Strategy Where are we going as a football team?

Remove this Banner Ad

People also bring up his no premierships as a player to prove his supposed incompetence.

For me it's not even about the results. It's the fact that under his 10 years of coaching, for the most part the team has played poorly. Error riddled, and severely lacking in skill.
Malthouse proved that a team can look very skilled, even if they lack the general talent.
Somehow Buckley has managed to go the other way. He's had the raw talent, but under him they've looked so lacklustre.

For me it's not even about the results. It's the fact that under his 10 years of coaching, for the most part the team has played poorly. Error riddled, and severely lacking in skill.
Malthouse proved that a team can look very skilled, even if they lack the general talent.
Somehow Buckley has managed to go the other way. He's had the raw talent, but under him they've looked so lacklustre.

If that was true we wouldn't have made the 2018 GF and 2019 prelim. So he must've been doing something right.

Well I thought the same thing until everyone here was saying that those years were mainly down to Justin Longmuir.

I think it works that when things go well it’s because of everyone else other than Bucks, when things don’t go well it’s purely because of Bucks.

I think it works that when things go well it’s because of everyone else other than Bucks, when things don’t go well it’s purely because of Bucks.

That's true and from that point of view it is harsh. But I can honestly say that under Bucks, for 80% of the time I haven't really enjoyed watching them play. And if he did manage to get them to the top in 2018, credit to him, but he was unable to sustain it for any length of time, and back down we go.

Yeah nah. We have enough good talent 28 years old and under to push again in 2-4 years. Accept that this year was going to be a down one (many could see it in November, glad you're all starting to wake up), see which kids have what it takes, start again next year with a new coach.

FB: Maynard, ______, Noble
HB: Quaynor, Moore, Crisp
C: J.Daicos, ______, ______
HF: Elliott, Kelly, ______
FF: Mihocek, ______, ______
F: T.Brown, Grundy, Adams
INT: ______, Henry, Macrae, McCreery

Yeah nah. We have enough good talent 28 years old and under to push again in 2-4 years. Accept that this year was going to be a down one (many could see it in November, glad you're all starting to wake up), see which kids have what it takes, start again next year with a new coach.

You could probably add Reef to that list, he will be the best of the lot and then Daicos and dib next year and it's quite exciting

You could probably add Reef to that list, he will be the best of the lot and then Daicos and dib next year and it's quite exciting
Agreed. It's not all doom and gloom. We were always going to struggle this season, but we have a very talented core of youngsters (28 and under), so I see a big bounce back in 2-4 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T.Brown in the ruck ?
You may be onto something. :)

From my feelings i dont think the club players coach the board etc..... dont give a crap for their supporters and members either its all about them.

Look they do not give a crap.

But do we really? I'd argue you are SERIOUSLY overstating the level of talent listed.

Don't mind the occasional prophecy of doom, but it needs to have a bit of pizazz, some literary flourish.

At the very least, get biblical with it. Give us pestilence, hordes, floods, divine vengeance.

Dwelling in the cellar for decades of footballing despair is one thing, but having to read lazy and plainly unimaginative OPs cannot be tolerated.

But do we really? I'd argue you are SERIOUSLY overstating the level of talent listed.
I don't think so, I think the talent is there, we just have the talent in the wrong positions. Any a couple of our kids turn into really good players and we can get something in the draft, I think we're good. We need ball winners, better kicks and a forward. Hard to find, but if we do, the rest of the team is fine imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back