Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if you have come across something a bit amiss at least put it on the net for free anonymously, not auction it to the highest bidder.

I'd be stuffed. But people wouldn't be interested in seeing a photo/video of me pissing on a couch or dry rooting a dog because I'm not a public person. If you are for whatever reason, unfortunately you are exposed, and you get well compensated for the loss of privacy. If you don't want this you can always quit and get a normal job.
That's bullshit. Really, that's just a lame excuse used by people in the media and their consumers to justify their questionable behaviour.

Footballers are paid their worth according to the revenue which they help generate - a piece of the overall pie which is negotiated by their union and a salary which is negotiated between them and their club. That doesn't make them fair game to have their private lives splashed all over the media.

Public person, my arse. They're a public person for two hours on the weekend. That's as far as it should go. Why do people need to know about a footballer's private life? That's what the media is feeding on. Your voyeurism and your need for titillation and gossip.

The media doesn't make stars out of the footballers. That's a myth. Football fans make them stars. e.g. John Coleman was a star years before VFL games were televised and decades prior to a parasitic football media industry attaching itself to the AFL.

Same goes with all other celebrities - musicians. movie stars, etc. Unless they're a B-lister who goes out of their way to earn extra dollars through courting the media with public appearances, selling their wedding photos to New Idea, or whatever. Otherwise they're not beholden to the media for anything. They'd still sell movie tickets or concert tickets through normal advertising.

It's a media myth how they build these people up and therefore, they're fully entitled to take them down.

Last edited:
That's bullshit. Really, that's just a lame excuse used by people in the media and their consumers to justify their questionable behaviour.

Footballers are paid their worth according to the revenue which they help generate - a piece of the overall pie which is negotiated by their union and a salary which is negotiated between them and their club. That doesn't make them fair game to have their private lives splashed all over the media.

Public person, my arse. They're a public person for two hours on the weekend. That's as far as it should go. Why do people need to know about a footballer's private life? That's what the media is feeding on. Your voyeurism and your need for titillation and gossip.

The media doesn't make stars out of the footballers. That's a myth. Football fans make them stars. e.g. John Coleman was a star years before VFL games were televised and decades prior to a parasitic football media industry attaching itself to the AFL.

Same goes with all other celebrities - musicians. movie stars, etc. Unless they're a B-lister who goes out of their way to earn extra dollars through courting the media with public appearances, selling their wedding photos to New Idea, or whatever. Otherwise they're not beholden to the media for anything. They'd still sell movie tickets or concert tickets through normal advertising.

It's a media myth how they build these people up and therefore, they're fully entitled to take them down.

I agree with some things you have said. Though I would say that media exposure does effectively result in higher salaries for some athletes, and part of the trade off is media scruitiny outside of the 2 hours on a Saturday. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying this is how it seems to work.

Unfortunately we live in a time where the reality is we can have our lives exposed to all and sundry at any given moment. It may not be right, it may not be fair but that's life and we need to be more aware of that. It's not just high profile, it's two guys pretending to be aboriginals, chicks making a mess in toilets - it's amusing that we will stand and video something going on but won't step in and "help" or say something for fear of being hurt.

I find his behaviour disgusting but nothing that hasn't been seen or done before - it's just a shame before we post stuff that we don't look at the bigger picture and it's rippling affects rather than just the now.

If someone I knew pissed on their own body, and carried on like Pearce did they would absolutely cop it from everyone and they would be videoed for sure. Serves them right for being such a *******.

Incidents like the NRL dog scandal are exactly why Donald Trump is the front runner to win the Republic vote. People are sick to death of being bullied into towing the PC line to the extreme. This guy has had shreds ripped off him for being a bit obnoxious and for what? Does anyone seriously think his behavior will hurt his club or sponsors revenue stream? Of course it won't.

Incidents like the NRL dog scandal are exactly why Donald Trump is the front runner to win the Republic vote. People are sick to death of being bullied into towing the PC line to the extreme. This guy has had shreds ripped off him for being a bit obnoxious and for what? Does anyone seriously think his behavior will hurt his club or sponsors revenue stream? Of course it won't.

Uh not really.

Republicans are the golden child of melodramatic outrage.

You just need to look at the Republicans stance on Planned Parenthood.

Or Hilary Clinton on Benghazi and het emails.

The reason why Trump is leading is because a) he portrays himself as the alpha male of the Republican party by having strong and unapologetic stances b) he is not influenced by the establishment because he is funding his campaign with his own money.

Those are pretty much the main two. Doesn't help that a portion of America, if not the world, are deeply flawed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong should've been the capital of Victoria.In the mid 1800s Geelong was starting to get the jump on Melbourne.It had a better bay and all the wool was going through there.The Ballarat gold rush hit and the Melbourne establishment wanted that gold going via Melbourne.Two things happened,the Sleepy Hollow smear campaign was started and the sneaky campaigners put out a map showing Melbourne to be closer to Ballarat than Geelong.The gold flowed accordingly and the rest is history.

Very correct Quiv

It's a tactical battle between generals who control gladiators going to war against one another within a coliseum

Most people just don't get it like old m8 above
Just don't ask any of the gladiators to partake in more than half the battle. Or to fight for more than 5 seconds at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back