Review VB: Put a fork in him!

Put a fork in him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will he make it to 200 games? I say no, he's done and should retire at the end of the year. We've wasted a couple of years not getting games into our younger plays due to playing Wright, VB, it's pointless and does delay the development of better younger plays.

We should be saying - as a club, we will honor the final year of his contract but his place is now in the SANFL side. If you don't agree with that and wish to try and negotiate a trade done, we will not stand in your way and will grant him his wish.

He is too slow to play as an AFL midfielder now.

Contracted for next year? So he got a 3 year deal in 2013 after playing horrible?
Noble strike's again!

Wat??

His 2013 was terrible was not dropped but boy he should have been, only the captaincy saved his arse. Didn't he play every game and came 17th in the B&F, only beat blokes that played half a season - then Noble gives him a 3 year deal.

I'm sorry this man needs to go he has no idea about list management.

Same as MacKay & Reilly, other clubs aren't lining up to poach them you shouldn't give them 3 or 4 year deals, ludicrous.

The AFC - we exist to reward mediocrity.

Brodie Martin's been on the list since, what, 2009?

We're still trying to figure out if he's got it.

Brodie is never going to set the world on fire and I think his biggest problem is he's got a weak leg. A bit like Kym Koster, he can only kick the ball 30 metres. That and he usually buckles under the pressure of kicking straight for goal means he'll never be much. But, Id still rather have him in the team over VB.

Wat??

His 2013 was terrible was not dropped but boy he should have been, only the captaincy saved his arse. Didn't he play every game and came 17th in the B&F, only beat blokes that played half a season - then Noble gives him a 3 year deal.

I'm sorry this man needs to go he has no idea about list management.

Same as MacKay & Reilly, other clubs aren't lining up to poach them you shouldn't give them 3 or 4 year deals, ludicrous.

The AFC - we exist to reward mediocrity.

I'm as big a critic of Noble as there is, but I would think that the 3 years was probably extended some time during 2012 or early 2013. Happy to be wrong, but I doubt he would have gotten far into 2013 before being locked away again.

Brodie is never going to set the world on fire and I think his biggest problem is he's got a weak leg. A bit like Kym Koster, he can only kick the ball 30 metres. That and he usually buckles under the pressure of kicking straight for goal means he'll never be much. But, Id still rather have him in the team over VB.

Koster was a pretty ordinary kick. Up there with Tregenza, Symes, Gill and Perrie. I don't think Martin's kicking looks anywhere near as bad.

I'm as big a critic of Noble as there is, but I would think that the 3 years was probably extended some time during 2012 or early 2013. Happy to be wrong, but I doubt he would have gotten far into 2013 before being locked away again.

March 18, 2013. Just before Round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone checked on ST?

It's funny how the very strong opinions that tend to be based on nothing other than selection history disappear when selection finally catches up with form. Old AFC97.. seemed a fun loving guy, I really enjoyed the banter. He's disappeared whilst his charge is still getting selected. I sincerely hope he's ok, although he did say we wouldn't see him for dust if Mackay failed him.

You may have missed his goal last week, or his attempt from 50 against Port in the last that was touched on the line!

Are you thinking of Wright?

In the end I agree, Martin > VB

Assuming Callinan quits at the end of the year, who would people prefer as that single non AFL listed player we're allowed to have in the team if it was a choice between VB and Pods?

Note: I'm aware that VB still has a year to go on his contract, I'm just curious to know which of the two people think provides more value to the development of the younger players. In other words; which is better: an experienced key forward or midfielder?

If he plays out the year in the reserves and knows we have younger talent coming through, would you put yourself through it?

Back