Competitions Ultimate Footy 2015 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No you can only select people that were on your list from the end of last year.

Yeah I know it is unfair to spring it on people. More than happy for you select a dud as one of your keepers however and then pick him up for Ablett once the draft is complete. He would be off limits if we were to role with a keeper league.

But this all part of why its up for discussion.
League managers can use the Pre-Season Draft > Allocate Keepers tool to add keeper players to teams prior to the draft.

This is what I is given to me when I access the keeper section.

Can switch team and each keeper you have elected also has a green tick next to it similar to my screen.

asd.jpg

Okay so just to clarify, is everyone okay with moving into a continued keeper league? Or do we still want to vote on going into a fresh one with this new group of 10 that hopefully stays this way?

Or do you still want to vote for no/continued KL/new KL ???

Okay so just to clarify, is everyone okay with moving into a continued keeper league? Or do we still want to vote on going into a fresh one with this new group of 10 that hopefully stays this way?

Or do you still want to vote for no/continued KL/new KL ???

We should just roll the KL. We've only got one new player yeah? As long as theyre happy to do it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh I'm cool with it, I understand I've come into an already existing league so gotta lump it! How many players are we keeping?

Common theme at the moment seems to be 5 or 6. Splitting hairs there really so it's not much of a difference. Again, will wait to see what other say first and you can adjust your selections according to the final verdict.

You have the likes of Cotchin, Martin, Lewis and Westhoff, you're looking just as well off as most on here anyway!

Righto folks, quick scan of this thread and signed up.

my views

- Change number of players starting on field: N
- Change number of reserve players: N
- Captains: Y
- Player positions open to change throughout season: Y - i love flexibility.. if you recall last year I went BOONTA and drafted every def/fwd tall I could find hoping for a monopoly :p
- Keeper League: Y - ONLY IF FROM NOW FORWARD. Can not seriously bring it in starting from last year when it wasn't discussed. Changes alot of what I would have done in the draft and certainly in trading throughout the year. I started with Beams as my top pick.. (low first round pick which sucks as well) and held him most hte year, but may have traded him out later? Can't remember. But the injury screwed me. I would look at drafting and trading different so I can't see how we could say keepers applied from last year.
- If Y also, how many keepers are to be selected? 5 sounds good. Again, only if starting from THIS year.

On keepers - if the overwhelming majority but me want to play keepers from last year -> and a model is agreed for folks who didn't play... I'll go with majority. But you've got alot of convincing to do given my low base...

my views

- Player positions open to change throughout season: Y - i love flexibility.. if you recall last year I went BOONTA and drafted every def/fwd tall I could find hoping for a monopoly :p
- Keeper League: Y - ONLY IF FROM NOW FORWARD. Can not seriously bring it in starting from last year when it wasn't discussed. Changes alot of what I would have done in the draft and certainly in trading throughout the year. I started with Beams as my top pick.. (low first round pick which sucks as well) and held him most hte year, but may have traded him out later? Can't remember. But the injury screwed me. I would look at drafting and trading different so I can't see how we could say keepers applied from last year.
- If Y also, how many keepers are to be selected? 5 sounds good. Again, only if starting from THIS year.

On keepers - if the overwhelming majority but me want to play keepers from last year -> and a model is agreed for folks who didn't play... I'll go with majority. But you've got alot of convincing to do given my low base...
Are you saying then, that you don't have 5 players on your list you'd be happy to keep on this year? What about 3?

my views

If we were to go with 5, who would be your elected keepers from last years team?

Did you miss the bit where I wasn't interested in keeping them from last year? :p

I understand your point completely, I'm just asking as like you said if there's an overruling majority. I'm wanting to make things as fair as possible so was just enquiring as to who you could be looking to keep. It's only 5 players at the end of the day, and beams can can very easily be re-assigned to you if that's the main issue...

If we do start fresh however with a whole new keeper league, Id probably be wanted to up the number from 5 to around 15 or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back