Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Next years draft selections?

Harley is injury prone and we pick up Hawkins 3rd round
King who lnows?

First choice a CHF to fix our forward line or do we pick a CHB?

Our midfield seems O.K. with a touch of depth still to come through

Gogeelong said:
Next years draft selections?

Harley is injury prone and we pick up Hawkins 3rd round
King who lnows?

First choice a CHF to fix our forward line or do we pick a CHB?

Our midfield seems O.K. with a touch of depth still to come through

1st pick has to be a Key Forward.
2nd pick has to be a Midfielder that can win the clearances and has good disposal skills, can man up and has pace. Clark Kent I think his name is.

With Hawkins, NAblett and our first pick, Mooney can then go back to CHB if required.

hahah, yeah... foot injury my eye! Gary Snr was clearly delivering that acceptance speech from within a cloning lab.
And on that issue... what a huge beat up over nothing from Channel 9 (once again)... I hate that Tony Jones... someone punch him in the face for me.

hyperswivel said:
hahah, yeah... foot injury my eye! Gary Snr was clearly delivering that acceptance speech from within a cloning lab.
And on that issue... what a huge beat up over nothing from Channel 9 (once again)... I hate that Tony Jones... someone punch him in the face for me.

Wow, thats the first intelligent thing you've said on here, Swivel!!!

Congratulations! Get the guy a medal. :D

keep bomber Thompson

get rid of all the other assistants - especially Lovell

we've already snared Hawkins which is a HUGE plus.

now we need a decent midfielder

take the captaincy off King...give it to Moons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kent_Kingsley said:
keep bomber Thompson

get rid of all the other assistants - especially Lovell

we've already snared Hawkins which is a HUGE plus.

now we need a decent midfielder

take the captaincy off King...give it to Moons

Love Kingy, but YEAH BABY!!!!!:D

Key forward. (most teams crave that though, even the Crows.. god bless our super midfield)

Pacy midfielder. I reckon you lads have the toughness in the guts but you need some pace. That would take the pressure of the slow boys like Ling.

1. Fire Bomber, and hire Darren Cresswell, Don Pyke or John Longmire.

2. Give the captaincy to Chappy or Smithy.

3. Upgrade our draft picks. Trade Steve Johnson, Kingsley, King and / or Harley to do so.

4. Draft a key forward IF we're in the top 8 picks. Apparently most of the key talls will be gone around this pick. If that's the case, draft a speedy midfielder.

5. Get some half back flankers not named Josh Hunt who can actually play accountably.

6. Get a new midfield coach. Lovell is terrible. Bring in someone like Brett Ratten or someone who's recently retired from footy.

DBAH0 said:
6. Get a new midfield coach. Lovell is terrible. Bring in someone like Brett Ratten or someone who's recently retired from footy.

Have to agree on this. When Creswell had charge of our midfield is when it really took off, it is gone backwards (collectively, some individuals have improved) since his departure. If individuals are improving, but the midfield as a whole ain't doin much, gotta look at the coaches who are meant to be divising our set pieces (which have been pretty average this year).

Inspite of my other thread , I say if we finish in the bottom 4 or 5 , we should go for the best tall available or Gibbs if the other clubs go tall crazy ( I bet Ess grabs him with 1 though).
It will be interesting to monitor the U18 champs but if we could get Hanson we would be very well served , a kid who is quality forward or back.

We then also need to trade with someone to get some extra picks in the top 25-30 and get the best kids we can get our hands on! Another Varcoe type would be good or maybe a medium tall with heaps of speed that can play half back.

I really dont think we are a mile away from it , the adddition of some speed with skill , even if they are light weight would help out our main guys

Fire Bomber.
Bring in Travis Varcoe.
Mooney a fulltime forward.
Gaz more time in the midfield.
Ottens more time in the ruck.
King stripped of captaincy.
Scarlo or Corey given the captaincy.
Tom Harley fully fit.
Will Slade delisted again
Kent and Steve Johnson fined $500 for everytime they pass off a set shot inside 50.
Josh Hunt given the freedom to either play shirtless or blow kisses to me in the outer.....preferably both.

Renegade said:
Fire Bomber.
Bring in Travis Varcoe.
Mooney a fulltime forward.
Gaz more time in the midfield.
Ottens more time in the ruck.

King stripped of captaincy.
Scarlo or Corey given the captaincy.
Tom Harley fully fit.
Will Slade delisted again
Kent and Steve Johnson fined $500 for everytime they pass off a set shot inside 50.
Josh Hunt given the freedom to either play shirtless or blow kisses to me in the outer.....preferably both.

I definetly agree with the statements in bold...

King's future will be determined in the remaining weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back