Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously love this man. He’s only young but he is so tuned in to what success would mean for all of us and he plays his guts out every week to try and deliver it. We are very fortunate to have him at the club.

I seriously love this man. He’s only young but he is so tuned in to what success would mean for all of us and he plays his guts out every week to try and deliver it. We are very fortunate to have him at the club.
Also pretty much confirms he’s going nowhere. Didn’t mind being drafted out west and sounds like he fell in love with the club from day one. Amazing to think we could have another 10-12 years of him leading this club.

I came here to share this article. Caleb is a cracking player, so glad we have him. I have loyalty to my previous buddy Andy, but I wouldn’t be fazed if Caleb is the actual captain in waiting. Wears his purple heart on his sleeve and will carry the team on his back if he had to.

I’m not a fan of co-captains, but in this situation, I would warm to a co-captaincy of Andy and Caleb. They complement each other as leaders - Caleb with his hothead passion and Andy who is cool and collected, but equally as invested in the club.

Great interview. Some of the posts in The first page of this thread are embarrassing and sum up why big footy nuffies should never make bold proclamations on draft night.
A lot of people would have had us select Jeremy Sharp and Deven Robertson instead of Young and Serong. Could you imagine how hideous that would have been?

Great interview. Some of the posts in The first page of this thread are embarrassing and sum up why big footy nuffies should never make bold proclamations on draft night.
A lot of people would have had us select Jeremy Sharp and Deven Robertson instead of Young and Serong. Could you imagine how hideous that would have been?
imagine having all four of them

Caleb won the nomination for Round 1 outstanding performance on Footy Classified last night.

He could be on target for a new Lexus to cap off his Brownlow, AA captain, Norm Smith, B&F etc year ;)

you forgot premiership medallion. That’s the most important one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be an odd belief, but Serong's haircut tells me a lot about how he wants to be seen as a clean player. He can be an angry little man, but he doesn't feel the need to bleach his hair, display a mullet, or look like an axe murderer - respect x
Fair call there I reckon, I could never imagine him hanging around with Bikies, more likely to be out doing some volunteering charity work.

FWIW I wanted Dylan Stephens in the 2019 draft, how wrong was I? Serong and Young and Frederick all drafted after him. Alot of good players in the first round of that draft, then guys like Chad Warner got picked later too, was a good draft I'm saying and we have three of the top 10 picks on our list playing elite football. * chef's kiss *

Fair call there I reckon, I could never imagine him hanging around with Bikies, more likely to be out doing some volunteering charity work.

FWIW I wanted Dylan Stephens in the 2019 draft, how wrong was I? Serong and Young and Frederick all drafted after him. Alot of good players in the first round of that draft, then guys like Chad Warner got picked later too, was a good draft I'm saying and we have three of the top 10 picks on our list playing elite football. * chef's kiss *

2016 goes ok too. Darcy, Cox, Ryan….

If we ever win a flag, it will come down to the 2019 draft. I reckon Jackson, Serong, Young and Freddy would go top 10 in a redo.

Not according to Smiles Johnson. 🤣

Trent Rivers should feel very slighted.
Not too bad, Freddy isnt top 10, it's just too stacked a draft but there is some Doggies bias having Weightman ahead of Young and Day, absolutely no chance that would happen (it's amazing the number of superstars the Dogs apparently have while not winning many games really). Rowell is back in that top 6 as well

The only real miss was Trent Rivers, I think he deserves to be there over Henry and Kemp at minimum.

Not too bad, Freddy isnt top 10, it's just too stacked a draft but there is some Doggies bias having Weightman ahead of Young and Day, absolutely no chance that would happen (it's amazing the number of superstars the Dogs apparently have while not winning many games really). Rowell is back in that top 6 as well
Weightman coming off 6 goals for the Dogs would definitely have caused some bias.
We are an elite small forward short yet I doubt there’s a Freo supporter alive who’d trade Young for Weightman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back