VFL vfl rd 13 vs sandy PRO saturday 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradkie only showed anything after we got on top, prior to that his was outmarked or beaten to the ball on numerous occasions thus curtailing our forward thrusts. No where near it at this stage. Would otherwise agree with your assessments

At this stage I think we would be more concerned with what he shows rather than when he shows it. I agree he is miles of AFL level at this stage but today looked a nice step in the right direction. He was never going to dominate the periods where ball after ball was being kicked to his disadvantage. Having played a fair bit of full forward in my playing days, it really isn't easy to position yourself when the ball is coming in the wrong way. The club will want Bradtke to be a structural player, not an easy kick chaser. I unashamedly liked his game today, when he got his chances to contest, he contested hard, that is the main thing you would ask of a key forward.

I wouldn’t disagree with that in terms of overall outlook for Dow. Think Dow falls into that category of too good for VFL not good enough for AFL.

I do like it how he doesn’t just slam it forward when he gets it inside the contest, and he finds space and time. But he doesn’t have that burst of speed to breakaway from the stoppage and his disposal is poor which nullifies a lot his good work in the contest.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was retained for next season. Nor would I be surprised if he was delisted at the end of the season.
Agree he’s now his fourth season on an AFL list and the thing I look at is there anymore improvement in his game to deserve an extension. This is my big worry with him as he appears to be stuck at the same level.

Pretty well nailed it champ except for Dow as I think he’s pedestrian and sloppy. I think he deserves to be on the list, but I’m not holding my breath on him. He gets inside and does a lot of work, but it’s generally lacking effectiveness. Seems like a one trick draught horse sadly.
Champed :oops:

More than happy with Coulthrad , The season is just about shot and i would be getting this kid into the senior team asap
Kid just glides

Champed :oops:

More than happy with Coulthrad , The season is just about shot and i would be getting this kid into the senior team asap
Kid just glides
I’m not giving up until tonight’s outcome. Coulthard will fight for MRJ and Clarke’s spot. Great to have some competition from the vfl boys now.

I’m not giving up until tonight’s outcome. Coulthard will fight for MRJ and Clarke’s spot. Great to have some competition from the vfl boys now.
You know what , he’s prob not that far behind them, I think he has huge upside Coulthard when you think just how little footy he’s played at state level , 6 games in total

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the 2nd half it the game but great match/player reports 👍👍

Got 3 goodens in Brown, Banks and Tresize . Great size, athleticism and skills ( Brown and Banks kicking is top notch). Brown looks a different physical specimen to last season. And even twiggy Banks looks stronger.

Also good to see one of my fav VFL players - Cam Olden- back and doing well. Looking at stats and the highlights package was influential.

Morris in his post match interview with "we hope to see you there" had the following to say(as best I can recall):

- big rap for Brown, Banks and Tresize. Sounds like they are just waiting for the right spot to open up for Banks, Morris really emphasised how good he thinks Banks is.

- he rates Dow an AFL level player and liked his game, but seemed to share my view that Dow could have advanced the ball with a bit more attacking intent. He thought Dow's shocker v Werribee was partially down to not much game time over previous month or so.

- revealed Coulthard has raised eyebrows with his GPS numbers, really covers the ground. Sort of reinforces what some of us noted that he just seems to run effortlessly. Also mentioned he is heavily invested in the defensive side of the game but is exciting in offence as well.

- acknowledged Austin Johnson's great form. Said he is a great runner and very good skills but although just 21yo is a big body. This guy could be one to watch in future rookie and mid season drafts or as an SSP(my thoughts not Morris's words.)

- Chuck Naish on debut made some good decisions and his ball use stands out.

We need to run a make on this legend in the background who appears for a minute or so from around the 9:20 minute mark of the final term. He is seen here kindly offering Jack Bytel some advice on how to shape the shot at goal into the tricky wind. :tearsofjoy:

1687091906213.png

Then happily we get a closer shot of the chap where his carefully thought out advice meets with the amused approval of a passer by, who it must be said is more suitably attired for a Melbourne winter. Our man looks to have extensive experience living behind high fences. What I really love is he has the man on the mark lean going here just to make Bytel's shot at goal even more difficult...

1687092025288.png

Then here he is ensuring Bytel doesn't forget his earlier advice, based on extensive local knowledge....

1687092251487.png

Bytel bottles it, puts it in the too hard basket due solely to the efforts of our champion, and passes to Keeler, making it his problem. Our one man welcoming party then also supports Keeler with some well intentioned advisory monologue.

1687092708274.png

Keeler duly misses and in the next shot of him our man can be seen looking very satisfied that he did all he could possibly do to assist our visitors in their endeavour to negotiate the blustery conditions. :)

1687092945823.png

This campaigner is a dead set legend. :hearteyes:

Morris in his post match interview with "we hope to see you there" had the following to say(as best I can recall):

- big rap for Brown, Banks and Tresize. Sounds like they are just waiting for the right spot to open up for Banks, Morris really emphasised how good he thinks Banks is.

- he rates Dow an AFL level player and liked his game, but seemed to share my view that Dow could have advanced the ball with a bit more attacking intent. He thought Dow's shocker v Werribee was partially down to not much game time over previous month or so.

- revealed Coulthard has raised eyebrows with his GPS numbers, really covers the ground. Sort of reinforces what some of us noted that he just seems to run effortlessly. Also mentioned he is heavily invested in the defensive side of the game but is exciting in offence as well.

- acknowledged Austin Johnson's great form. Said he is a great runner and very good skills but although just 21yo is a big body. This guy could be one to watch in future rookie and mid season drafts or as an SSP(my thoughts not Morris's words.)

- Chuck Naish on debut made some good decisions and his ball use stands out.
Great listening to Morris. How much better are his reports than when he first started the job.

Good call re Johnson, has ability, good size, skills. Not sure about his leg speed. Certainly one to watch

Wonder how much game time Charlie Naish had and where on the ground he was playinng? Had 8 disposals on the VFL match centre. Looks tall but probably sleight in terms of size. Good to hear he has good disposal and made good decisions. Hopefully he can get a few more games at VFL level to play against men instead of against kids.
Probably looking like a 2nd - 4th round pick, not much fanfare in the U18s news from what I've seen. It's strictly a Harley Reid draft this year.

Wonder how much game time Charlie Naish had and where on the ground he was playinng? Had 8 disposals on the VFL match centre. Looks tall but probably sleight in terms of size. Good to hear he has good disposal and made good decisions. Hopefully he can get a few more games at VFL level to play against men instead of against kids.
Probably looking like a 2nd - 4th round pick, not much fanfare in the U18s news from what I've seen. It's strictly a Harley Reid draft this year.
Looks a clone of Patrick and I’m not sure there’s any upside in having him on our list. Would be another HBF or HFF which we have a plethora of.

We need to run a make on this legend in the background who appears for a minute or so from around the 9:20 minute mark of the final term. He is seen here kindly offering Jack Bytel some advice on how to shape the shot at goal into the tricky wind. :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 1716191

Then happily we get a closer shot of the chap where his carefully thought out advice meets with the amused approval of a passer by, who it must be said is more suitably attired for a Melbourne winter. Our man looks to have extensive experience living behind high fences. What I really love is he has the man on the mark lean going here just to make Bytel's shot at goal even more difficult...

View attachment 1716194

Then here he is ensuring Bytel doesn't forget his earlier advice, based on extensive local knowledge....

View attachment 1716200

Bytel bottles it, puts it in the too hard basket due solely to the efforts of our champion, and passes to Keeler, making it his problem. Our one man welcoming party then also supports Keeler with some well intentioned advisory monologue.

View attachment 1716212

Keeler duly misses and in the next shot of him our man can be seen looking very satisfied that he did all he could possibly do to assist our visitors in their endeavour to negotiate the blustery conditions. :)

View attachment 1716217

This campaigner is a dead set legend. :hearteyes:

AFL not even trying to cover up the corruption anymore, taking centre bounces from inside the Saints forward 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back