Western Bulldogs v GWS Giants - A new rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

He never could handle a tag. Picken will own him.

Nah. Despite his shitful disappearing act and our collective feelings of contempt toward him, the guy could handle a tag. Took him a while granted, but in his last three to four seasons he won more than he lost.

As far as a GWS rivalry goes…. it's pretty meh from my point of view. They're not really on my radar to be honest.

Who ?
They should set up a rivalry with a team within 700 km's where they reside.
That press release was the lamest piss weak small time attempt to set up a rivalry.
I like seeing the teams lose to whom my workmates follow, and don't know any GWS fans at work.

I'm for it. Most Bulldogs supporters already hate them for all the crap so far. The hard part will be getting their supporters to hate us.

Taking Boyd and WHE from them in two straight years should do it.

giphy.gif

Nah. Despite his shitful disappearing act and our collective feelings of contempt toward him, the guy could handle a tag. Took him a while granted, but in his last three to four seasons he won more than he lost.

As far as a GWS rivalry goes…. it's pretty meh from my point of view. They're not really on my radar to be honest.
On the ball as always

Griffen disappointed me for a long time, to the point where I gave up on him thinking he was a waste of talent

Last few years though...

Not a slight for the few fibros coming through, but I fail to notice GWS most of the time, hard to get used to the new teams in weird, non-football places

Last edited:
I'm for it. Most Bulldogs supporters already hate them for all the crap so far. The hard part will be getting their supporters to hate us.

The hard part will be finding their supporters. Apart from some dick called Ian, all their memberships are registered with first names of Callan, Tom and Ryan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really think so. Anyway I'd rather have a rivary with a Victorian club than a Micky mouse club like GWS.

Why have a rivalry with a manufactured club that has no history or soul and won't be in existance in 10 years time.

I don't really think so. Anyway I'd rather have a rivary with a Victorian club than a Micky mouse club like GWS.

How can you have a rivalry with a team that only gets around 3000 supporters to THEIR OWN homes games?

And 90% of those are supporters of the opposition club

We have over 100 years of history and they have 0 history pretty much.

That's the sad reality isn't it. Where are the teams lining up to be rivals with us? We've had 90 years in this league to manufacture/create at least one - yet none exist.

That's the sad reality isn't it. Where are the teams lining up to be rivals with us? We've had 90 years in this league to manufacture/create at least one - yet none exist.
St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back