Player Watch Welcome Max Ramsden, Pick 6 2022 MSD - Debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

A great talent with great upside. But not long ago, many of us (including myself) were saying the same thing about Emerson Jeka. Let's hope Ramsden's development does not run into the same sort of issues that Jeka's did.

I remember when Ramma was drafted, we knew he'd take a bit of time to develop.
I wonder if this is the season we see that development come through?

Do we want him to be a solid contributor at the VFL level for the first half of the season?
Very excited to see how we use him this year!

A great talent with great upside. But not long ago, many of us (including myself) were saying the same thing about Emerson Jeka. Let's hope Ramsden's development does not run into the same sort of issues that Jeka's did.
No question about Rama’s commitment. Jeka had all the ability in the world but most will say, he lacked the necessary commitment and consistency. That is why we delisted him. Wonder what Geelong will get out of him.

No question about Rama’s commitment. Jeka had all the ability in the world but most will say, he lacked the necessary commitment and consistency. That is why we delisted him. Wonder what Geelong will get out of him.
Isn’t he at the bombers?

Edit: woops forgot about the rookie draft

Just seeing how much he has improved from year to year is the big sign with Ramsden. He looked miles off it his first year when he first came in, but by the end of that season was impacting the VFL finals and showing some real signs of talent even without a pre-season. Put on 10+ kilos in his first pre-season, started kicking bags as a forward at VFL, and got a few opportunities in the Hawthorn seniors in only his second year (or first full year). Now has put on another 6 + kilos, and talk is has a lot more presence in the contest and confidence in the competitive stuff, on top of his massive running capacity. Even better when he does come into the side hopefully our side is better ready to support him with a forward structure, and he can use his attributes (height, pace, ability off the ground) to be a real thorn the opposition wasn't expecting to have to worry about.

Just seeing how much he has improved from year to year is the big sign with Ramsden. He looked miles off it his first year when he first came in, but by the end of that season was impacting the VFL finals and showing some real signs of talent even without a pre-season. Put on 10+ kilos in his first pre-season, started kicking bags as a forward at VFL, and got a few opportunities in the Hawthorn seniors in only his second year (or first full year). Now has put on another 6 + kilos, and talk is has a lot more presence in the contest and confidence in the competitive stuff, on top of his massive running capacity. Even better when he does come into the side hopefully our side is better ready to support him with a forward structure, and he can use his attributes (height, pace, ability off the ground) to be a real thorn the opposition wasn't expecting to have to worry about.
I’m not as avid a box hill watcher as others, but some of the games I watched he struggled as a pure ruckman against the real AFL bodies. Hopefully he can start to compete better against them now he’s got more size. Obviously his main strengths lie elsewhere but still something I think he needs to be able to do if he wants to be a good afl player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true.

I doubt it but how good if he did! That’s no knock on Max but Newk is an underrated star his bullet kicking is going under the radar.

If Blank, D’Ambroso and Ramsden become decent AFL players 150 plus games. Then the mid season draft has been a god sent for our rebuild …

Newcombe, Blank, Ramsden and D’Ambrosio

* Edit add Blanck

SSP, for mine it’s similar. We have an extraordinary number of best 22 players taken outside the ND and trades
It’s not similar, because it’s not a draft.

It’s not similar, because it’s not a draft.
Probably should’ve rolled with other avenues. Either way MM, our recruiters and Collins* have done a fantastic job getting this rebuild underway

*added Collins in there as I’m pretty sure he was the one that brought the clubs attention to Newc

Probably should’ve rolled with other avenues. Either way MM, our recruiters and Collins* have done a fantastic job getting this rebuild underway

*added Collins in there as I’m pretty sure he was the one that brought the clubs attention to Newc

Hopefully we continue to recruit the best available Hawthorn supporter.

For me it's similar to having first access to the kids who grew up in the pre draft Hawthorn zone.

It will always be an unfair advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back