MVP Votes Round 18 vs St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempted to say no votes but

5 - Barlow
4 - Mzungu
3 - Spurr
2 - Fyfe
1 - Morabito (just cos he played a full game)

Very hard to give votes when players don't deserve them. This round should be left out of calculations and everyone given 0 votes for the round.

As the one who counts these things, I agree in sentiment. On the other hand, there were still a couple of players that did OK and I reckon deserve votes.

Need to work out a simple way to cater for these sorts of anomaly games that can work for forum voting.

So my votes:

5. Me - For choosing to sit through a replay after missing much of the 2nd half the first time around. I think that's great effort, BOG by far.

4. Mzungu - if they all played with his effort and intensity, then I think we would have been OK.

2. Barlow - Did OK, worked hard. Bit sloppy here and there, but still better than most of the team in that regard
2. Pav - did his job, with very little support or supply.
2. Mayne - worked hard, applied pressure, both ends of the ground at some points of the game, kicked a goal when it actually mattered. Did what you'd expect of him. Can't complain about his game.
1. Duffield - really put in and, given the amount of ball that the back half had to deal with, thought he was the best of the back 6. Would have liked for him to be cleaner with ball, but, again, given lack of support, in the circumstances he did OK.

Deboer wasn't too bad, did what you'd expect as a sub. Other than that, everybody else was crap really.

As the one who counts these things, I agree in sentiment. On the other hand, there were still a couple of players that did OK and I reckon deserve votes.

Need to work out a simple way to cater for these sorts of anomaly games that can work for forum voting.

There will always be anomalies and they're hard to fix. I would of thought that most wins would have double the posters voting in our POTY award thread than games we lose. I think we've had 60 voters in some games and just over 20 in the loss to the Kangas. Unless there was a player that consistently performed best in our losing games, it should even out alright.

If you've been paying attention, you'd notice that I get a new computer every week to do the votes. Well, this week's game was so bad that I figured I better get something special for the occasion, I quickly turned to the Coleco Adam. Here's a pic:

2959.jpg

It has a number of flaws, but it's biggest one is that it releases a substantial electromagnetic pulse every time you turn it on and, conveniently, uses magnetic media tape/discs as its default storage system from which programs are loaded and data stored - what a brilliant combo!! So now, I can do my votes, store them, turn the system on and off and the memory of this game can then be erased for ever :)

So if you want the legendary Coleco to count your votes, then please get them in soon. I'll tally them up later today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back