Past Toby Nankervis - traded 2016, premiership Tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only who thinks of
latest

We lost a Mummy

So ima call him Nanny

He was good I thought. Main thing is he did not look out of place.

Annoyed he looked where he was going to kick the ball and spotted up targets. Obviously he was brown-nosing those other guys that were suspended saying "look at me I can kicks you ball and stuff - put in good word with Horse". No one like a crawler.

Never fear. Only take us a month to get that no look kick it as high and as long as you can to a nest of the opposition jumpers drilled into him.

His disposal by foot was what impressed me at times.

Held his own in the contest.

Just needs the endurance base and he's set to impact IMO

Looked OK. Far better than Naismith did on debut.

He has something to work with and Christ I hope he makes it. Badly need to develop a young ruckman - how long has it been?

Looked OK. Far better than Naismith did on debut.

Badly need to develop a young ruckman - how long has it been?
Last one that was considered high quality was Greg Stafford.

Donkey Doyle may have been if he wasn't injured all the time

Last one that was considered high quality was Greg Stafford.

Donkey Doyle may have been if he wasn't injured all the time

Yeah Stafford was probably the last. Ball, Jolly, Everitt, Mumford - all traded in after being developed elsewhere.

Meanwhile we've produced Stefan Carey and Doyle (crippled by injuries albeit) :(

Yeah Stafford was probably the last. Ball, Jolly, Everitt, Mumford - all traded in after being developed elsewhere.

Meanwhile we've produced Stefan Carey and Doyle (crippled by injuries albeit) :(
Daniel Currie, Ricky Mott and Brett O'Farrell

It took him a while to really start throwing his weight around, but I noticed quite a few times in the 2nd half that he was starting to block and tackle physically, as is his reputation. Good performance from a young ruck against two experienced men in McEvoy and Hale. They won the contest overall but it's good to Nankervis out there showing he's worthy of seniors.

Only 10 hitouts which was to be expected obviously against Naitanui but I see he had 6 tackles and threw his weight around a little bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Pyke got subbed out instead of Nankervis might show that the coaches are leaning towards Nankervis now

Even though he's slower than a wet week, he doesn't use that as an excuse not to chase or tackle. I thought some of his efforts in trying to lock the ball in our forward half were exemplary and put to shame some of the bigger names beside him who only showed half as much intent.

A Nankervis/Reid ruck combo has some merit to it, and even though it will be the default combo if Pyke isn't fit, I think we should also consider it if Pyke is fit.

Even though he's slower than a wet week, he doesn't use that as an excuse not to chase or tackle. I thought some of his efforts in trying to lock the ball in our forward half were exemplary and put to shame some of the bigger names beside him who only showed half as much intent.

A Nankervis/Reid ruck combo has some merit to it, and even though it will be the default combo if Pyke isn't fit, I think we should also consider it if Pyke is fit.
He didn't seem that slow. He's no Pyke speed wise but he's no Paul Chambers!

Yeh I saw the same. He's not quick by any means but he tries his guts out to chase and pressure the ball carrier. He's starting to hit guys around the stoppages with more intensity and consistency too. Getting the confidence to throw his weight around. He'll have another tough week with Sam Jacobs to contend with this week though.

With Franklin hopefully back in this week, a Nankervis/Reid combination might be considered but if Franklin isn't ready to go, I imagine they'll want to keep Reid forward and have Pyke in if he's fit or Derickx if Pyke isn't ready to play.

Very happy with nanka, no dean cox but could become a very reasonable player. Tough ask last week and not gonna get much easier this week but steady signs of improvement is all we can really hope for at this stage. Would love to see him play the season out in the seniors.

I'll post it up later in the Stats thread but Nankervis didn't take one centre bounce until Pyke went off. Which would indicate they didn't have much confidence in him against the hops of NN

I'll post it up later in the Stats thread but Nankervis didn't take one centre bounce until Pyke went off. Which would indicate they didn't have much confidence in him against the hops of NN

Especially given Pyke clearly was not 100%

happy to run him into the ground v Nic Nat

Must not be fussed about Jacobs

Can't say I'm surprised. Very few players would want to go against NN, let alone in your 3rd game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back