VFL - vs. Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricardo said:
Yep, he should have gotten at least 4 frees, although they (the umps) were missing quite a few, what exactly did Slade do to that guy in the last quarter to reverse the free??

(McCarthy also was held on numerous occasions)

It looked to me as though the Tassie player would not give the ball back and Slade went off....shouldn't have, nearly cost us the freakin match!

Yeah, I saw Slade swing his arms, not sure where he hit him though.

It was unnecessary, considering the scoreline. Luckily big bad Blakey put us in front!

How good was his first goal in the last term?

How bad was the umpiring in that match?? I was nearly ready to jump the fence and whack umpire no.31 (don't know his name, it wasn't in the record) And that decision against Slade in the last quarter....why the hell wasn't he awarded 50 because he was being held up, or isn't that rule in vogue anymore? I also didn't know you could hold guys while shepherding. Maybe they changed that rule too. Just as well justice prevailed and the Cats won in the end.

Blakey's goal in the last quarter on the run was an absolute gem. How was Thurley's effort in slamming the ball into the post from 30m on the run in the third quarter? That's what you get for being a downhill skier!!

winty said:
How was Thurley's effort in slamming the ball into the post from 30m on the run in the third quarter? That's what you get for being a downhill skier!!

It was great how everyone in the crowd had a laugh at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back