WBD 2015 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Biggs living the dream, becoming mates with Jake Stringer straight away

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-11-20/biggs-stringing-along
Honestly in a good team blokes like these will become gold! I love his Sydney ethos of running back first. He will be our next Gilbee. And Jake Stringer holds the key to this club for the next 15 years. People gravitate to him, listen to him, value his no bullshit speaking. And his Mrs is the next Hayley Cooney, she'll galvanise the wags. I'm unsure who will be our best player in the next ten years, but I'm positive Jake is our most important.

I'm positive Jake is our most important.

395807-tom-boyd.jpg

In my opinion, stringer has the potential to be out next long term captain. Natural leader of men. In say 3 years time he could be our best player, he already really seems to love the club, and he's already taking young new recruits under his wing. Screams natural to me, and I'm all for it.

Honestly in a good team blokes like these will become gold! I love his Sydney ethos of running back first. He will be our next Gilbee. And Jake Stringer holds the key to this club for the next 15 years. People gravitate to him, listen to him, value his no bullshit speaking. And his Mrs is the next Hayley Cooney, she'll galvanise the wags. I'm unsure who will be our best player in the next ten years, but I'm positive Jake is our most important.

I think so too I believe he remains the most important asset this club has not only for the skill and ability he has but also the knitty gritty type of things such as standing up for his team mates, self belief that he can get the job done for our team and his attitude towards training and his ability to connect with his team mates. The media and opposition supporters often look at Macrae/Bontempelli/Liberatore/Boyd as our most important, I think by far and away he is the most important player/person at our club. If he ever left I don't know how I could carry on without a solid ten years in hibernation. He quite simply must be protected from other clubs, so for the time being forget trying to throw big contracts else where lets just make sure Jake has the money required for our star to remain at the one club as well as protect Bonti/Macrae etc.

In my opinion, stringer has the potential to be out next long term captain. Natural leader of men. In say 3 years time he could be our best player, he already really seems to love the club, and he's already taking young new recruits under his wing. Screams natural to me, and I'm all for it.

Agree with this. Subject to how Roughy and Wallis kick on they are also in line for me.

I'm assuming we go for an older captain for the next say 2 years.

I think so too I believe he remains the most important asset this club has not only for the skill and ability he has but also the knitty gritty type of things such as standing up for his team mates, self belief that he can get the job done for our team and his attitude towards training and his ability to connect with his team mates. The media and opposition supporters often look at Macrae/Bontempelli/Liberatore/Boyd as our most important, I think by far and away he is the most important player/person at our club. If he ever left I don't know how I could carry on without a solid ten years in hibernation. He quite simply must be protected from other clubs, so for the time being forget trying to throw big contracts else where lets just make sure Jake has the money required for our star to remain at the one club as well as protect Bonti/Macrae etc.

I don't think he is the type to up and leave (having said that, I'd have given you 1000/1 on Griffen ever leaving six weeks ago).

As long as we look after him, and don't low ball him due to his perceived loyalty, he'll be a one club player.

Also agree with others in that I'd have no problem with him being made captain in a year or two's time.

Not sure why the quote is not showing - it was from Maddog who posted a pic of fletcher in response to comments about ayce Cordy frame...

Fletcher is clearly an exceptiin to any number of rules - to go along with the fact he is a Backman not a ruckman who had to endure more physical clashes in a game of footy.

Silly comparison if it was meant without tongue in cheek

I think so too I believe he remains the most important asset this club has not only for the skill and ability he has but also the knitty gritty type of things such as standing up for his team mates, self belief that he can get the job done for our team and his attitude towards training and his ability to connect with his team mates. ...
I agree he's one of our most important assets. I am actually more excited about Stringer than Macrae, TBoyd or Bonty (but only just).

However I'm not sure yet if he's our future captain. The Biggs article talks about Stringer being a knockabout sort of bloke from the bush who likes a joke etc (my paraphrasing) so he might be more like Cooney who was never a serious captaincy proposition.

If you could graft in an ideal character type to any talented footballer, I'd be looking for a Matt Boyd personality - thorough, professional, loyal, competitive, determined, hard-working, modest ... but ambitious.

Not sure why the quote is not showing - it was from Maddog who posted a pic of fletcher in response to comments about ayce Cordy frame...

Fletcher is clearly an exceptiin to any number of rules - to go along with the fact he is a Backman not a ruckman who had to endure more physical clashes in a game of footy.

Silly comparison if it was meant without tongue in cheek

Are you calling me silly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smiley with tongue sticking out is your friend in that case then.
Off topic I know, but I reckon emoticons are diminishing our ability to craft sentences. They make us lazy about choosing our words.

That said, they are probably necessary for BF, where wordsmithing :eek: is not the main game. Instead we want spontaneity and brevity.:cool: Too often someone on BF takes offence :mad: , gets precious :mad: or ridicules :rolleyes: a remark that they have misread or misinterpreted.o_O Before you know it there's a shitfight :cry: and someone has to post that gif "Well, that degenerated quickly!" (or however it goes)*. :(

Do I make myself clear?

*EDIT: "Well that escalated quickly!" - acknowledgement to Doggies7. And it's a jpg not a gif. :$ Well 0 out of 2 ain't bad. :p

Last edited:
Off topic I know, but I reckon emoticons are diminishing our ability to craft sentences. They make us lazy about choosing our words.

That said, they are probably necessary for BF, where wordsmithing :eek: is not the main game. Instead we want spontaneity and brevity.:cool: Too often someone on BF takes offence :mad: , gets precious :mad: or ridicules :rolleyes: a remark that they have misread or misinterpreted.o_O Before you know it there's a shitfight :cry: and someone has to post that gif "Well, that degenerated quickly!" (or however it goes). :(

Do I make myself clear?
:thumbsu:

That said, they are probably necessary for BF, where wordsmithing :eek: is not the main game. Instead we want spontaneity and brevity.:cool: Too often someone on BF takes offence :mad: , gets precious :mad: or ridicules :rolleyes: a remark that they have misread or misinterpreted.o_O Before you know it there's a shitfight :cry: and someone has to post that gif "Well, that degenerated quickly!" (or however it goes). :(

Do I make myself clear?

Insert Picard-WTF is this s**t.jpg !!

Do I make myself clear?

251256_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

I'm really happy with his acquisition too, as I've already said multiple times in this thread. But I'll just repeat it to make it clear. I'm really looking forward to Crameri after the ASADA stuff is out of the way and the team is playing good footy. He'll really benefit but it was his worst season statistically per game 4 years, actually since his very first season. That's a fact for fpcookie

He often seemed to have two opponents wearing him... usually the fastest defenders. Playing up the ground a lot he really had to bust his gut to get the ball at all. I was impressed with his effort and his resilience.

In a way, I love it how Bev looks like a mean, angry bastard. It's time we started playing like one as well, make teams hurt when they play us. Bring back the mongrel!!

Yea, bring on more short angry guys a la Clarkson .... good move getting one of his main men. ... best practice system in the league .. that last GF win was impressive. Good talent but also well drilled.

I agree he's one of our most important assets. I am actually more excited about Stringer than Macrae, TBoyd or Bonty (but only just).

However I'm not sure yet if he's our future captain. The Biggs article talks about Stringer being a knockabout sort of bloke from the bush who likes a joke etc (my paraphrasing) so he might be more like Cooney who was never a serious captaincy proposition.

If you could graft in an ideal character type to any talented footballer, I'd be looking for a Matt Boyd personality - thorough, professional, loyal, competitive, determined, hard-working, modest ... but ambitious.

Chris Grant type. But I enjoyed Johnno more.

That said, they are probably necessary for BF, where wordsmithing :eek: is not the main game. Instead we want spontaneity and brevity.:cool: Too often someone on BF takes offence :mad: , gets precious :mad: or ridicules :rolleyes: a remark that they have misread or misinterpreted.o_O Before you know it there's a shitfight :cry: and someone has to post that gif "Well, that degenerated quickly!" (or however it goes)*. :(

Do I make myself clear?

*EDIT: "Well that escalated quickly!" - acknowledgement to Doggies7. And it's a jpg not a gif. :$ Well 0 out of 2 ain't bad. :p
There's a gif too.
f8a.gif

Do I make myself clear?

:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back