Autopsy Versus Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

we couldn't deal with ross lyon's grip of death gameplay...hence the bombing it in. too many players playing congested footy so we couldn't really do anything. kudos to freo.

but our disposal efficiency and general decision making was pretty awful wasn't it? not the richmond i've been used to seeing this year that's for sure.

Too scared of expectation, it wasn't even a big ask. Pathetic they couldn't wake up to the fact it was raining.

what did i say..had a feeling it was going to happen. Freo's gameplan is not only pathetic to watch but an absolutle disgrace. their gameplan of being only defensive with a closed game and heaps of stoppages only suited the wet weather. We physically couldnt do anything and some of our players were absolutely terrible. Houli and some others like conca were simply not up to AFL standard today. Cotchin was our best followed by tuck and then anyone else who were pretty average to be honest.
No guarantee win next week. we will lose again if we don't work hard enough. Hope Dimma really gives them a spray and focus on what went wrong. No tackling pressure and no numbers near the ball??! geez. Pavlich only had what like 7 kicks? but still killed us.
bombing it into riewoldt in wet weather has got to be the worst idea in history.

Outcoached big time, 10 man backline all day for Freo and Pav one out. What pisses me Freo, will go back into their shells for another 4-6 weeks now

Always going to be a roller coaster ride with a young side.

Positives
Edwards was good, hopefully starting to win over some of the doubters.
O'Hanlon debut
Cotchin's sheer drive even when things aren't going our way.

Negatives
Our skills were awful
Decision making was poor, either blazed away or put a teammate under the pump with a sloppy handball.
Freo played the wet much, much better than we did
Neither our defence our forward line functioned... With the amount of inside 50s we had we should have been able to fashion more scoring opportunities.

Umpiring
very inconsistent, a fear Reece Conca has had his card marked by the Umpires, seems to have frees paid against him for very little and struggles to get the ones against him.

that last contest with jack..didnt even look like he tried to get to the ball. maybe his ankle was restricting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flooded forward 50 + wet weather long bombs = loss

I'll be gracious and say well done to Freo, but some of our turnovers from our defense were the difference, Pavlich was to good for Rance today.

Cotch, Tuck, Edwards, Dea, Morris and Jackson all won their battles.

disgusting football.
brett deledio, the person who says he wants to put up his hand for captaincy didnt step up to lead by example.
conca needs to stop giving away free kicks.
addam maric is never good when you give him a full game
jack's last 2 games were flukes.
rance got pulverized by pavlich.
tyrone vickery doesnt get enough of the football.
cotchin and tuck were the only solid contributors who never gave up.
edwards kicked 3 goals whereas nahas kicked 1.
griffiths' niggle early on.
morris never gave up.
o'hanlon had a solid debut, 8 possessions in the last quarter. if he played the whole game he might've been in the top 5 for our team BUT NOOOO addam maric had to play a full game and we've seen it before, he doesnt do anything when he plays a full game.
the only shining lights in the game were cotchin, tuck, o'hanlon.

with this kind of football we'll never get into the finals especially if we can't beat ross lyon's game plan, now other coaches know what are weaknesses are and how to easily shut us down from this day on.

really dissapointing. hardwick outcoached big time. vickery piss of to coburg.

How were we outcoached??

Is it Dimmas fault that our backline continued to miss targets and over run the ball?

Is it Dimmas fault that the boys didn't even bother to run through the middle for link up play?

Is it his fault we kept bombing it forward hoping for something to happen?

Is it his fault we missed easy shots on goal?

Is it his fault that a lot of the players today failed to do the basics right?

Get your hand off it, this had nothing to do with the coaching, our Forward line bar the last 2-3 weeks has been playing like a piece of s**t, Vickery cant take a contested mark to save himself, Riewoldt once again not leading (I understand he had an ankle injury).

This performance sits fairly and squarely on the players shoulders, they showed they can play in the wet against Hawthorn, but today was a bad day, to many missed targets, missed handballs, dropped marks, over running the ball, just a s**t day for the team and hopefully they learn from it and move on.

Winning games your not expected to win and losing games your expected. Typical *ingg Richmond hacks, havent changed one fornicating bit. Then i read on here people blaming the umpires, and crowd boos when the final siren gone. This is the mentality of a richmond supporter who were just beaten by a 3rd rate team. Your *ingg s**t mob makes me sick in the guts. Finals dreams officially over. Enjoy ya long weekend ya dumb sillys drowned in your river of tears yet again. Hope u enjoy finishing 9th again u s**t trucks. i look forward to the day you useless knobs go bankrupt and merge because ur existence hasnt been justfied for over 30 years. God i hate watching your *ingg s**t team!!! Arghhhhh DUDS

Your mum takes it in the clacker

dissapointing, but what we have come to expect over the years. Probably cost us a spot in the finals. Lets hope this is the last time with these bullshit letdowns when we finally think we are a chance for september action

Big Maric's worst game for the club and other maric is way to slow to make a decision.
On the plus side Edwards is looking pretty good in his new role and O'hanlon looked alright
Houli should be on notice.

Cotchin and Tuck tried hard

and Ross lyon creates the most boring and insipid games i have ever witnessed. Freo use to be exciting to watch
And Satan's little helper (ballantyne) is a little ******* rat.

confirmed that our style is not good enough in the wet. also this juzzywuzzy guy (Sweet name by the way you ******* pedo), if we are so s**t why did you guys only win by 10 points?? that doesnt say much about you guys does it?

I know we have been playing some good football this year, I'm 26 and have been starved of success bar 95 and 01 and this year is the most consistent year I've probably seen, weve been in every game this year.But I don't think Richmond can afford to have too many small players, with king, nahas, houli, Edwards, a.maric, conca. My worry is on wet days like today and against strong bodies in finals that these guys won't get the job done, some struggle to stick tackles and break tackles and when we are looking for options one on one up the ground these guys can't take marks above there heads. They are bit players and we leave too much work up to cotchin tuck deledio foley. Im not questioning there effort, but are there too many smalls in our side, Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back