What will be the next hoodoo we break?

Which will we break first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of them are more ridiculous than others too. Like not winning in Perth is shithouse, but also in that time Eagles and Dockers have generally been good, and we sometimes have only played there twice a season, for example.

But we've played St Kilda at pretty much their lowest point, and have played at Etihad a fair bit.

It'd be nice to break one that meant a bit, like beating Collingwood or Hawthorn. Beating North for once would just make me happy.

I give us a chance to beat Collingwood but surely with two chances against the Saints this season we've got to win at least one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a curious list. 2007 is the year I noticed things turned on us. That's when the umpires started cheating us on the field I remember it like yesterday. Though I cant remember the exact date but not long after that Demetriou started talking us down threatening us like they were going to take the Queens Birthday game offf us etc with C Wilson telling everyone we stood for nothing. Our board and coaches was hounded out of office, MRP would change the rules to suspend our players, it all started after 2006 which is when something went on and it turned on field in 2007. I remember it so well. Our coach was wrongly called a racist by the AFL, no apology. Our players were cheated on field, that was the worst. Then the violence on field that the AFL seems to turn a blind eye to. Colin Sylvia smashed jaw? Colin Sylvia smashed vertebrea? Cam Pederson smashed nose? It all started in 2007. Tanking, what was that about do you reckon Schmutt, all the while Demetriou was talking us down while the team he supports Essendon were injecting their players with god knows what? It all turned in 2007 as your list shows. I would argue there was a meeting that said lets get rid of those pricks with their skiing holidays and range rovers. With the log jam of Melbourne based clubs their was a meeting in 2006, there has to have been, Ch 7, C Wilson at the Age, and the AFL and they said lets get rid of Melbourne and free up the MCG for Richmond and Carlton, it all started in 2007 and one day it will all come out. And you know what, the Dees have taken everything they have thrown at us. We are the oldest professional sporting club in the world and we are still here. We are not going anywhere. Go D's, give em hell!!!

Last edited:
Back