Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all,

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:
I don't believe that for a second because what's their motive behind attacking Russia? It doesn't make sense. As soon as the pressure is on the Israeli government, suddenly America's enemy is attacked to distract the population?
Why would ISIS have motivation to attack Russia? I don't know, maybe the Russian involvement in Syrian Civil War in support of the Syrian Government against ISIS.

Now climb back into whatever conspiracy board hole you climbed out of.

Why would ISIS have motivation to attack Russia? I don't know, maybe the Russian involvement in Syrian Civil War in support of the Syrian Government against ISIS.

Now climb back into whatever conspiracy board hole you climbed out of.
That's been happening for over a decade and they didn't attack Russia before so people will ask questions.

If you're going with conspiracy theories, the one that makes sense is a false flag attack by Russia to make the next forced mobilisation more palatable.

Hell, an 'ISIS' attack on the US would help them and Israel way more than an attack on Russia.
No,Russia doesn't need a false flag event to enforce mobilization and doesn't need to make it palatable,they just do it regardless.

The US can't even mobilise the support they want for Ukraine because of democratic incapacity. But they managed to engineer a false flag terrorist operation on Russian soil even though they warned the FSB earlier this month that an attack was coming. What?

That's been happening for over a decade and they didn't attack Russia before so people will ask questions.
Really - no attacks so the following were just figments of imagination or all done by other parties who convinced Isis to take the fall?

2013 vologogead bombings
2015 metrojet on route to St Petersburg
2017 St Petersbueg Metro
2019 Stravopol shootings
And of course multiple attacks kn Chechnya and ISIS attacks on the Russian mercenaries supporting the barbaric Syrian regime.

And who knows how many other attacks have been stopped or not publicised in Putins dictatorship.

Perhaps the Russian propaganda bots should do some research so they don't release easily discredited conspiracy theories in an attempt to avoid the obvious conclusion that a lot of groups hate Putins Russia

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The US can't even mobilise the support they want for Ukraine because of democratic incapacity. But they managed to engineer a false flag terrorist operation on Russian soil even though they warned the FSB earlier this month that an attack was coming. What?
Aren't you following the Beijing controlled feeds on Tik Tok and therefore understand Russia is good, US is bad.

Really - no attacks so the following were just figments of imagination or all done by other parties who convinced Isis to take the fall?

2013 vologogead bombings
2017 St Petersbueg Metro
2019 Stravopol shootings
And of course multiple attacks kn Chechnya and ISIS attacks on the Russian mercenaries supporting the barbaric Syrian regime.

And who knows how many other attacks have been stopped or not publicised in Putins dictatorship.

Perhaps the Russian propaganda bots should do some research so they don't release easily discredited conspiracy theories in an attempt to avoid the obvious conclusion that a lot of groups hate Putins Russia

A friend of mine travelled the St Petersburg Metro the same day as the attack in 2017. Same line too, but earlier in the day.

From the feeds, I have learnt a large number of cities in Russia have announced cancellation of entertainment / cultural events out of a sense of safety. Also in one case, (flying out of Krasnoyarsk), passengers are recommended to arrive earlier than usual, as security is gonna be ramped up to the 9s at airports for a while.

"EU to give Ukraine profits from Russia assets

Ninety percent will be channelled through the European Peace Facility fund to buy weapons for Ukraine. The rest will be used for recovery and reconstruction.
The exact amount available for Kyiv each year will depend on global interest rates as the profits are the returns on some 210 billion euros of Russian central bank assets held in various currencies in the 27-nation EU.

The total financial contribution for Ukraine from frozen Russian assets in the EU will therefore total 4.0-4.5 billion euros this year.
Once the Commission proposal is approved by EU governments the profits are set aside for Ukraine twice a year, with a first tranche already in July.

The Russian assets are held by EU central securities depositories, mainly Belgium's Euroclear, which will keep 3% for operational expenses and temporarily retain 10% of the profits as a safeguard against legal action by Russia."

What's the motive for this attack?
Russia is doing some pretty nasty things to Muslim minorities in the occupied parts of Central Asia and in their support for the vile Assad regime. (And of course ISIS doesn't really need a motive, killing is fun and just not being the right type of Muslim is enough for them)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of what the Russians and their allies say is bluster though. Looks like you're cherry picking what you think they're genuinely going to go ahead with, or what is false fearmongering. As I said, I don't think Russia has the capacity to take on NATO. They're struggling enough with Ukraine as is. And btw, pretty sure the MacArthur comment earlier had to do with is plans to invade China.
Someone has plans to invade China?

Not me.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot of what the Russians and their allies say is bluster though. Looks like you're cherry picking what you think they're genuinely going to go ahead with, or what is false fearmongering. As I said, I don't think Russia has the capacity to take on NATO. They're struggling enough with Ukraine as is. And btw, pretty sure the MacArthur comment earlier had to do with is plans to invade China.
I think Russia has only just figured out that they don't have the capacity to take on NATO.

I don't think their plans were based on that reality.

Do you think they will change their plans, or try to change military reality?

I don't believe that for a second because what's their motive behind attacking Russia? It doesn't make sense. As soon as the pressure is on the Israeli government, suddenly America's enemy is attacked to distract the population?

If it in any way can be traced back to the US or the Israeli government, then world war III will break out.
Russia has a significant Muslim population, and has been having issues with Muslim fundamentalists as long as the West, if not longer.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend thing is a myth, especially foruslim fundamentalists.

The idea that the US is ISIS enemy, and they wouldn't attack anyone else that was America's enemy is pretty naive tbh.

Nah it is way too suspicious timing for me to believe they were behind it. The only way it makes sense is if ISIS was created by the US and the Israeli government.

ISIS haven't been relevant for years. And conveniently they target America and the Israeli's enemy when both are under immense pressure for the atrocities they've committed in Palestine? When the general public is finally waking up to the fact that America has a serious Jewish supremacy problem by organisations like AIPAC and ADL? The TikTok ban to suppress anti-Zionist rhetoric backfired so suddenly ISIS comes back again to shift the conversation away from them?

I think who is behind it is:

Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but the US and the Israeli government are far more likely to be behind this. I'm glad people are catching on to this and surely Russia has as well.

And this too:

not everything is about god damn Israel and Palestine(Hamas).

Heck, ISIS hate Hamas, because they work with Iran(Shia).

Some groups are just all about chaos.

I mean you are arguing with an absolute cooker.

2013 vologogead bombings
2017 St Petersbueg Metro
2019 Stravopol shootings

I forgot the St Petersburg attack so I stand corrected. ISIS are a cowardly organisation that claim attacks to make themselves look bigger and more powerful than they actually are.

Will be interesting to see what motive is stated and what Putin says.
Russia has a significant Muslim population, and has been having issues with Muslim fundamentalists as long as the West, if not longer.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend thing is a myth, especially foruslim fundamentalists.

The idea that the US is ISIS enemy, and they wouldn't attack anyone else that was America's enemy is pretty naive tbh.

I'm admittedly not across politics in Russia other than the Russia-NATO relationship and Russian support for the Assad regime so I'll have to research more to see how it all fits.

I know ISIS and Hamas hate each other because one is Wahhabi and the other stems from the so-called Muslim Brotherhood that is funded by the Shia.

I found the timing interesting and posed a few theories that people have been discussing across social media, but I'm not well researched in Russian politics other than the NATO-Russian relationship and the Syria-Russia situation.

I'll certainly research more so I can understand how this all fits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back