Ultimate bragging rights.

Remove this Banner Ad

I made a little comment the other day about how Sydney have some pretty awesome bragging rights over the Hawks at the moment, in fact off the top of my head I couldn't think of another situation in which a team had more so. They appear set to waltz into another GF with their 2 best players being one of our club champions (who chose to walk out of our club to theirs in the height of his career), and the the grandson of the most important person in our clubs history. Then of course there is the 2012 grand final. To be honest, unless either one of the Buddy move backfires, or we beat Sydney in a decider, there is not much I can say. I know other clubs have pinched players to help them win grand finals, and I know there have been some pretty big streaks out there, but this is as good a bragging right as I have known.

First of all no team has any bragging rights unless they win a flag...to me Geelong have some bragging rights over Hawthorn, but not ultimate bragging rights until we beat them in a GF again. The Hawks have the score on the board over a long period of time. I would swap every single H&A win against the Hawks since 2009 for the 2008 flag! Ross Lyon has no bragging rights against anybody, it's all about winning flags and that's what gives you any sort of bragging right at all. Freo fans for example have bupkiss to brag about until they win a Premiership, until then they only have the 'Derby' to brag about. Ask a Saints fan if they can brag about anything in recent years? Their answer will be an emphatic No!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back