Player Watch Welcome Max Ramsden, Pick 6 2022 MSD - Debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

From all reports pretty good. He is probably the best runner of all the rucks at the club.

Kicked 3 in the intra club last week when he went forward. Playing games probably weighs on Meeks form and whether on not we stay on the 2 rucks path.
Nice. I was worried with Chol and Meek that Ramsden will be further down the pecking order as Ruck or Key Forward

Ramsden should be fighting for that 3rd tall position with Gunston.

Give him the license to run all day and stretch the defence. Go in the ruck to relieve Ned.

Chol can ruck in the F50 stoppages.

Ramsden should be fighting for that 3rd tall position with Gunston.

Give him the license to run all day and stretch the defence. Go in the ruck to relieve Ned.

Chol can ruck in the F50 stoppages.
Yes I agree, Ramsden as a third mobile tall would be great, Gunston has a season or two and will be managed. Opportunity for Rama will be there. Plus tall depth in the forward line is a luxury we have been missing.

Looking good against Casey.

So Excited Flirting GIF

9 disposals - 5 marks - 3 tackles - 3 hit-outs - 3 clearances - 1 goal (100% disposal efficiency)

Playing Ramsden as the second ruck means that Chol doesn’t have to ruck anymore.

Covered 14k today around the ground in 83% game time too, the 5th or so most on field. Can’t imagine that would’ve been an enjoyable rotation for either of the pies rucks

Popped up in defence a few times to take some intercepts. Maybe there could be room for him in the backline if he can't lay claim to a forward spot when others return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covered 14k today around the ground in 83% game time too, the 5th or so most on field. Can’t imagine that would’ve been an enjoyable rotation for either of the pies rucks
I have said it many times, the kid has wheels and should be playing wing. He showed with his marking today that he would give us that get out we so desperately need hen defence is under pressure and he uses it well.

We just need to play and play and play him.

I will put up my hand and say I didn’t think he was AFL ready yet as a ruckman and I still do. However, his contested marking has been good in the VFL and he has some forward craft.
Yesterday’s effort by Ramma deserves mention as I thought he looked more at home than I was expecting. The speed and anticipation to mark in front of Moore and kick his first AFL goal was noteworthy as was his ability to cover the ground and take a contested mark.
I always thought he had potential and am now even more convinced he will make it.

I will put up my hand and say I didn’t think he was AFL ready yet as a ruckman and I still do. However, his contested marking has been good in the VFL and he has some forward craft.
Yesterday’s effort by Ramma deserves mention as I thought he looked more at home than I was expecting. The speed and anticipation to mark in front of Moore and kick his first AFL goal was noteworthy as was his ability to cover the ground and take a contested mark.
I always thought he had potential and am now even more convinced he will make it.
Was genuine forward craft and anticipation . Looks simple but type of thing thats hard to teach .

Yesterday he went from running around to looking like he felt he belonged out there.

Slow burn but worth the wait.

Was genuine forward craft and anticipation . Looks simple but type of thing thats hard to teach .

Yesterday he went from running around to looking like he felt he belonged out there.

Another pre season or two and he will be formidable

Very serviceable game by Max,nice work.
I noticed his long kicks are all like pitching wedges,he doesn’t get any penetration.

Bloody great points on every count, it definitely felt like that transformation was happening in one single game.

Was infectious too, Jai Newcombe also rediscovered himself this week when the chips were down.

We're building something here, we weren't sharp enough to get the win we should have. But it's coming, with a lot more to follow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back