What do people think of Creationism?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on - Surely if God is a creator and nurturer then it would be better to style Her as female? Anyway you don't seem to be the sort of guy that would allow that their might be some gender biases in the World in which the authors of the Bible lived so we can leave it at that

If all things are possible for God, as the bible claims, God doesn't need to be female to be a nurturer. Your presumption is that God must be viewed as female to be a nurturer. Your view is unscriptural.

The bible says that "all scripture is inspired of God...". So, any supposed gender bias isn't a factor.

And some confused folks on SRP still consider you a Christian. I know, I know, it doesn't surprise me either.

You don't know the first thing about me! "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (or is there some Tesseract translation of that that goes on "except for those people who disagree with me on hairsplitting translations") . - They will know you are Christian by your love not by your doctrinal rigidity. A closed mind will not convince anyone of anything - Deeds not Words

If all things are possible for God, as the bible claims, God doesn't need to be female to be a nurturer. Your presumption is that God must be viewed as female to be a nurturer. Your view is unscriptural.

The bible says that "all scripture is inspired of God...". So, any supposed gender bias isn't a factor.

So God is a male then

Hang on your preferencing one translation over another - not only that you are using one translation to make a doctrinal point. This from a book that was translated from Hebrew, to Greek, to Latin and then to English - anyway I admire your pugnacity on this thread in the face of all that athiesm

Yes, some translations are better than others. Some for clarity of biblical teachings, and some to modernize the language used.

Yeh but the people who received the inspiration were humans and it has passed through a number of translations but hey all the resurrection stories in each of the Gospels are the same!

God is referred to in the bible as "Father", "Him", "He". That's not to say that God actually has a gender. Given that all scripture is inspired of God, that's what God wants humans to view Him as.

So if God has no gender why call him "Father" - He is our mother as well. That is probably a bit too hippy for you - but hey I am not a Christian so WGAF

You don't know the first thing about me! "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (or is there some Tesseract translation of that that goes on "except for those people who disagree with me on hairsplitting translations") . - They will know you are Christian by your love not by your doctrinal rigidity. A closed mind will not convince anyone of anything - Deeds not Words

I don't need to know you personally to see that your posts are unscriptural. What I've pointed out is no mere "hairsplitting", it's flat out incorrect. That's not judging you to be good, bad or indifferent. I'm pointing out your unscriptural views.

I don't need to know you personally to see that your posts are unscriptural. What I've pointed out is no mere "hairsplitting", it's flat out incorrect. That's not judging you to be good, bad or indifferent. I'm pointing out your unscriptural views.

Don't get cute you said I was not a Christian! Arguing with you is boring because you are so ******* inflexible. I will take my heresy elsewhere.

Hang on - Surely if God is a creator and nurturer then it would be better to style Her as female? Anyway you don't seem to be the sort of guy that would allow that their might be some gender biases in the World in which the authors of the Bible lived so we can leave it at that
He hates women. Hates them...
There is no way in the world tessa would ever believe such power would be the domain of a female. It might even make him question his religion!

Yeh but the people who received the inspiration were humans and it has passed through a number of translations but hey all the resurrection stories in each of the Gospels are the same!

The scriptures would be inspired by men if the authors added their own tidbits here and there. But the bible says its inspired of God, not men. Any man-made additions get pointed out and rejected by the many theologians and translators of language in constant updated bibles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow day in the Barristers chambers for Contra.

I am POET mode (ie the Piss Off Early Today) - I am waiting for an e-mail that some clown said he would send at 5PM on a Friday before Cup weekend - there is no God!

The scriptures would be inspired by men if the authors added their own tidbits here and there. But the bible says its inspired of God, not men. Any man-made additions get pointed out and rejected by the many theologians and translators of language in constant updated bibles.

The Bible is not the Koran - the transmission point through which the inspired word flowed was fallible - therefore fundamentalism is ridiculous. I am opting out now

I am POET mode (ie the Piss Off Early Today) - I am waiting for an e-mail that some clown said he would send at 5PM on a Friday before Cup weekend - there is no God!

Well, apparently you're not a Christian, so you couldn't possibly know. ;)

How f***ing arrogant is tesseract to throw down shyte like that?

Because God, through the His bible, has called himself Father. Hence references to "He" and "Him".

What does it matter. What do you reckon the lessons about the Pharisees in the Bible mean - the entreaty in Matthew when he seperates the sheep from the goats at the last jugement is all that matters. Have you visited any prisoners lately, have you fed any hungry people, or tended to the sick - everything else is bullshit. Don't suppose your a prosperity Gospel type as well!

Don't get cute you said I was not a Christian! Arguing with you is boring because you are so ******* inflexible. I will take my heresy elsewhere.

I don't believe you to be a Christian. I think you show yourself to be one in name alone given your unscriptural views. Why should the bible adjust for your sake?

I don't believe you to be a Christian. I think you show yourself to be one in name alone given your unscriptural views. Why should the bible adjust for your sake?

I am a bit more focused on the NEW TESTAMENT

The Bible is not the Koran - the transmission point through which the inspired word flowed was fallible - therefore fundamentalism is ridiculous. I am opting out now

So, are you rejecting the bible as false based on it human having inscribers? Does not God have the power and will to ensure that His word gets put down by pen as He wills?

As shown throughout the bible, God has used human hands to bring about His will.

What does it matter. What do you reckon the lessons about the Pharisees in the Bible mean - the entreaty in Matthew when he seperates the sheep from the goats at the last jugement is all that matters. Have you visited any prisoners lately, have you fed any hungry people, or tended to the sick - everything else is bullshit. Don't suppose your a prosperity Gospel type as well!

It matters because "Father", "He" and "Him" is scriptural, while 'she' is not scriptural.

I obey God's command at Matthew 28:19.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back