Strategy What is our 23 Offseason like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
For me the alarm bells were ringing when we played Melbourne in the preseason. I though we looked unfit, unmotivated and lacked any plan. Well it seems like the marionettes of misfortune have decided to pop a squat and unleash a pile of turd larger than the s**t Jeff Goldblum was standing next to in Jurassic Park at our doorstep.

Now, I think there is a simple plan that the new dude-Peggy and Gale should be doing to set us up for the next decade. We need a full review like we did at the end of 2016. Everyone should be looked at as well. What we need to answer;

1. Are the current coaches (including Hardwick) providing good feedback, teaching and tactical assessment?
2. Is the medical staff dropping the ball or is the Fitness staff causing too much stress on the players bodies without much benefit?
3. Do we have the right support staff for the team?
4. Is our VFL Development program as top notch as it should be?
5. Has the success of 2017 - 2020 papered over potential deficiencies in our recruitment team?

I think we look to trade our second round pick, either split it for more picks or move it into 2024 so we have more assets to go after Ben King

Remove this Banner Ad

Back