List Mgmt. Welcome Kane Lucas Pick 10 2014 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he survive more than a season if he doesn't get a game next year? I would be expecting him to prove himself pretty quickly if he wants to be retained. Not necessarily as a superstar but at least pushing for selection and providing some good depth.
If he dominates in the WAFL, even if he doesn't get any AFL games next year, I reckon that he'll get a second year just based on the potential that he could push for selection the following season. Anything else (barring injury), considering that he's a mature age AFL player, and he'll be gone by season's end.

Does he survive more than a season if he doesn't get a game next year? I would be expecting him to prove himself pretty quickly if he wants to be retained. Not necessarily as a superstar but at least pushing for selection and providing some good depth.
He may not get a game simply because the opportunity to be elevated off the rookie list may not arise. If he doesn't do enough in the WAFL next year to demand elevation at the end of the year though he will be done at the Eagles imo - he won't get a 2nd year on the rookie list

He may not get a game simply because the opportunity to be elevated off the rookie list may not arise. If he doesn't do enough in the WAFL next year to demand elevation at the end of the year though he will be done at the Eagles imo - he won't get a 2nd year on the rookie list

Do we have any veteran listed players for 2015? If not then we could nominate two rookies before the beginning of the season. He'd still have to earn a game though...

Do we have any veteran listed players for 2015? If not then we could nominate two rookies before the beginning of the season. He'd still have to earn a game though...

Don't they have to be over 30 or been on the list for 10 years? Matt, Butler and Waters would be getting there soon if that's the case.

Veteran listed players no longer have a bearing on list size. You have to have a minimum of 38 and a maximum of 40 players on your main list plus up to 6 rookie listed players with provided there is no more than 44 players total. You can have up to 3 category B rookies additional to the 44.

Because we have our full quota of 40 senior players we can't elevate a rookie unless there is an LTI.

Veteran listed players no longer have a bearing on list size. You have to have a minimum of 38 and a maximum of 40 players on your main list plus up to 6 rookie listed players with provided there is no more than 44 players total. You can have up to 3 category B rookies additional to the 44.

Because we have our full quota of 40 senior players we can't elevate a rookie unless there is an LTI.
or until round 11 when we can raise another to play.

or until round 11 when we can raise another to play.
So that can still happen then. Read that but wasn't sure if it still applied

Lucas probably wants to make sure he's made a good case for elevation by then. Newman likely to be his biggest competition

Thought you said that with our list and draw last season Simpson failed in not getting us to finals. Now you're saying you can't remember us ever having so many hacks on our list, maybe Simmo didn't do so badly after all
can't blame Simpson for the abundance of spuds on our list.

can blame Simpson for proving tactically inept at securing games that were all but won on multiple occasions last season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see your rating of Woosha then, whom was rubbish in this regard for many years.
with woosha we either crashed and burned or we were right up there. none of this mediocrity crap.

anyway, i don't understand the obsession some of have with those of us who are moderately critical of Simpson. it's like we're not allowed to demand a winning culture anymore.

From everything I've heard Kane Lucas and Mitch Duncan are, allegedly, the two biggest flogs to ever come out of Trinity. I don't think he'd have too much trouble with blokes like Robinson. Not sure what your issue with Murphy is though?

nah kane was always a decent enough bloke imo, worst you could say about him at TC was that he was a bit full of himself. mitch not so much but far from the biggest flog to come out of TC that year

nah kane was always a decent enough bloke imo, worst you could say about him at TC was that he was a bit full of himself. mitch not so much but far from the biggest flog to come out of TC that year
Maybe that's why Mitch slid so far. Damnit

I meant size spece, weight etc. Surely couldn't have been too dissimilar?
Looked it up there's a fair difference - 12cm and 13kg

Weedon 182cm and 83kg

Neade 170cm and 70kg

Lewis broome was closer to neade - 167cm and 62kg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back