Opinion What is your most nonsensical Freo hill you'll die on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I wrote this in another thread and wanted to see what fellow Freo fans consider their best and hot takes. Regardless of what happened in the reality.
For mine, I have two;
Justin Bollenhagen would've been a superstar if we gave him enough chances
Nyhuis was going to be a quality defender and the AFL lost the next Dane Rampe.
*mods please move this if a similar thread exists

We should never have moved ot Cockburn, it sucked the club into an abyss of white bread corporate blandness for no discernible outcome/benefit. We're still just as much of a joke to the rest of the AFL, but now a much less lovable, quirky joke.
This is the only real hill I'll die on, the rest are small mounds and undulations

1A - Sam Sturt has been as badly managed/developed/coached by Justin Longmuir in 2022 as any player in our history.
1B - Bailey Banfield has played more undeserved games for Freo than any other player in our history.
2 - Paul Maher would have been a top tier star of the competition and a Freo top 5 all timer had he not copped his knee injury.
3 - Our medical staff at the time (Boyle & Willens) ruined Clem Michael.
4 - Trevor Nisbett is actually a decent bloke with impeccable morals.
5 - Joel Western should have been given another year.

One of those is a lie.

I have complete certainty of accuracy for all the others and can show workings if required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley Bennell could have been a top 5 player in Fremantle's history

Ross Lyon effectively ruined S. Hill's career by forcing him to play a more inside role when his best was more of an outside role. Hill should've lasted a lot longer he did.. Still kills me to this day.
Hilly was a s**t winger. Man people have short memories. There are probably a 100 pages of raging at Hill on here for being soft when he used to get tagged out of games.
Sending him inside out (and finally half back) saved his career.

Trading pick 1,20 and 36 for Croad and McPharlin was a great deal and one I’d do again.

Hindsight is great, but that was a huge win for us at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back