Autopsy Versus Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

confirmed that our style is not good enough in the wet. also this juzzywuzzy guy (Sweet name by the way you fornicating pedo), if we are so s**t why did you guys only win by 10 points?? that doesnt say much about you guys does it?

Oh how some have short memories. :rolleyes:

speaking to mates yesterday, said the loss of foley and king cannot be underestimated. king puts in and team mates follow his lead. he would love these conditions.

King needs to realise this then and not get done for stupid 1 week suspensions

Wasn't able to watch the game... just followed the damage on the iPhone... thank Christ for that!!!!
Clearly one of those all too familiar and typical Tiger displays where we had some stuff go against our plans, (weather, Freo kicked very straight, a couple of key players down) and it seems we were pretty much powerless to stop it!

We still can not handle any profile... always have a down week after too much exposue... young heads not remaining level perhaps but thats what the leaders at the club should be able to fix.

Only one leader appeared to stand up today and that was the #9...

Coach said that our Captain does heaps out on the park and is proactive during games to effect changes to momentum in the contest... sounds like that just did not happen in todays slop.

Familiar dissapointment is familiar...

Words can't describe how pathetic that was, by far our worst game of the season so far.

Freo wanted it, we didn't

End of story

A bit dissapointing, the weather beat us really, our gameplan is suited to dry weather.

Everyone was playing down Fremantle, they're still a good side with an experienced coach, a 2 goal loss in the wet isn't the end of the world.

O'Hanlon was good when he came on, A Maric did some nice stuff.

Pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get ready for GWS.

Everyone needs to calm down.

i think the overreaction on this board today is maybe a reminder to our fans not to get ahead of ourselves with spruiking to other fans. yes we lost, yes we should have won against an interstate team in the wet, but it shows we have a long way to go.our depth is an issue but we know this. just didnt hunt the ball all day, didnt adapt to the conditions but also no composure with ball as well. tuck was great today but just slamming it on the boot to nobody(which invariably lead to their players) isn't good either. in the clinches we wernt good enough and freo's style siuts wet weather footy.

y
yeh because our short hand passes and kicks worked beautifully today with the ball slipping through our hands every time didnt it?

Did you miss our Hawthorn game in the wet or something?

We played direct, pin point footy in the wet against a far superior team to Fremantle on that day and we cut them to pieces, players making BASIC skill errors has nothing to do with the coach.

Go have a nice warm cup of tea and a lie down.

Also showed when the heat is on Bretty boy he does struggle which is disappointing cotchin gets this every week and still performs so if anyone is still unsure of our next captain don't be clearly it's the current vice captain by a mile.

Cotch and Tuck superb, as you would expect from our inside players. Outside players really shown up today, very little effect on the game; needed to be harder.

Handballed when we should have kicked, and kicked when we should have handballed. Freo had 34 more tackles. That's disgraceful to lose the tackle count by that much. Need to get back to playing ruthless hard footy and stop trying to win based purely on talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we have been playing some good football this year, I'm 26 and have been starved of success bar 95 and 01 and this year is the most consistent year I've probably seen, weve been in every game this year.But I don't think Richmond can afford to have too many small players, with king, nahas, houli, Edwards, a.maric, conca. My worry is on wet days like today and against strong bodies in finals that these guys won't get the job done, some struggle to stick tackles and break tackles and when we are looking for options one on one up the ground these guys can't take marks above there heads. They are bit players and we leave too much work up to cotchin tuck deledio foley. Im not questioning there effort, but are there too many smalls in our side, Thoughts?
You know I'm really sick and tired of people saying, I'm blah blah years old and have been starved of success for x years.
We are all Richmond supporters here, we've all been through the same thing, I don't give a flying fork how much success you've been starved of. We ALL HAVE, so stop playing the victim, you aren't special, just suck it up and have a mug of cement to harden the f- up

Was that not the most atrocious umpiring in recent memory?

Kudos to Freo don't get me wrong, they deserved the win.

But it just seemed like the umpires were really out to get us today. So many missed calls, so many calls that weren't there. I remember at one point (maybe half time?) the free kick count was around 7 to 18 in Freo's favor. Game finished on 17 to 24 in freos favor which shows that the umpires sort of sorted themselves out but still, even if we were playing well it would have been a hard day out with the calls being made...

(ps. yes I know these threads come up every week we lose, and really I am just so upset I wanted to vent somewhere :rolleyes:)

Hear what you're saying, but I think the problem is most of those players you listed at very outside types. Grigg and Houli are big enough bodies, but very outside players. Lids is a tank, but again, not in the same class as Cotch at pure clearance footy. What we really need is another Tucky type, a real inside machine. Someone like Josh P Kennedy, Jobe etc. If we want to go up the ladder, we will need to bring on some tougher players like that.

Some of the kids will put on more size (Ellis, Conca etc.) so we probably won't look as small, but if they're no good in the clinches, we'll continually rely on Cotch/Tuck who won't be there forever.

Pathetic effort all round really besides Cotchin and Tuck. Lots of hype and all comes screeching to a halt once again. We didn't know how to play wet weather football. Lots of dumb players combined with some dumb coaching.

Proved how big of a loss Foley was too. Maric and Jackson played midfield and we got smashed in clearances. No midfield depth.

Mullet's worst game. Lids MIA again -still can't shake a hard tag. Think Hardwick should've played him back at HBF for this one. Little Maric a one quarter player - that quarter being the last. Batchelor made crucial errors at crucial times. Vickery is still a passenger.The smarter quality forwards still kill Rance in the air. Missed Foley badly, perhaps King too, though I'm not so sure the latter would've ben an asset given the mood the maggots were in today.

Still no excuses at home against an interstate side on a losing streak on a ground they never win at with a man down - arguably their most important player at that - for most of the game. Freo kicked a few arse goals but made their own luck becauser they were prepared to work harder while we were still in the St. KIlda shoot out under the roof at Etihad in our minds. Media Street curse strikes again. History still winning.

You know I'm really sick and tired of people saying, I'm blah blah years old and have been starved of success for x years.
We are all Richmond supporters here, we've all been through the same thing, I don't give a flying fork how much success you've been starved of. We ALL HAVE, so stop playing the victim, you aren't special, just suck it up and have a mug of cement to harden the f- up
Calm down. Wasn't his contention.

Hello. If you are thinking of trolling this thread, please bear in mind that my banning options are a bit restricted at the moment due to the new software. This means that you will probably end up with a more severe ban than you could normally expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back