Whats a greater threat to Australia Climate Change deniers or terrorists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think these ****heads actually believe the s**t they pander?

They all know climate change is real.

It sickens me to see them try and obfuscate and bullshit it away to suck in the uneducated right wing diehards.

I'd say they like most uneducated right wingers suspect its happening but are highly dubious as to the extent of it. The extent that human beings are responsible for it? What good is wrecking Australias economy if we can do nothing about it? In the other thread left wingers are up in arms at the economic turmoil caused by China momentarily reducing imports of our bigger export. I asume China arent burning coal to generate cheap reliable energy.... Q

Its not about me. Its about the fact that there are far more important topics that should be on our political agenda; climate change, domestic violence etc but Abbott wants to focus on terrorism because he's trying to keep his job.
I can't really explain it any more clearly. If you don't understand I can't help you sorry.
The constant focus on terrorism is because it keeps popping up and is unfortunately becoming more eventful

Hmm... no conflict of interest there.

Because the renewables industry uses no metals?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ces-calls-quit-payments-green-businesses.html

Tory peer John Selwyn Gummer's private company has been paid more than £600,000 from 'green' businesses that stand to make millions from his advice to Ministers.

The Conservative grandee heads the Government's powerful Climate Change Committee that vigorously supports pumping billions of pounds in public subsidies into firms developing environmentally friendly technology

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Malcoms on board finally
Wasted a lot of money and energy keeping them in power though and was awfully quiet during the election campaign

Malcolm Turnbull has unleashed on Scott Morrison in a brutal new interview in which the former Liberal leader also likened his climate change-denying colleagues to “terrorists”.

Mr Turnbull also accused his own predecessor, Tony Abbott, of being the nation’s most prominent climate denier in Australian politics, who was joined by others in a shameful “war against science”.
“It is an extraordinarily irrational and self-destructive approach,” Mr Turnbull said.
“The right [wing] in the Liberal Party essentially operate like terrorists,” he said.
“Now I’m not suggesting that they use guns and bombs or anything like that, but their approach is one of intimidation.
“And they basically say to the rest of the party… if you don’t do what we want, we will blow the show up. Famously one of the coup leaders said to me, ‘you have to give in to the terrorists’.”

Mr Turnbull said that, until 20 years ago, people got information from "curated media" such as The Sydney Morning Herald or the ABC whereas now "people are able to choose the news they want; they can select their own facts".

"When people start talking about alternative facts you’re in serious trouble. You see this most notably on climate change," he said.

He slammed the "toxic alliance" of "right-wing politics where global warming is seen as some sort of ideological or religious issue; the right-wing media - principally the Murdoch media - who even went to the extent of denying the real cause of the fires, and became a laughing stock; and ... that vested interest in the fossil fuel lobby, the coal industry".

Australia’s transition to a zero-emissions economy is being "held hostage by very narrow sectional interests that have enormous leverage over the Liberal-National parties", he said.

Asked what Australians could do to effect change, he suggested lobbying their MPs and writing to their local papers, but said "ultimately it’s only through the ballot box that this will change".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back