Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Played well again. Couple little moments but he was very good today.
He could have got a 50 for it too. Caught JDG holding the ball & rather than giving the ball to Scrim, he just put it on the ground

Great game. Really took the game on and worked well to keep the ball moving forward quickly.

Collingwood couldn’t afford to over focus on Sicily because Scrimmers was being so dangerous.

Criminal that he played in the VFL last week.

Brilliant game - firmly in our best 22
Was a bad call to leave him out last week for Bramble. Didn't make any sense to me at all.

I've noticed also that Sicily seems to play a lot better when Scrimmers is in the team. Having another defender who can intercept mark really lightens the pressure on our Captain.

Was a bad call to leave him out last week for Bramble. Didn't make any sense to me at all.

I've noticed also that Sicily seems to play a lot better when Scrimmers is in the team. Having another defender who can intercept mark really lightens the pressure on our Captain.
Sicily's best game of the year came with Scrimshaw out of the side, against St Kilda. I don't think it makes an iota of difference on Sic whether he plays with Scrimshaw or not.

On Scrimshaw, he had a great game and did exactly what I've always wanted him to, thought he should / could do. He's a lock with that type of performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want him traded at all! Way too good to be seen as surplus.
You dont trade a top 5 talent unless they have major behaviour issues and from all I have heard Scrimmers absolutely loves the club and is well liked by the players and coaches.

He has the potential be an AA half back if he can combine defensive intensity with his massive natural talent IMOH.

Never any question of his talent his ball in hand. That tackle yesterday was the thing that will keep him in the side, and at the club if it becomes a regular part of his game. Played with great intent yesterday.
Aside from the intensity, it was technically a great tackle as well.

Latched on to his arms to lock the ball in and didn’t take him to ground, almost like a wrestling or judo move.

Reminded me a bit of Cyril’s tackle in Bock.

Like this post if you didn’t have scrim in your pre season hawks best 22

20 games in 2022
I’m pleased that Sam has made players (like Jack) who appeared to have claims on a regular spot, but their output in key areas was wanting, have to go back to BHH to work on deficiencies.

It’s completely appropriate, and frankly I’d be disappointed if we had a lot of players in the “best 22 lock” category at the selection table.

It would encourage / foster complacency.

On his last 2 weeks’ efforts, they’ve been much better.

Getting dropped to the 2s can, and should, result in improved output once back into the senior side.

Fear is a great motivator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back