Other Watching the Super Bowl in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this thread is about Melbourne but does anyone have suggestions for Brisbane? Fun vibe (beer garden if possible) but also keen to watch the match, not just eat average American snacks. Thanks guys.

Fox Hotel Southbank

Pig n Whistle Riverside

Pineapple Hotel near Gabba

If it was a good matchup, I'd ditch work for it.
But nup. s**t story, no interest.
Since my first Super Bowl (42) this will be the 2nd I miss (along with that Green Bay-Pittsburgh one)

I heard on the radio that the Sporting Globe in Geelong will have Ben Graham as their special guest, if that's an incentive for anybody.

Bah! The real party's at TGIs, where apparently. they're giving away Hayne jerseys.

Expect to see a few more around next week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the Melbourne Public?

It's a Luke Darcy pub, that explains plenty.

I was going to go to a venue in the city but a few of the boys and I have opted for Buds, wings and dogs at one of their places.

see, that's a great idea. but my mates mate is the organiser this year, so it will be shitful and expensive..full of worker flogs coming down for a laugh

I was going to go to a venue in the city but a few of the boys and I have opted for Buds, wings and dogs at one of their places.

But with the superbowl being played in California it gives you the perfect opportunity to celebrate with some quality Californian beer:

torpedo2015a.png

But with the superbowl being played in California it gives you the perfect opportunity to celebrate with some quality Californian beer:

torpedo2015a.png
I'd get my taste buds checked out if you think an ipa is quality

torpedo2015a.png

I don't even really post on this board any more... but I didn't expect to ever see anyone post about this on BF! I'd heard of Sierra Nevada from Steve Austin's podcast, and you see it around Melbourne - but the bottlo on Brunswick St is the only one I've seen that sells the Extra IPA. Having not really drunk for 2 years, this beer is entirely responsible for me starting again!

30 bucks a 6er is outrageous, but I always thought that 6 of these beats the s**t out of 12 Coopers.

Where are you buying them dart ? And is it any cheaper than the 30 bucks I'm paying?

Who the heck drinks before 12 anyway?

Jealous of everyone in the Eastern States.

This is the only time of the year that you're jealous of eastern states? I know my AFL team is based over there, but I don't think you could pay me enough to move there.

Anyway, clocks are just numbers on a wall - on AFL Grand Final day and on Superbowl Day I have no qualms with getting out of bed, walking the dog, showering... and having a beer with breakfast.

This is the only time of the year that you're jealous of eastern states? I know my AFL team is based over there, but I don't think you could pay me enough to move there.

AFL games on TV in the morning would be cool (if you don't have anything planned) but them all being done and dusted by 8.30pm would suck. Having lived there I can say in general it sucks for sport especially on weekdays.

Where are you buying them dart ? And is it any cheaper than the 30 bucks I'm paying?

I'm based in Perth and Sierra Nevada is pretty readily available, even dan murphy's has been stocking them from memory, a 6 pack is always going to be expensive, $30 seems about right, but when you consider it's 7%ish from memory - there's value there. Carton is usually pretty reasonable.

One of the last times I was in Melbourne I do remember we found it on tap at cookie, that afternoon go out of hand pretty quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back