Preview Unofficial Preview - Dees v the Richmond "Tigers"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrades - for whatever el cheapo reason my previews of matches against the Tigers have attracted a degree of notoriety. I would like to think this is one of the fairer of my efforts in this domain - and all the more so as I have immense respect for the Richmond Football Club

Goaded by their own self-loathing, I suspect that some of our Richmond visitors will not be able to help themselves. The Moderators will allow banter - a key word - in this thread (alone). Unsubtle abuse will invoke holiday-time.

“Today,” I declared to my team, “is the most important day of our lives. Today – with apologies to the Carlton Cheats - we will broadcast to the world that the Richmond Football Club is the biggest piece of excrement in existence – and in doing so, we will exacerbate the self-loathing that lies at the heart of every single Richmond supporter!”

My team listened on via Skype.

“Biff, we’re ready to go here at the Happy Sausage Rainbow Hotel!” Raoul screeched in a high-pitched voice. Raoul bats for the ‘other side’ but we are a tolerant and inclusive club here at the Dees.

“That’s good to know mate, because our little friend is coming your way first. You know what to do. I want footage from each of you! You all know the sequence. Just make it happen!”

That said, I ended the session and dialled Dusty Martin’s mobile number. After a couple of rings, he answered in his usual catatonic fashion.

“Hellllllo! Grrrrrrr!.”

“Hi Dusty, it’s Brendon Gale here,” I said in my best impersonation ever. “You know, the President of the Mighty Tigers. Sorry if I have interrupted something, like your mum rubbing those fake tatts onto your neck with a twenty cent piece. What are you doing today pre-match?”

“Errrrrrr, not much. I was gonna play with my x-Box and help Lids dye his hair again. That guy is a real fashion icon! Grrrrr!”

“How fascinating. Now Dusty, we need you. Some of our sponsors have asked us to lend them a hand today. Are you up to it?”

“Yeah, sure Benny. What do I have to do? Grrrrr!”

“OK – that’s good to hear. Now get your arse down to the Happy Sausage Rainbow Hotel. The Richmond Football Club is at the forefront of the battle against prostate cancer.”

“Really? Grrrrr!”

“Dusty, billions of Australian guys die from it every year. One can never be too young to have a check up. Just go to there and asked for Raoul. We want you to publicise the cause! There’ll be some intrusive medical procedures involved but I am sure you can handle it. We’re gonna film it too. Once you’re finished there, gimme a ring and it’s onto the next sponsor!”

“Yeah, no worries Benny! I’ll speak to you afterwards – grrrr!”

I spent the next hour or so pacing around the office. I was finally put out of my misery when the mobile rang.

“Hi Benny. It’s Dusty here. I’m right to go. What’s next? Grrrr!”

“Hang on, how did you get on with the prostate check-up?”

“It’s was a bit funny. They tried this new technique on me where the quack had a hand on each of me shoulders as he checked out me prostate. I’m feeling OK but a bit gooey. Grrrrr!”

“Mate, you are a hero! OK, second up, I want you to drive over to Harvey Normans at Knifepoint Shopping Centre. You must have heard that moronic Richmond supporter on the radio – Mario from Doncaster - who is always microwaving his membership card. Well, the marketing department at Punt Road has developed a microwave-proof membership card. Ask for Nathan. He’ll give you an apron and what not – we’re gonna make a commercial to publicise its launch.”

“Yeah, no worries Benny. Sounds like fun – grrrrr!”

I spent the next hour staring at the clock. Sure enough, Dusty rang through on the mobile and reported success with the latest venture. A microwave, painted in yellow and black, had demonstrated the resilence of the new membership card over the old. It was time to move onto the third challenge.

“Dusty, as you yourself know, Richmond supporters love to spit – on you the players as you hobble up the race after a pounding; on each other and on themselves when their self-hatred goes off the Richter scale. We have to stop this practice. It is disgusting. Not even the pooches of the Port supporters exhibit this filthy behaviour. Now, it is a little known fact that there is a high calorific value to human spittle. We want to put the spittle of Richmond supporters to good use. We have developed a variant of the internal combustion engine that runs on spittle. I want you to head on down to Bartlett Motors and speak to my old friend Con. He’s got the prototype – the ‘Richo Rocket’ in the yard. Grab some chewy and work up some gorbies in your mouth – we’re gonna make an educational doco for the Richmond supporters with the aim of changing their behaviour. Here’s the schedule: we’re gonna film you doing all the bad things first – like imagining it is VFL Park back in 1991 and spitting on yourself – followed by the good things – like spitting into the petrol-tank. Reckon you can do it, Dusty? Cometh the hour, cometh the man?”

The star midfielder replied in the affirmative. That allowed me to weed the garden for the next hour or so. At that point I grabbed the mobile and rang Dusty.

“Mate, it’s Benny here. How did the doco get on?”

“No worries at all. I even had a drive of the Richo Rocket. It runs a bit rough but it’s a dream ride! Richmond supporters saving the planet - right on ! Grrrrr!”

“Dusty, you are a star,” I purred as the third video-file showed up in my Inbox. “The Richmond Football Club is proud of you. Now get to the ground and have a big one for the Mighty Tigers.”

“Grrrrr!”

The big match was upon us. Ever so deftly, my IT experts hacked into the MCG’s scoreboard and progressively played each of the three videos, accompanied by the livery and theme song of the mighty Richmond Football Club. What a larf it was. Goaded beyond endurance, the Richmond supporters turned on each like wild animals. Even the Richmond Grog Squad surpassed themselves in their bestial treatment of one another. Yes indeed: a streak of self-loathing lies at the heart of every Richmond supporter and it is a wonder to behold.

Dees by 95 points.

dustinmartin.jpg

Grrrrrr-eat work Biff!

Despite recent form, I'm feeling optimistic about this match. Dees by 2 goals.

haha Biff! Nicely played my friend!

I think as always it's gonna be a good game. I hope we win. I'd certainly like to see couchand moloney back (only moloney if he actually does something) along with tappy. Would also be nice if Sylvia could get up for this one too - unfortunately it won't happen.

Whatever the result - I think it'll be tight like a nuns....

Excellent as always Biff. This will, hopefully, be like 'moths to the flame' for Tiger fans.

No idea how to feel about this game. Can't get there as I'm watching my brother play local footy this week so I'll have to keep an eye on my phone. Won't be like last year when I had a Richmond fan call security on me at least...

Thanks again Biff! :D

Now let's see how this unfolds...

I must admitt Dusty doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed, however your inability Biff, to correctly note Benny Gales position at the club , suggests you might not be that far in front of him ? ;)
Much preferred when we could all have the Scully / Martin comparison , shame he turned his back on your clubs 150 year history for a club that was yet to play a game ? :thumbsdown:
Anyway good to see opposing club president Eddie McGuire doing his bit to ensure that the clubs future , after losing energy watch last week .

Good Luck
Tiges by 56 points

I must admitt Dusty doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed, however your inability Biff, to correctly note Benny Gales position at the club , suggests you might not be that far in front of him ? ;)
Much preferred when we could all have the Scully / Martin comparison , shame he turned his back on your clubs 150 year history for a club that was yet to play a game ? :thumbsdown:
Anyway good to see opposing club president Eddie McGuire doing his bit to ensure that the club doesn't fall over , after losing energy watch last week .

Good Luck
Tiges by 56 points

Or it suggests Dusty isn't sharp enough to realise the mistake? ;)
And no Scully / Dusty comparison really is a shame as Martin has totally been setting the world alight so far this year.
Don't need Eddie, we've proved that. :thumbsu:

Demons by 279 and a half points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent as always Biff. This will, hopefully, be like 'moths to the flame' for Tiger fans.

No idea how to feel about this game. Can't get there as I'm watching my brother play local footy this week so I'll have to keep an eye on my phone. Won't be like last year when I had a Richmond fan call security on me at least...

Well there goes 1/3000th of the Melbourne supporters who Melbourne would be counting on turning up, hope your not a member of the cheersquad , or they don't have a banner this week ?
Twitch Neeld and the players need all the regularly Melbourne supporters to turn up .

Well there goes 1/3000th of the Melbourne supporters who Melbourne would be counting on turning up, hope your not a member of the cheersquad , or they don't have a banner this week ?
Twitch Neeld and the players need all the regularly Melbourne supporters to turn up .

It's a real shame not many of us will be able to fit in the MCG since the Richmond fans will have most of the seats reserved for their microwaves.

Jeebus, that the best you have?

We did have a banner but some toothless Tiger supporters nicked it.

Sorry that some of us have family that aren't in jail that we can go and see on the weekends doing something other than stealing cars or sniffing paint cans.

Comrades - for whatever el cheapo reason my previews of matches against the Tigers have attracted a degree of notoriety. I would like to think this is one of the fairer of my efforts in this domain - and all the more so as I have immense respect for the Richmond Football Club

Goaded by their own self-loathing, I suspect that some of our Richmond visitors will not be able to help themselves. The Moderators will allow banter - a key word - in this thread (alone). Unsubtle abuse will invoke holiday-time.

“Today,” I declared to my team, “is the most important day of our lives. Today – with apologies to the Carlton Cheats - we will broadcast to the world that the Richmond Football Club is the biggest piece of excrement in existence – and in doing so, we will exacerbate the self-loathing that lies at the heart of every single Richmond supporter!”

My team listened on via Skype.

“Biff, we’re ready to go here at the Happy Sausage Rainbow Hotel!” Raoul screeched in a high-pitched voice. Raoul bats for the ‘other side’ but we are a tolerant and inclusive club here at the Dees.

“That’s good to know mate, because our little friend is coming your way first. You know what to do. I want footage from each of you! You all know the sequence. Just make it happen!”

That said, I ended the session and dialled Dusty Martin’s mobile number. After a couple of rings, he answered in his usual catatonic fashion.

“Hellllllo! Grrrrrrr!.”

“Hi Dusty, it’s Brendon Gale here,” I said in my best impersonation ever. “You know, the President of the Mighty Tigers. Sorry if I have interrupted something, like your mum rubbing those fake tatts onto your neck with a twenty cent piece. What are you doing today pre-match?”

“Errrrrrr, not much. I was gonna play with my x-Box and help Lids dye his hair again. That guy is a real fashion icon! Grrrrr!”

“How fascinating. Now Dusty, we need you. Some of our sponsors have asked us to lend them a hand today. Are you up to it?”

“Yeah, sure Benny. What do I have to do? Grrrrr!”

“OK – that’s good to hear. Now get your arse down to the Happy Sausage Rainbow Hotel. The Richmond Football Club is at the forefront of the battle against prostate cancer.”

“Really? Grrrrr!”

“Dusty, billions of Australian guys die from it every year. One can never be too young to have a check up. Just go to there and asked for Raoul. We want you to publicise the cause! There’ll be some intrusive medical procedures involved but I am sure you can handle it. We’re gonna film it too. Once you’re finished there, gimme a ring and it’s onto the next sponsor!”

“Yeah, no worries Benny! I’ll speak to you afterwards – grrrr!”

I spent the next hour or so pacing around the office. I was finally put out of my misery when the mobile rang.

“Hi Benny. It’s Dusty here. I’m right to go. What’s next? Grrrr!”

“Hang on, how did you get on with the prostate check-up?”

“It’s was a bit funny. They tried this new technique on me where the quack had a hand on each of me shoulders as he checked out me prostate. I’m feeling OK but a bit gooey. Grrrrr!”

“Mate, you are a hero! OK, second up, I want you to drive over to Harvey Normans at Knifepoint Shopping Centre. You must have heard that moronic Richmond supporter on the radio – Mario from Doncaster - who is always microwaving his membership card. Well, the marketing department at Punt Road has developed a microwave-proof membership card. Ask for Nathan. He’ll give you an apron and what not – we’re gonna make a commercial to publicise its launch.”

“Yeah, no worries Benny. Sounds like fun – grrrrr!”

I spent the next hour staring at the clock. Sure enough, Dusty rang through on the mobile and reported success with the latest venture. A microwave, painted in yellow and black, had demonstrated the resilence of the new membership card over the old. It was time to move onto the third challenge.

“Dusty, as you yourself know, Richmond supporters love to spit – on you the players as you hobble up the race after a pounding; on each other and on themselves when their self-hatred goes off the Richter scale. We have to stop this practice. It is disgusting. Not even the pooches of the Port supporters exhibit this filthy behaviour. Now, it is a little known fact that there is a high calorific value to human spittle. We want to put the spittle of Richmond supporters to good use. We have developed a variant of the internal combustion engine that runs on spittle. I want you to head on down to Bartlett Motors and speak to my old friend Con. He’s got the prototype – the ‘Richo Rocket’ in the yard. Grab some chewy and work up some gorbies in your mouth – we’re gonna make an educational doco for the Richmond supporters with the aim of changing their behaviour. Here’s the schedule: we’re gonna film you doing all the bad things first – like imagining it is VFL Park back in 1991 and spitting on yourself – followed by the good things – like spitting into the petrol-tank. Reckon you can do it, Dusty? Cometh the hour, cometh the man?”

The star midfielder replied in the affirmative. That allowed me to weed the garden for the next hour or so. At that point I grabbed the mobile and rang Dusty.

“Mate, it’s Benny here. How did the doco get on?”

“No worries at all. I even had a drive of the Richo Rocket. It runs a bit rough but it’s a dream ride! Richmond supporters saving the planet - right on ! Grrrrr!”

“Dusty, you are a star,” I purred as the third video-file showed up in my Inbox. “The Richmond Football Club is proud of you. Now get to the ground and have a big one for the Mighty Tigers.”

“Grrrrr!”

The big match was upon us. Ever so deftly, my IT experts hacked into the MCG’s scoreboard and progressively played each of the three videos, accompanied by the livery and theme song of the mighty Richmond Football Club. What a larf it was. Goaded beyond endurance, the Richmond supporters turned on each like wild animals. Even the Richmond Grog Squad surpassed themselves in their bestial treatment of one another. Yes indeed: a streak of self-loathing lies at the heart of every Richmond supporter and it is a wonder to behold.

Dees by -95 points.

Biff, another great start to a game day thread. Strange margin prediction though:confused:. Good luck Dee's. the best team will win i'm sure.

It's a real shame not many of us will be able to fit in the MCG since the Richmond fans will have most of the seats reserved for their microwaves.

Do they have to pay a premium or surcharge for the seat for their microwaves/electricity? Lets hope its a sunny day, by half time all the microwaves will drain the electricity from the light towers.

Jeebus, that the best you have?

We did have a banner but some toothless Tiger supporters nicked it.

Sorry that some of us have family that aren't in jail that we can go and see on the weekends doing something other than stealing cars or sniffing paint cans.

I'd suggest comments like that aren't in the best interest of gaining Eddie's charitable offer to assist your club ?:thumbsu:

I'd suggest comments like that aren't in the best interest of gaining Eddie's charitable offer to assist your club ?:thumbsu:

Collingwood fans aren't clever enough to find paint cans to sniff, so we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back