VFL VFL Round 6 v Southport - Saturday May 4th; 12:05pm @ Frankhauser Reserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have absolutely zero hope that our VFL team will be playing in September to help keep everyone match fit for seniors if needed.

Score doesn’t matter

From our young boys I want to see:
  • intent: both to push from contest to contest / chase (I’m thinking Taylor Adam’s desire / Wilbur last night when his gut running got him that holding the ball) as well as a willingness to get in tight / tough at stoppages
  • nous / footy IQ
IMO everything else follows on from these as to the level they achieve

Thanks to all with comments - appreciate all views on players

I have absolutely zero hope that our VFL team will be playing in September to help keep everyone match fit for seniors if needed.
There is always training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a very young side, that currently has a few out with injuries. Hopefully as the season progresses, we see improvement in their performance....

I don't get it, I must be doing it wrong. Why do posters focus on poor play/errors from the Pies (maybe 80 per cent) and acknowledge our good play (maybe 20%)?

Reading the thread so far I thought we must have been uncompetitive, but I thought I'd have look at the coverage first hand to see for myself, and lo and behold Pies kicked maybe 5 or 6 that quarter to be 7 points down at half time.

I've returned the the game day thread, but you wouldn't know it from the posts.

PS - 2 positive posts posted since I've been typing this.
I can imagine your horror if you ventured into the Game day thread, during any match.

Yeah it’s not quite the same though. Better for our AFL side in finals if the VFL is also playing finals. In case anyone needs to be called up.
I wouldn’t be too worried about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back