What do people think of Creationism?

Remove this Banner Ad

2f6873f2b80d98ef886b848627df9485.jpg

I'm no fan of the Pope and what he stands for. I rightfully dismiss his hypocrisy and unchristian/non-biblical blatherings. The Pope's unchristian/unbiblical blatherings, in trying to find middle ground with the irreligious, just shows how corrupted and desperate he and the organization he represents is to stay relevant in an ever-increasing Godless world. Yet, while he makes these unscriptural pronouncements, he makes himself and his organization hypocrites, not unlike the pharisees of Jesus' day, in pretending to be God's representative on earth, all while pushing unscriptural notions. If one understands what Revelation says and describes and to how it pertains to the organization the Pope represents, they are going down, and in a truly horrific way. Good riddance, too. Justice will be served.

So people are arguing with this guy.
Gee let me think who has more credibility.
a) the Pope
b) some dickhead on the internet who takes every word in the bible literally.

Maybe we should run a poll.

a) the Pope

Have I not said on multiple occasions in this thread that the bible not only has the literal, but 40-odd types of figurative language? So, how can it rightfully be said that I take every word in the bible literally?

When the Pope, who to Catholics is God's representative on earth, spouts unscriptural notions, he's lost his credibility. (Not that the Pope's position hadn't lost its credibility a long time before.)

Have I not said on multiple occasions in this thread that the bible not only has the literal, but 40-odd types of figurative language? So, how can it rightfully be said that I take every word in the bible literally?

When the Pope, who to Catholics is God's representative on earth, spouts unscriptural notions, he's lost his credibility. (Not that the Pope's position hadn't lost its credibility a long time before.)
How do you understand the bible, better than the pope?

How do you know what is definitely literal, and what is definitely figurative?

What are 5 different types of figurative language in the bible?

Wrong. Mars is slowly being populated...............by Robots. We send 'em up there, after a while, they stop communicating, and we forget about 'em.

But, you know,............they're still up there.............................
You missed the story where they accidentally didn't sterilize those robots and introduced a specie that one day leed to a reaction that lead to the eco sytem we're on.

Would love to chat about that. If you study religion like some study fairytales, its is mind blowing.They say the fairy tale "the boy who cried wolf" is attempting to teach kids not to tell stories to get attention. Some think little red riding hood teaches young kids that you never know who is wearing a mask and is really a threat. Considering what we know about sexual abuse in families?????

They majority reference a war like ww2, three sides, with one who oversees the war between the other two, brings it to an end. Like ww2

I don't hold views contrary to what the bible says.
I'll repeat the question.

Just saying -because I do- isn't an answer or a justification.

Your study of the bible, lets you know what is definitely literal, and what is definitely figurative?
So you don't have anything to actually back up your conclusions. And that means that your understanding isn't better than the popes?

Allegory, simile, parable, metaphor and paradox.
Already I'm gaining interest!
What are the 35 others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asked and answered.

Your study of the bible, lets you know what is definitely literal, and what is definitely figurative?
So you don't have anything to actually back up your conclusions. And that means that your understanding isn't better than the popes?

Given the Pope's stated view in an article posted earlier in this thread demonstrates that the Pope holds unscriptural notions.

Already I'm gaining interest!
What are the 35 others?

I've already indulged you once in this game. If you wish to learn the other 35, do some leg work yourself and use Google.

Asked and answered.
Uh oh... your go to line when you trip yourself up.

Given the Pope's stated view in an article posted earlier in this thread demonstrates that the Pope holds unscriptural notions.
The pope says that it is scriptural, you don't.
So it's you that hold "unscriptural" notions!
Heathen!

I've already indulged you once in this game. If you wish to learn the other 35, do some leg work yourself and use Google.

I did, can't find the 40 figurative languages in the bible that you talked about.
This link has found 21.
http://www.speakingsounddoctrine.com/FigurativeLanguage.htm

So you just need 19 more!

And I've also found the evidence in the bible that shows that She is God, not He!

That's not judging him as a person. That's judging his supposed Christian views on whether they're scriptural.

Based upon your literal interpretation of the scripture. And yes, you did judge him as a person and it was quite offensive, even to an agnostic such as myself.

You are no different to the millions of others who live in 'certainty' that their interpretation of the written word is the only correct one.

It is incredibly arrogant and ignorant.

You are a fool.

a) the Pope

I am a Catholic who thinks there is a fair bit of truth to Tesseract's comment you quoted.

Uh oh... your go to line when you trip yourself up.

Sounds like this is your go to line when you've got nothing worthwhile left to add.

The pope says that it is scriptural, you don't.
So it's you that hold "unscriptural" notions!
Heathen!

The Pope can't even follow biblical commandment in dealing with colleagues who're child molesters. And you consider the Pope an authority on what's biblical. Before you ask, I'll leave the inevitable fishing expedition you'll ask of me to you.

I did, can't find the 40 figurative languages in the bible that you talked about.
This link has found 21.
http://www.speakingsounddoctrine.com/FigurativeLanguage.htm

So you just need 19 more!

And I've also found the evidence in the bible that shows that She is God, not He!

You need 19 more, not I.

Sounds like this is your go to line when you've got nothing worthwhile left to add.
Don't make s**t up, if you can't back it up!

The Pope can't even follow biblical commandment in dealing with colleagues who're child molesters. And you consider the Pope an authority on what's biblical. Before you ask, I'll leave the inevitable fishing expedition you'll ask of me to you.

You need 19 more, not I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back