Music What are you listening to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

been busy and forgetful, oops!

collage.jpg

Odd week this one, I think the most interesting thing I ended up listening to this week was "From Lithuania with Love" - m1dlet. It's a pretty... odd splittercore (very fast bpm electronic music, allegedly something between like 600bpm+. I don't know how accurate that is exactly but it's probably true lol) album that I chucked on while running errands and then kept listening to it throughout the week, it's fun, but i wouldn't listen to if it you don't like fast paced electronic music. It's fun though, really fun. Linked here if you're curious. I also have nfi why it's there twice but who cares tbh

Laughing Stock - Talk Talk. I've listened to this album a few times via recommendation from a friend of mine, and it's probably one of my favourite 90's albums. It's unique, interesting and probably something I should listen to more.

Velocity: Design: Comfort - Sweet Trip.

I think I've probably talked about this before but I genuinly think this might be one of the best albums ever made. It's an artistically crafted and well composed glitch inspired album which is drenched in emotions. I've listened to this too many times but I'll always come back to it again and again because it's genuinely so beautiful.

The last one I'd talk about is beat - Bowey Electric. This is an shoegaze album that I've been pointed towards for years but had never really given it a time of day until now. It's a pretty grim and desolate album in it's crafted soundscapes but it fits well and really tries to tell a story. I've seen it described as "an album for the apocolypse" or "an album for the end of the world" which I think is a decent descriptor, but as there's already a harsh noise inspired compilation from 2002 with the same name, i don't think that it fits entirely well, but that's okay. All in all, it was a fantastic listen and I'd recommend giving it a go if your team loses this weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been checking out Helmet, massively influential for the changing 90's metal scene despite not achieving much commercial success themselves. Their 1992 album Meantime is a bit of a metal footnote imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back