrestling defence is insane, especially for someone who comes from a country with zero wrestling tradition.

Lol at people saying Bisping disrespecting Robbie.

Showmanship at its best, you can tell Bisping respects Whittaker but wants to build the fight up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lol at this

I think Whittaker should take the piss and just compliment the s**t out of Bisping throughout the whole lead up and promo to their fight

Bisping wants to play the bad guy. But Robbie wontlet him.

Best they can play is an england v australia fight in Melbourne

Tbf would be huge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His wrestling defence is insane, especially for someone who comes from a country with zero wrestling tradition.
Before this fight he had the seventh highest takedown defense IN UFC HISTORY and the highest striking rate in Middleweight history.. His takedown defense % may have gone down a bit today but he just fought the most credentialed wrestler in UFC and possibly MMA history and more than held his own. He even got a takedown of his own :p. The guy is an absolute beast! :fire:

Australian cities line up to host Robert Whittaker against Michael Bisping
  • by NICK WALSHAW IN LAS VEGAS
  • Source: The Daily Telegraph
ROBERT Whittaker could fight for the UFC middleweight title in front of more than 50,000 screaming Australians — the same scenario that saw Brisbane boxer Jeff Horn upset megastar Manny Pacquiao.
Speaking in Las Vegas overnight, UFC officials revealed they are considering a range of options for what now shapes as an Ashes blockbuster between Whittaker, the new interim titleholder, and regular champ, outspoken Englishmen Michael Bisping.

Apart from a hyped Australian showdown in the first quarter of 2018, other options include New York’s famed Madison Square Garden in November or a December blockbuster back here in the fight capital of the world.

PIC SPECIAL: HOW WHITTAKER BECAME A WORLD CHAMP

UFC Australia boss Joe Carr confirmed his organisation was already considering an Australian Pay-Per-View for early next year, with Perth and Melbourne the early contenders.

One-legged Whittaker limps to victory

“Having it in your own backyard would be great for me. Great for all my supporters.

“I’d love to bring the fight back home to Australia.”

Whittaker guaranteed himself a UFC title shot after earning the interim title strap in a UFC 213 main event upset over Cuban monster Yoel Romero.

Yet given the Sydneysider seriously injured his left knee in the first round, and Bisping is himself sidelined with injury, any potential fight date at this early stage remains clouded.

Quizzed on Bisping storming the Octagon after he claimed the UFC interim strap on Saturday night, Whittaker shrugged: “Michael Bisping is Michael Bisping.

“I respect him as the champion, I really do. Even though he’s injured and on the bench. That’s why there’s an interim champion.

“And we’re going to touch gloves now. It’s fate.

“And when we do, there is going to be no mercy.”
://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/australian-cities-line-up-to-host-robert-whittaker-against-michael-bisping/news-story/444ebe004f490aae9f8db27a194c46fa

Lol at this

I think Whittaker should take the piss and just compliment the s**t out of Bisping throughout the whole lead up and promo to their fight

Private video :(

The Bisping fight can be for the Ashes if there's still no new agreement for our criketers. :p

They said they'd have a numbered card next year in Perth once the cage ban is lifted..

.. Caa'rn! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back